BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

07-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
Leg
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White

My badges and wheel centres have "peeled"

So im looking for carbon ones. The exterior of the car is black and white with the exception of badges so it makes sense seen as they need replacing. I could get them done under warranty (badges, not wheels as they are breytons) but thought I would take the opportunity.

Problem is, where from. Damned if I can find a stockist anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

E92 M3, Breyton GTS 19s, black and carbon all over
Factory Mini John Cooper Works 211bhp
MK Indy R track car (road legal) 300bhp+ per ton, sequential box
VW Tiguan 4x4
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 04:32 AM   #2
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

Don't touch the BMW logo, I consider 1 thing that I don't mod because those colors are part of the BMW heritage, why change it? If u are might as well change BMW to your own initials etc. I would just get OEMs.

just my opinion, but if u want I guess IND can hook you up.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Ebay http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/stevethings/
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

I have all of them BNIB if needed. $65 shipped. I pd ~$100

Hood, trunk, steering wheel emblem along with center caps. If interested PM me your e-mail & I'll send you pictures. I decided to leave 'em stock.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
Don't touch the BMW logo, I consider 1 thing that I don't mod because those colors are part of the BMW heritage, why change it? If u are might as well change BMW to your own initials etc. I would just get OEMs.

+1
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Quote:
Don't touch the BMW logo, I consider 1 thing that I don't mod because those colors are part of the BMW heritage, why change it? If u are might as well change BMW to your own initials etc.
Quoted for truth.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

We have these available. Please PM me or check out our site for more information.

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Leg
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Seen as the badge is meant to represent propellor blades cutting through the blue sky and blue sky is as rare as hell in England I reckon the black one, that represents cutting through black, cloudy, foggy, crap English weather, should be adopted for all UK bound cars. Ones bound for Scotland should probably just be all black with a faint hint of BMW peeking through in dark, dismall grey.

It's a shame you cant get digital ones that are blue when the car is in the garage to represent the weather as it is BEFORE you get the car out but that change to black and grey to represent the fact that the bloody minute I actually get the M3 out, it usually clouds over and pisses it down?

Or, maybe, its just a badge and buggering about with the wheels, suspension and god knows what else is far more of an encroachment on what BMW stands for than a badge thats just a different colour? I mean, telling the M Division that they got the suspension, wheels and whatever else wrong for your taste is surely a bigger statement than saying, "I prefer black to blue guys, sorry"?

Not that I'm against any modding. Each to their own says I.

Just my opinion.

I got some by the way, thanks. Cal, think I'll hit your site for one of those steering wheel spoke cover things. A tiny bit of mine (OEM) has peeled and its driving me mad.

VW Tiguan 4x4
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #9
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

"Seen as the badge is meant to represent propellor blades cutting through the blue sky"

This is an incorrect common mistake. They are not Blades cutting through the sky. That missconception came from a marketing pamphlet well after the BMW logo. Its directly from two companies logos merging. I think there is even a video on here about the true origins of the logo.

I do agree also that it is one thing I wont change on the car. But hey, I say go for what ever you like. You are the one who drives the car and looks at it most often.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post
"Seen as the badge is meant to represent propellor blades cutting through the blue sky"

This is an incorrect common mistake. They are not Blades cutting through the sky. That missconception came from a marketing pamphlet well after the BMW logo. Its directly from two companies logos merging. I think there is even a video on here about the true origins of the logo.

I do agree also that it is one thing I wont change on the car. But hey, I say go for what ever you like. You are the one who drives the car and looks at it most often.
True origins of the logo is they represent the colors of the Bavarian flag IIRC.

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #11
E92M3Guy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E92 M3

http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/06/06/vi...ogo-explained/

Origin of the badge has nothing to do with the propeller.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
Leg
Captain
Rep

Actually guys you will note, if you re read my statement, that I said it is meant to "represent a propellor". I didnt state that it was the origin. That description was supposedly (depends who you ask and what you read, as demonstrated, you can find a link to any old shite on the net) adopted some 12 years after the logo was created. In fact as Cal points out, it was based on the Bavarian flag. The badge, with that original reason, originated from Rapp Moterenwerke, a company that preceded BMW.

But you trying making a joke about the English weather based on the Bavarian flag and Rapp Moterenwerke stuff, nigh on impossible.

Of course, who gives a shit. I want zero colour on my car and as it's my car and not BMWs anymore (unless they want to refund me £56,000 which I'll happily take) I dont care if the badge represents Hitler's lawnmower, Im still having carbon ones.

Forgive me for not buying into the heritage thing, I'm English, we think things have to be old before they warrant such words. ;-)

VW Tiguan 4x4

Last edited by Leg; 07-18-2010 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #13
Dengel
Non-Guido Jersey Resident
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow Jeep Rubicon

Quote:

I dont change the M colors or the emblems. Its sacrilegious to change them IMHO. plus the contrast of a little bit of blue against all the white and black looks great.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #14
Leg
Captain
Rep

Lol

VW Tiguan 4x4
Appreciate 0