BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #45
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong1989 View Post

wow, those nsx sounds amazing for a 6cyl.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #46
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
I must be in the minority because the Zonda R sounds ok, but not even close to the best. Too much generic noise.
ditto, zonda r doesn't sound that great to me. sound kinda broken like the straight pipe cgt. not the pleasant kind of sound for a street car. you gonna be deaf in no time.

i think for street car, stock LFA, stock cgt, 599 gto are best.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #47
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
How could I forget?

skip to 0:28
sound OK. not big fan IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #48
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I am partial to the V10 sound for obvious reasons. I think the LFA is massively overpriced but there is no denying that it sounds amazing. And of course the Carrera GT sound is a classic.

For ultimate sound on a street car though I would have to say the Zonda F is right up there.

For ultimate sound on a race car (besides F1) I would have to go with the Aston Martin LMP or the Zonda R.

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #49
graider
Colonel
Rep

for American sound, I like this one the most.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #50
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
But in the real world, you would have to go far to beat a K20 or a B18C6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
sound OK. not big fan IMO.

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #51
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I am partial to the V10 sound for obvious reasons. I think the LFA is massively overpriced but there is no denying that it sounds amazing. And of course the Carrera GT sound is a classic.

For ultimate sound on a street car though I would have to say the Zonda F is right up there.

For ultimate sound on a race car (besides F1) I would have to go with the Aston Martin LMP or the Zonda R.

for race car, i haven't heard of anything that is better than this beast.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #52
PsychoSlug
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

As someone mentioned, exhaust sound is purely subjective. I think the Ford GT sounds like good old fashioned American muscle. The Lexus sounds like a tweaked sewing machine.

Maserati and Aston Martin have some of the best stock exhausts out there. Love that sound.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #53
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
That is because you don't really understand exactly what has gone into the car. There is no other supercar that mixes up high-tech engineering, lightweight technology, pure driver oriented dynamics down to the stiffest carbon fiber chassis in the business and luxury all in one package like the LFA. It has no direct competitors since no other car has so many things in one car.

That F1 racing car deriver V10 alone has beat out all the European supercars for the "best engine of the year".

The sound of that V10 is pretty much one of the best in any mainstream supercar out today and there are very few who disagree. It is like complete orchestra symphony. Lexus/Yamaha wanted to make sure it is hair raising.

Only the people who actually have driven it and it has earned nothing, but rave reviews around the track outperforming most of the other cars in its price category or cheaper such as, the Ferrari 599 GTB with HGTE, LP570-4, ZR-1, Turbo S, GTR, SLS AMG etc. in direct comparisons.

From Evo UK ???

Quote:

There is nothing in the world like the Lexus LFA. It is more special and intriguing than the 458 and demonstrates an extraordinary level of passion and commitment. Bespoke and limited edition, it is also a genuine supercar that can scare the pants off you. This is mainly thanks to it's extraordinary 552bhp 4.8-litre V10 that does everything a Carrera GT's does and then goes completely mad as it closes in on 9500rpm. Its uncompromising ride adds to the challenge, and it was generally agreed that it would have been a bit of a handful up on the moors,
but we were beguiled. "It's a beautiful thing, all the details, and it has the integrity and functionality of a Lexus. Feels like a step up from everything else here," said Meaden. "Very, very special," said Metcalfe. Thank you, Lexus.

Quote:

"There is nothing out there that has felt this special since the Macca F1", says Chris Harris. "Too bad it has to go before it could be compared on the track with the best of the rest".

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-21-2011 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #54
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Relax, sister.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #55
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

LFA has the best sounding exhaust (stock or otherwise) period
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #56
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Why is it that whenever the LF-A is even mentioned, novel-length posts appear that defend it's stupidly expensive price tag? Nobody cares.
      01-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #57
graider
Colonel
Rep

^^there are lot of legit people that care/love this car.

this from evo/chris harris pretty much sum it up on the LFA. evo is a legit mag and chris harris even say nothing out there that feel special as the mclaren f1, except the LFA, not even 599 gto, carrera gt, enzo. so haters should stop complain about the price or 9 seconds straight line slip, aight? i will quote it again because i'm totally convinced after reading all the positive reviews.

"There is nothing in the world like the Lexus LFA. It is more special and intriguing than the 458 and demonstrates an extraordinary level of passion and commitment. Bespoke and limited edition, it is also a genuine supercar that can scare the pants off you. This is mainly thanks to it's extraordinary 552bhp 4.8-litre V10 that does everything a Carrera GT's does and then goes completely mad as it closes in on 9500rpm. Its uncompromising ride adds to the challenge, and it was generally agreed that it would have been a bit of a handful up on the moors,
but we were beguiled. "It's a beautiful thing, all the details, and it has the integrity and functionality of a Lexus. Feels like a step up from everything else here," said Meaden. "Very, very special," said Metcalfe. Thank you, Lexus.

Quote:

"There is nothing out there that has felt this special since the Macca F1", says Chris Harris. "Too bad it has to go before it could be compared on the track with the best of the rest".

Last edited by graider; 01-21-2011 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #58
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Thanks. Exactly.

All the open minded and true car enthusiasts appreciate a great car no matter where it comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
^^there are lot of legit people that care/love this car.

this from evo/chris harris pretty much sum it up on the LFA. evo is a legit mag and chris harris even say nothing out there that feel special as the mclaren f1, except the LFA, not even 599 gto, carrera gt, enzo. so haters should stop complain about the price or 9 seconds straight line slip, aight? i will quote it again because i'm totally convinced after reading all the positive reviews.

"There is nothing in the world like the Lexus LFA. It is more special and intriguing than the 458 and demonstrates an extraordinary level of passion and commitment. Bespoke and limited edition, it is also a genuine supercar that can scare the pants off you. This is mainly thanks to it's extraordinary 552bhp 4.8-litre V10 that does everything a Carrera GT's does and then goes completely mad as it closes in on 9500rpm. Its uncompromising ride adds to the challenge, and it was generally agreed that it would have been a bit of a handful up on the moors,

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #59
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

I love the LFA. Wish it wasn't so expensive but then it wouldn't be so special....
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #60
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel91 View Post
Sure you're not confusing the sound of straight gears with the sound of the exhaust? The mechanical bee noise is typically associated with that, not N/A V12s.

Definitely not mixing it up with straight cut gears brah.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #61
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Why is it that whenever the LF-A is even mentioned, novel-length posts appear that defend it's stupidly expensive price tag? Nobody cares.
So true lol. I've actually grown to really like that car, but the pricetag is still ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #62
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Apparently very, very subjective.
A K20 Si starts at $21,000. This is real, NA performance from a universally acclaimed, robust (and soulful) engine at not very much money. If you have a car that you feel is just as good or even gets close at that bracket, show it.

About the B18, i can only imagine that you dont know much of it. It is a legendary engine and a true bargain. Each engine was hand finished by only the best Honda technicians before it went into the DC2 Integra Type-R.

All this is before you tune them.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #63
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Apparently, to the 500 actual buyers dishing out the cash the LFAs, it is not. Like economics say "consumer will pay what the market will bare". It is no one's business, but the buyers spending the cash that determine "fair market price".

I have never heard anyone here calling a $1.1 million dollar Zonda R, $1 million dollar carbon fiber Enzo Ferrari, $1.1 Million Veyron, $440,000 Ferrari 599 GTB HGTE or a $500 carbon fiber Porsche Carrera GT overpriced.

Yet, despite all the expensive engineering innovations (including new patents for technologies such as, inventing a complete new process to weave carbon fiber and machines that will be used to mass produce carbon fiber), capabilities, accolades and every luxury imaginable standard, a $375,000 Lexus LFA that is completely bespoke and shares nothing with anything else is singled out as "overpriced".

That is where the double-standards come into play that I am talking about and would have still been deemed overprice even if it was priced at $170,000 since it still would be challenging the status quo and Lexus should not be doing that.

Quote:
So true lol. I've actually grown to really like that car, but the pricetag is still ridiculous.

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 01-21-2011 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #64
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Ford GT sounds like trash? WTF?

Here's that TT GT on the 1/4 mile.

And this one

And if you wanna talk V12s....

01-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #65
tarheel91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ESS Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Definitely not mixing it up with straight cut gears brah.
So you're telling me the DBS earlier sounds like angry bees?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #66
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
A K20 Si starts at $21,000. This is real, NA performance from a universally acclaimed, robust (and soulful) engine at not very much money. If you have a car that you feel is just as good or even gets close at that bracket, show it.

About the B18, i can only imagine that you dont know much of it. It is a legendary engine and a true bargain. Each engine was hand finished by only the best Honda technicians before it went into the DC2 Integra Type-R.

All this is before you tune them.

so your backing up your opinion on a car sounding good by saying it is cheap...
Appreciate 0