BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM
Closed Thread

09-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

I'll attest to the G35/7 a**holes, I'm not sure why when you drive that particular car you've all of a sudden become a complete cunt.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #24
nujabes24
Forever Rest In Beats
Rep
Drives: 2014 MW M4

Idk G37 drivers give the G35 drivers a run for their money. Until you encounter the rare G37S driver, now that gentleman is the ultimate douchebaggery machine.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

Some people are just tools. Sounds like you handled it well.

Cheers

PS: I owned a G35 sedan, great car and no particular issues with other drivers.

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #26
enigma01
Fight On!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3; g30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by killadelphiaM3 View Post
Side note.........Why is it that guys in Infinity G's and Lexus IS's think their cars are performance cars?? Even their, type s or r spec cars aren't performance cars. Out of all the cars on the road these two types of cars are the one's I seem to always run into trouble with. I've had a bunch of guys in IS250's, some IS350's, try to race me or egg me on to try to race, usually roll the window down if I can and tell them it's not even worth my time unless they got a Supercharger and a 200 shot of NOS. I'm all for people enjoying their cars, modifying them and racing them. And it really doesn't matter what you have and can afford as long as you have fun, but why try to race people when you DON'T have a performance car? That would be like me pulling up in my M and asking a guy with an 2001 Mustang V6 if he wants to race, it's not gonna, nor should it, ever happen. Don't even get me started on the IS-F owners, those guys are straight salty. But I guess I would be too if I over-paid for a Toyota with a Yamaha engine and fake quad exhaust.
The guy in the Infiniti is a douche of a great magnitude, but you're not that much behind him with your douche comments of your own.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #27
atopa2002
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3M, 2013 e92 M3, F15 X5

ext time just down shift and give it a WOT.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #28
JustMpwrd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
I had a G35 coupe for several years. It was the best and sportiest car I could afford at the time, and I enjoyed it. In fact, I only got the M3 through a fortunate chain of circumstances. Never raced or revved anyone, and I always respected and appreciated other cars.

I can't speak to the guy who owns my car now, though . And I won't comment on the dude in a turbo diesel pickup one time who tried so hard to get me to race.

The cars people drive is just one manifestation of the douchebaggery. And there are douchebags (and douchebaggets) in every kind of car.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #29
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMpwrd View Post
I had a G35 coupe for several years. It was the best and sportiest car I could afford at the time, and I enjoyed it. In fact, I only got the M3 through a fortunate chain of circumstances. Never raced or revved anyone, and I always respected and appreciated other cars.

I can't speak to the guy who owns my car now, though . And I won't comment on the dude in a turbo diesel pickup one time who tried so hard to get me to race.

The cars people drive is just one manifestation of the douchebaggery. And there are douchebags (and douchebaggets) in every kind of car.
I hear you, I used to drive a 350z when I was ~21, was the best thing I could afford at the time, nothing wrong with that. I think all the G35/7 hating is kinda funny only because I've never personally had to deal with one of them, and also because my mom has one, drove it for a week when I went up to visit them recently in NY. I had read a bunch of these threads before so I was really looking for an M3 on the road to harrass just to give him a good story Unfortunately I never came across one haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #30
Cool Steel
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ZCP DCT

First of all you have to understand in the American performance car world everyone hates M3 and BMW drivers. Why? because they are jerks ....and now its fact: LOL

http://articles.wsbt.com/2013-08-15/bmw-owners_41416028

Why do things happen like the OP Mentioned??? I think it is perception some wrong some right.

I come from the Vette, GTO, and Dodge performance world and over there they hate M3 drivers. I fell in love with the car from a pure performance stand point. I don't care what the perception is regarding what it symbolizes.

However, here is the perception that follows the BMW driver around - that I have listened to for over 20 years on other forums :

Rich jerks, who talk performance however they have never changed a part in their car themselves, they may modify but they have someone do it for them -and they couldn't do it themselves. Rich boys, mommy and daddy paid for the car, mommy and daddy paid for college education, mommy and daddy got them the job, show offs, wanna be racers. Followers who want to fit in. etc etc etc.

After coming on this forum.. I have found that this is only half true. There are allot of people who don't fall into that category but there are unfortunately allot who do....

Lets face it, we have a thread on what kind of watch you wear and a bunch of jerks thinking they are awesome because they wear a 1k watch. We argue about DCT vs MT ALL the time and I now defend the DCT all the time because all the MT drivers are constantly putting down the DCT owners...and a host of other stupid things....

Yea, some BMW M3 owners are simply jerks....that's why the g35 may have been fuggin with you...

Newly placed disclaimer:
Disclaimer:
This is simply an observation on what I have experienced in the past. The opinion of other forums and car owners is not necessarily mine. I was only sharing my past experience. Attacking me will not change the opinion of other forums or performance car groups. This was simply a possible explanation for why the G35 was acting like a douche. I am not defending the G35 owner he is an ass hat. This post was done to hopefully help all my fellow jerk BMW owners by shedding some light on the perception that follows us.

If you hate the M3 it is only because you can not afford it ....or you have never driven one.

Last edited by Cool Steel; 09-05-2013 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #31
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep

Ultimate BMW Road Rage Revenge

Shout out to Snig for posting the original guido video above, as this was linked after it. This is exactly what I mean when I say everyone should have a CWP to deal with the idiots in life

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3360a5ffed
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #32
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Steel View Post
First of all you have to understand in the American performance car world everyone hates M3 and BMW drivers. Why? because they are jerks ....and now its fact: LOL

Why do things happen like the OP Mentioned??? I think it is perception some wrong some right.

I come from the Vette, GTO, and Dodge world and over there they hate M3 drivers. I fell in love with the car from a pure performance stand point. I don't care what it symbolizes.

Here is the perception that follows the BMW driver around that I have listened to for over 20 years on other forums :

Rich jerks, who talk performance however they have never changed a part in their car themselves, they may modify but they have someone do it for them -and they couldn't do it themselves. Rich boys, mommy and daddy paid for the car, mommy and daddy paid for college education, mommy and daddy got them the job, show offs, wanna be racers. Followers who want to fit in. etc etc etc.

After coming on this forum.. I have found that this is only half true. There are allot of people who don't fall into that category but there are unfortunately allot who do....

Lets face it, we have a thread on what kind of watch you wear and a bunch of jerks thinking they are awesome because they wear a 1k watch. We argue about DCT vs MT all the time and a host of other stupid things....

Yea, some BMW M3 owners are simply jerks....that's why the g35 was fuggin with you...
...^ eh, seems like your sig portrays a bit of brand snobbery, n'est pas?

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #33
Cool Steel
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper519 View Post
...^ eh, seems like your sig portrays a bit of brand snobbery, n'est pas?
Yea, I am becoming a jerk its like a virus.

I should put a BMW jerk disclaimer on what I wrote before everyone attacks me:

Disclaimer:
This is simply an observation on what I have experienced in the past. The opinion of other forums and car owners is not necessarily mine. I was only sharing my past experience. Attacking me will not change the opinion of other forums or performance car groups. This was simply a possible explanation for why the G35 was acting like a douche. I am not defending the G35 owner he is an ass hat. This post was done to hopefully help all my fellow jerk BMW owners by shedding some light on the perception that follows us.

Last edited by Cool Steel; 09-05-2013 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #34
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
Shout out to Snig for posting the original guido video above, as this was linked after it. This is exactly what I mean when I say everyone should have a CWP to deal with the idiots in life

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3360a5ffed
The guy showed a lot of restraint ... dead end, middle of nowhere, quiet ... two people that wouldn't be missed.
      09-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #35
nujabes24
Forever Rest In Beats
Rep
Drives: 2014 MW M4

Quote:

I come from the Vette, GTO, and Dodge performance world and over there they hate M3 drivers. I fell in love with the car from a pure performance stand point. I don't care what the perception is regarding what it symbolizes.

However, here is the perception that follows the BMW driver around - that I have listened to for over 20 years on other forums :

Lets face it, we have a thread on what kind of watch you wear and a bunch of jerks thinking they are awesome because they wear a 1k watch. We argue about DCT vs MT ALL the time and I now defend the DCT all the time because all the MT drivers are constantly putting down the DCT owners...and a host of other stupid things....

Yea, some BMW M3 owners are simply jerks....that's why the g35 was fuggin with you...get used to it.

I like this guy
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #36
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
The guy showed a lot of restraint ... dead end, middle of nowhere, quiet ... two people that wouldn't be missed.
I think the humiliation is the best revenge. Plus, having the tape gives him irrefutable proof that he was OK to draw his firearm, if it ever came back to him.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #37
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

Quote:

Yea, some BMW M3 owners are simply jerks....that's why the g35 may have been fuggin with you...

Newly placed disclaimer:
Disclaimer:

If you hate the M3 it is only because you can not afford it ....or you have never driven one.
1k watch???? this isnt a inifnity forum....10K+ here on M3post
      09-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #38
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I have a hard time believing you find fault with any of that, given your signature. You make it sound like BMW drivers are jerks...because they can afford a BMW, yet isn't that what your signature explicitly describes? Nice watch? Must be a jerk.

Do you support the 99%?

We can be 'jerks' all we want, know why? We're the ones winning at life.

We're driving $70k cars, spending $20k in mods like it's nothing (maybe even having our butlers at ESS install them...), all while sporting a $10k watch. Nothing wrong with that, and if people have to call us jerks for it, tell them they better get back to work and maybe someday they can have it too
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #39
cambit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 COUPE

too long ,didn't read. I just want to know, did you make your left turn or what?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #40
///McRae
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Infiniti drivers, especially G35/G37, are the pits. Always got something to prove; it's called an inferiority complex.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #41
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
I think the humiliation is the best revenge. Plus, having the tape gives him irrefutable proof that he was OK to draw his firearm, if it ever came back to him.
You make the assumption these pig fuckers can spell "humiliation" ... heeu-mill-ee-ay-shun.
      09-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #42
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
OP, not worth getting upset over it. Some people just never learn, and never grow up. One day his ego will meet its match.

Last edited by positiveions; 09-05-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #43
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Relevant (video below):

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=c182b056cbc7

Guy in the Merc (filming) was driving an E63 AMG.
PRICELESS. I guess a video is worth a million words !!!!
      09-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #44
JVP13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
OP, not worth getting upset over it. Some people just never learn, and never grown up. One day his ego will meet its match.
I hear you. It was just one of those things where my day kinda started off shitty and I had no clue what the guys problem was. You definitely encounter those types on the road and it sucks most of the time. Probably ranted on longer than I should've but posted it when it was still bothering me.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread