BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

BPM

01-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

FORGE Wheels - Australian company offering quality custom forged wheels

https://www.facebook.com/FORGEWheels

First up, I have no affiliation with these guys, I was just speaking to their marketing manager earlier and he mentioned they are looking at producing a wider, 20" version of the M3 GTS/Competition package wheel as part of their OEM+ range.

Specs would be 20x9.5" front and 20x10.5" rear with a deep concave and an offset to fill the guards without the need for spacers.

They won't be cheap obviously, ($5000+ for a set) but they will be very high quality, light and VERY sexy. They will even have the ///M logo etched into the wheel and BMW centre caps if you wanted.

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty excited when I heard about this. I love the look of the comp package wheels. They are gonna look that much better again 1/2 an inch wider.

What do you guys reckon? Worth the $ in your opinion? Anyone know how much the std comp package wheels are on their own?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #2
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
These look very nice. MFKN3 bought some BBS CH-R Black editions and recommended the supplier. On his recommendation I also bought a set and will putting out some more info and photos on both sets soon.
They came from Holland at a really good price and the business owner was extremely helpful and sent them freight free.

After a lot of research with the 20" wheels I found a real trap where some insurance companies could opt out of their responsibility. The load index on a 20" tyre is going to be below the tyre placard rating. On the front you need 93Y and on the rear 97Y. I could not find any 20" tyre above 90Y on the front in the more popular range.

This may in some cases void your insuracne depending on the insurer so it's worth checking very carefully first with your insurer. Some insurers may be OK with this but mine was not.
I bottled out and went for the 19"s and had them re coated by the supplier to remove any badge id so they look as close to OEM competition as possible. These are BBS CH-R 19" with 10.5" rears and 9" fronts.
They look really good, (I think) and here is a quick video, with more to come soon. Tyres are 295x30x19 Michelin PS2s rear and 245x35x19 front.

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

Yeah I like the idea of 19's too but then I figure the 20" tyres are probably cheaper.

Do you mind telling me how much the BBS's were for comparison. They look great by the way.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #4
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Thumbs up

Info@baanvelgen.com
If you email Hendrik you will find him most helpful
Price is extremely competitive
Appreciate 0