BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

11-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #199
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbahnz View Post
anyone click on her profile?
WOW!! I didn't realize how experienced she was in the BMW's tuning and driving department. I feel so silly now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Croft
just got my 2010 650 Dinan with the Stage 3 software, hight throle body and mass air flilter that suppose tto add 28HP and 25ph of torque to the higher end @ 390 HP with 285pds Torquie. Dinan rep had stated this will increase HP and TRQE the low end all accross the gears points while even in sport mode. Talking from expierence the gains should shown in manaual while red kibing each gear from 3 tough 7.. I have NOT notcile an gains in Soprt Automtatic as of yet and had not had the room to Red Line each ger to 7000 RPM to capitakize on the break points required to reap te benifit of 28 HP and 25 Torqe @ 7000 RPM... The verfict is not out yet untill I can get out of traffic allocaing some spabe to redlline each ggear to see if $2800 in Dian will provide any noticable gain... The Denan dealter startied that there will be gain in both manual and sports.. So far no Sports mode gains in the bottom 4 shifts.................Will see tomorrow, hopefilly, if this was worth it @ all................Taryn ♥♥ I hope the gains are NOT notice only in manual......My 2010 650 has an sports atuo trans and not SMG or DC CLUICTH, so was not a canidate for the SLIP DIFF 3.45 that would have plaze 9/5% more Torqyue in the lower end dropping the shipft ponths donw in the lower gears amounting to 46 pounds of Torque..........This was what I had wanted but was undable....... Any ideas? I want to blast ine Dinaer rep on Tuesday
      11-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #200
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

11-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #201
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Croft View Post
just got my 2010 650 Dinan with the Stage 3 software, hight throle body and mass air flilter that suppose tto add 28HP and 25ph of torque to the higher end @ 390 HP with 285pds Torquie. Dinan rep had stated this will increase HP and TRQE the low end all accross the gears points while even in sport mode. Talking from expierence the gains should shown in manaual while red kibing each gear from 3 tough 7.. I have NOT notcile an gains in Soprt Automtatic as of yet and had not had the room to Red Line each ger to 7000 RPM to capitakize on the break points required to reap te benifit of 28 HP and 25 Torqe @ 7000 RPM... The verfict is not out yet untill I can get out of traffic allocaing some spabe to redlline each ggear to see if $2800 in Dian will provide any noticable gain... The Denan dealter startied that there will be gain in both manual and sports.. So far no Sports mode gains in the bottom 4 shifts.................Will see tomorrow, hopefilly, if this was worth it @ all................Taryn ♥♥ I hope the gains are NOT notice only in manual......My 2010 650 has an sports atuo trans and not SMG or DC CLUICTH, so was not a canidate for the SLIP DIFF 3.45 that would have plaze 9/5% more Torqyue in the lower end dropping the shipft ponths donw in the lower gears amounting to 46 pounds of Torque..........This was what I had wanted but was undable....... Any ideas? I want to blast ine Dinaer rep on Tuesday.
No comprendo
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #202
Casca
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT

Since I started driving my BMW, I now use my turn signal as an indication of what I just did. That is right motherfucker, I just changed lanes in front of you, beginning the lane change and then hitting the turn signal.

I have found, that 7 out of 10 times, if I signaled first, they would speed up to block me from changing lanes.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 03:20 AM   #203
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca View Post
Since I started driving my BMW, I now use my turn signal as an indication of what I just did. That is right motherfucker, I just changed lanes in front of you, beginning the lane change and then hitting the turn signal.

I have found, that 7 out of 10 times, if I signaled first, they would speed up to block me from changing lanes.
LOL idem dito overhere

@Lara , congrats with your 428 and welcome here.
And more postinhs pleaes

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #204
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca

I HATE when people do this...!

11-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #205
Aries326
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca

Lol... You should be using your turn signal regardless what car you drive.

Anyway, for awhile there, I was apparently cutting people off. Driving in the Philippines, you can change lanes anytime you want and unless you forced someone off the road or came close to hitting them, that's not cutting them off. Let's just say I got into that habit when I got back to the US. Even if I change lane with at least one car length in distance, people still get mad. Now I try to maximize distance before changing lanes.

I know what you mean though about people try to speed up and not let you get in. Fortunately, you're in a BMW and not too many cars can keep up. Although, this is rapidly changing.
      11-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #206
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
WOW!! I didn't realize how experienced she was in the BMW's tuning and driving department. I feel so silly now....
I think we all clearly underestimated her vast amount of knowledge.

Quote:
just got my 2010 650 Dinan with the Stage 3 software, hight throle body and mass air flilter that suppose tto add 28HP and 25ph of torque to the higher end @ 390 HP with 285pds Torquie. Dinan rep had stated this will increase HP and TRQE the low end all accross the gears points while even in sport mode. Talking from expierence the gains should shown in manaual while red kibing each gear from 3 tough 7.. I have NOT notcile an gains in Soprt Automtatic as of yet and had not had the room to Red Line each ger to 7000 RPM to capitakize on the break points required to reap te benifit of 28 HP and 25 Torqe @ 7000 RPM... The verfict is not out yet untill I can get out of traffic allocaing some spabe to redlline each ggear to see if $2800 in Dian will provide any noticable gain... The Denan dealter startied that there will be gain in both manual and sports.. So far no Sports mode gains in the bottom 4 shifts.................Will see tomorrow, hopefilly, if this was worth it @ all................Taryn ♥♥ I hope the gains are NOT notice only in manual......My 2010 650 has an sports atuo trans and not SMG or DC CLUICTH, so was not a canidate for the SLIP DIFF 3.45 that would have plaze 9/5% more Torqyue in the lower end dropping the shipft ponths donw in the lower gears amounting to 46 pounds of Torque..........This was what I had wanted but was undable....... Any ideas? I want to blast ine Dinaer rep on Tuesday
Oh... My.... God...

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. How have we all been so blind this whole time?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #207
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
WTF is undable, and a Dinaer rep?
      11-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #208
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
WTF is undable, and a Dinaer rep?
Dinan, Dian, Denan, Dinear. They are all the same, duh!! haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #209
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

I'm sorry Lara.

In my defense though, my initial post of "2007.... really?" was a very, very benign post for the OT in regards to a 6 year old thread resurrection.

I chose to stand my ground when you came out swinging. In FL this is cut and dry self defense.

In the BMW's OT, my act of self defense at least provides a little entertainment for the poor souls who didn't realize they were clicking on a decomposing thread.
      11-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #210
Lara Croft
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i xdrive (F32)

Garage List
2010 650I Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
I think you made her cry
Jerk

A idea that is developed put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea
Taryn
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #211
Lara Croft
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 650I Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I'm sorry Lara.

In my defense though, my initial post of "2007.... really?" was a very, very benign post for the OT in regards to a 6 year old thread resurrection.

I chose to stand my ground when you came out swinging. In FL this is cut and dry self defense.

In the BMW's OT, my act of self defense at least provides a little entertainment for the poor souls who didn't realize they were clicking on a decomposing thread.
That was very sweet of you to take the time to re-post one of my posts to entertain the other male chauvinist pigs. And I never came out swinging, sorry you were threatened

Noted: I will stay out of the OT nonsense, this thread came up though a search engine query, didn't look at the date or if it was under OT. I am sure all the intellectuals in here never committed such a crime

Forgive me, you have your OT circus back

A idea that is developed put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea
Taryn
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #212
Lara Croft
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 650I Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
LOL idem dito overhere

@Lara , congrats with your 428 and welcome here.
And more postinhs pleaes

Cheers
Robin

Taryn
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #213
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
That was very sweet of you to take the time to re-post one of my posts to entertain the other male chauvinist pigs.
It is my humble opinion that those who are concerned about drawing negative attention for being a female on a forum of "male chauvinist pigs" should avoid using rather feminine usernames and avatars and posting pictures of themselves, but perhaps that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #214
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Imho, Besides their m series, BMW is overrated.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #215
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca View Post

Yeah but 9 out of 10 times when they speed up, you can usually still change lanes anyway if you just slow down slightly or at least let off the accelerator.

Some people speed up, some people slow down, but in almost all cases if you have your turn signal on you'll be able to change lanes eventually. And, as long as you're making the lane change sufficiently before your exit off a freeway (for example) this shouldn't really be a problem.

I find that there are a lot of big egos on the road. Some people don't want you to change lanes in front of them but who cares? You should always be the bigger man and let them pass by once you initiate your turn signal.

Think about it this way - you can then pace them and essentially use them as a human radar detector . That's how I think of it anyways. "You want to blast ahead first at 80 in a 60? Fine. I'll follow far behind at 75-80 resting easy knowing that if a cop is up ahead you'll be the one pulled over "
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #216
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

And for those of you with radar detectors installed, I guess you can think of the person as a human LIDAR detector then.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #217
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
That was very sweet of you to take the time to re-post one of my posts to entertain the other male chauvinist pigs. And I never came out swinging, sorry you were threatened

Noted: I will stay out of the OT nonsense, this thread came up though a search engine query, didn't look at the date or if it was under OT. I am sure all the intellectuals in here never committed such a crime

Forgive me, you have your OT circus back
I take offense to being called a chauvinist pig.

It has nothing to do with you being a female, and everything to do with the fact your spelling is worse than a pre-schooler.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
      11-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #218
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Honestly who cares what people think about your BMW.

I get compliments all the time and I know we are at the middle of the food chain of automobiles. Actually BMW is considered middle class for Americans. While Aston Martin is considered upper middle class.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #219
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Nobody pays any attention to what you drive unless you cut them off. That's why for every car manufacturer you can find e-stories about "MFer in a goddamn toyota/BMW/subaru/lexus/etc. almost hit me" and there are never any "wow that ______ driver was just so courteous and considerate!"

My first job was in customer support and they taught me that while feedback is important, people only really like to complain.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #220
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Honestly who cares what people think about your BMW.

I get compliments all the time and I know we are at the middle of the food chain of automobiles. Actually BMW is considered middle class for Americans. While Aston Martin is considered upper middle class.
Brother, WHERE DO YOU LIVE? BMW is considered middle class, and Aston Martin is considered upper middle class?

I've moved around the country a fair amount (never lived actually inside any big cities admittedly), and I have NEVER seen cars appraised this way. BMWs are considered upper class, and Aston Martins are considered unattainable "super-rich" vehicles.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread