BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

10-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #23
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boother View Post
My statement is out of line!?? How? Heaven forbid I have an opinion. Im 100% fine with my masculinity lol. I just personally think white cars are feminine, is there a problem with me thinking that? I don't care if its a lambo or a ferrari, if it's white then its very feminine IMO. GT team, again my opinion. They can and do have their own.

The thread was started by the OP in reference to colors and also referenced gay men. I never referenced a gay man, I just said it was feminine. If you want to say someone was out of line, don't point fingers at me my friend.

sorry I had too

your opinion is what's out of line. it insults every straight male owner of a white car on this forum including myself. since you don't seem to have common sense, do us all a favor and keep your opinions to yourself.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #24
boother
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 jerez black m3 coupe

Your kidding right? Your insulted because some guy on a forum you have never met thinks white cars are feminine? Get over it. Did I say white cars are for gay guys? NO, I said I thought it was feminine. Forums are here for opinions among other things.

Enjoy your white car, if you like it thats all that matters. Stop your crying.
MODS: Gintani Pulley, Gintani catless xpipe, Gintani Sport exhaust, Gintani tune (OE tuning), Macht Snell Filter, RPI scoops, black kidney grills, blacked out side markers with tinted turn signal, front reflector delete, aib's (soon to be LUX).
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #25
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Your kidding right? Your insulted because some guy on a forum you have never met thinks white cars are feminine? Get over it. Did I say white cars are for gay guys? Or did I say It was feminine? Forums are here for opinions among other things.

Enjoy your white car, if you like it thats all that matters.

Do you think calling a guy's car feminine is not insulting? If you don't, then you don't have the IQ necessary to even bother continuing this conversation with you. Don't hide behind "forums are here for opinions" as your defense. Its usually opinions, not facts, that are insulting. The forum wasn't designed for you to stand on a podium and insult a significant portion of its subscribership with your "opinion." Just get over it and either apologize, or disappear into obscurity for a while.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #26
boother
Private First Class
Rep

Im not going to apologize or disappear for an opinion. It's not my fault your extremely offended by an opinion. Just drive your car and enjoy it. Who gives a f*ck what I think. Your a grown man, and entitled to your opinion. Im sure your thinking I am an a total as* for saying I think white is feminine, but I choose not to care about what you think of me. That's the difference between you and I.
MODS: Gintani Pulley, Gintani catless xpipe, Gintani Sport exhaust, Gintani tune (OE tuning), Macht Snell Filter, RPI scoops, black kidney grills, blacked out side markers with tinted turn signal, front reflector delete, aib's (soon to be LUX).
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #27
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
First, more white M3's have been sold here in the US than any other color. Second, white shows off the lines of any car the best, since it reflects all wavelengths of light. So don't be surprised if a lot of guys prefer white. Your statement is pretty out of line.

And like RadiantM3 said, the GT team didn't seem to have a problem with white. I wonder why that is.

- esquire
No opinion on the matter of girly/manly ect.

I would say they chose white for that car because it shows off the DECAL's on the car the best. Without changing graphics/messing with branding colors, it gives the best contrast to the adverts. Just my .02
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #28
boother
Private First Class
Rep

I agree
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #29
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
well i never knew i was gay till now
bummer
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #30
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #31
boother
Private First Class
Rep

well according to esquire my opinion matters very much, so I will say that red is awesome! Your good lol
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #32
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
funny...I always look at white cars as a chick car. I chuckle when I see men driving white cars.
I always look at black cars as a color for guys trying to compensate for something they are lacking

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion but you should recognize you are in the vast minority with that opinion. To me, color does not equate to "chick" car. And, if it so happens that women like white cars better (in your view) then they will invariably be drawn to white M3s and their male drivers. So... white M3 brings lots of attention from the ladies... black M3 brings lots of attention from the men... you decide who you want to take in your car for a ride

Bottom line though is that this is a dumb discussion...
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #33
chili cheese
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 Corvette Z06

Oh no, the guy with a Black/Purple car thinks white is feminine.

There is a reason why there are so many white M3s on the road and why BMW used the same color for their brochures, videos, racing team, etc. White looks particularly good for this generation M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #34
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

The red ones are the fastest
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #35
boother
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili cheese View Post
Oh no, the guy with a Black/Purple car thinks white is feminine.

There is a reason why there are so many white M3s on the road and why BMW used the same color for their brochures, videos, racing team, etc. White looks particularly good for this generation M3.
Finally someone with the same attitude as me

oh and BTW its black/blue

Can we not start the whole bmw picked white as the poster m3 color argument again....we all get that. white is just imo simple as that. Does look good in magazine layouts though.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #36
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

what happened to freedom of speech...boother is entitled to his opinion....

I got that a lot, white=feminine.....but I'm still pretty secure about my color choice...which is AW.

I agree though...black out wheels on AW is fugly...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #37
boother
Private First Class
Rep

Exactly, and at the end of the day we are the ones that have to like our color, not anyone else. If you like white, black, pink, blue whatever....more power to you. Plus its still an M3, which is what really matters.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #38
ABSAUTOBODY
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: car

sorry i'm just gonna comment about the whole white/black color i do agree that black is a masculine color for a car but i still chose white because it was my personal choice. The reason why i didnt choose black because i dont like seeing the water stains after the rain. I dont even have the time to keep a black car clean all the time and on top of that trust me you're not the only one that says white cars are for girls a lot of people do agree with you, but at the end of the day i am happy with my 400+ hp car.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #39
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 AW E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gsr View Post
The red ones are the fastest
LMAO ,I knew the white was gonna be slower then red but now to think I have a torque less girlish car.

Well lets not leave the ILB guys out of this they have purplish cars :-) and they beloved its blue :-).

Not that I really care that much but that feminine comment was a smuck comment no matter what color I was getting.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #40
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

red is a nice color, but it's a bit too loud..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #41
White Shark
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 Civic (Non-ZCP)

M3 = masculine + feminine

Last edited by White Shark; 10-05-2010 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #42
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

My gay red car...

To be honest I think the whole thread is kind of funny. Oh, my gay wife and 2 gay kids love my red "savage" with the best lisp I can muster.

For someone to be offended by someone who thinks their color of car is feminine must have some really thin skin. Thats the only good thing about getting older...you don't let trivial shit like this bother you anymore.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #43
Zeus69
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

All this talk about black/white... I'm waiting for someone to accuse boother of reverse racism
      10-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #44
boother
Private First Class
Rep

lol
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread