BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

10-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #89
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Yes, I believe Warren Buffett is also known as a lowballer.
      10-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #90
emthree4me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 e92

but the other half of the coin is that he sells high
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #91
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by emthree4me View Post
but the other half of the coin is that he sells high
I wonder if Warren gets insulted by people like you when he makes a lowball offer.
      10-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #92
emthree4me
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosh View Post
I wonder if Warren gets insulted by people like you when he makes a lowball offer.
actually he's smart enough not to offer to buy commodities at a much lower rate, when its not offered at that lower rate
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #93
warzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

For some reason, this forum attracts lots of lowballers. Is it because there are so many people who see the e9x M3 as the next step up the ladder in a car, but doesn't want to pay anything close to market price for them?

I'm on porsche forums and when people try to sell a car, pretty much everyone respects the sell and even try to help out - ie get a buyer for a seller. (at worst if the car is overpriced in the market, people would mention it but won't throw out a lowball number like done on this forum all the time)
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #94
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

I still dont understand how some of you take offense to "lowballing". When you buy a car from a dealership do you just walk in and pay what the sticker says or do you offer a lower price? Every buyer wants something for the cheapest price possible...just like every seller wants to sell it for the highest price possible. One person makes an offer and if the other doesnt like it they will either decline it or make a counteroffer. Really nothing more to it and no one should take offense to what one party offers.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #95
emthree4me
Private First Class
Rep

gatorfast you just dont get it

you are so dense... you dont have any stake in the matter

take your VW (Hitler's Revenge) and see if it cost as much as my alloys
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #96
///M Protocol
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
gatorfast you just dont get it

you are so dense... you dont have any stake in the matter since your VW (Hitler's Revenge) is only my alloy wheels in value
Wow...your statement shows that you are arrogant and cocky.

I hope you never sell your car because of your "elitist" view. the irony is that you are not that elite/rich since you are struggling for cash
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #97
emthree4me
Private First Class
Rep

I like it when someone just falls for it

lolz
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #98
///M Protocol
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I have news for you kid:

1) the worth of your car is based on what people is willing to pay for it. I don't care what KBB or edmunds say

2) Supply and demand. go back to school kid.

I will offer you $10,000 for your bimmer. Don't waste my time. Take it or leave it.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #99
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep

lol at this entire thread backfiring on emthree4me.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #100
emthree4me
Private First Class
Rep

ROFL

I love it!!!!

//Flash finally gave us the Rosetta's Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Flash View Post
I have news for you kid:

1) the worth of your car is based on what people is willing to pay for it. I don't care what KBB or edmunds say

2) Supply and demand. go back to school kid.

I will offer you $10,000 for your bimmer. Don't waste my time. Take it or leave it.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #101
///M Protocol
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
lol at this entire thread backfiring on emthree4me.
x1000 agree. he is such a douche bag and retards like him is what gives all BMW a bad name.

He is just upset that he is not "Recouping" all the money he spent on his bimmer. I guess he doesn't understand the concept of depreciation.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #102
warzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

gatorfast, lets take what you just wrote and break it down.

Quote:
When you buy a car from a dealership do you just walk in and pay what the sticker says or do you offer a lower price?
Yes, you put in a lower price, but that is the difference between a lowballer and someone who just wants a good deal. When asking for a lower price during a purchase, one normally would understand what is the cost of the item to buy and what is the lowest number a seller would sell it at. A lowballer just gives a price that is not just a realistic for the marketplace, its more like their 'wish' number. I don't see any lowballers on this forum, throwing a price that is anyway realistic or even a workable for starting a negotiation.

Quote:
Really nothing more to it and no one should take offense to what one party offers.
Here is one big peace of reality you don't seem to realize. When one tries to sell anything of a certain value, and then a 'buyer' puts a value that is way below market value; the seller will naturally be insulted.

Take this methophar. You plan on painting a house for a fee. You know that normally this sort of work would be paid $10.00/hr. You plan to work 8 hours (1 day). How would you feel if someone says they would pay only $2.00/hr for the work to be done? A fair and market value would be say $8.00/hr. But you just got a 'lowballer' price. A price that had no tie to what the market really is. But its someone who tells you what they value your time. How would you feel?

Now take this feeling and now put it on a public forum, where people all around can post to the public what they think your work (or car) is worth?

Do you get it?

Lowballers are bad cause:

1) they cause ill feelings for the sellers, especially on public forums

2) give prices that are beyond reason or reality of the marketplace - no matter what you say, no one is going to private sell a 09 e92, fully loaded and low miles for 45k or below. People who are truly buying that kind of car have stated that on this very thread what prices are going for, right now - and its not that low.

3) really hurts the marketplace because real buyers and sellers, people who are trying to understand the current market value of these cars are getting mis-information from lowballer pricing.

Ok, I'm on a crusade against lowballers, what can I say. I say be fair and respectful to people.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 05:55 AM   #103
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

I wish parabellum was here; at least two people would be on moderated status already.
      10-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #104
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by warzilla View Post
I say be fair and respectful to people.
So in reality, what your saying is that you disagree with the way in which the OP conducted himself as well? Good to see that most of us are on the same page.

An opening offer of $45k is not out of the question barring the obvious next step of negotiating a final price. However, the offer shouldn't even be taken with much weight in the first place since it came before the buyer even had a chance to see the car in person. It was just a 'feeler' number he tossed out.

As for emthree4me, apparently now he seems to be covering his blunder by baiting haters. However, he appears to be the only one on the inside of his jokes. I'd say this thread is done and should probably be locked.

My final statement on the matter is that selling a car shouldn't ever become personal. Its a business transaction. Anything beyond negotiation and inspection is simply self serving.
      10-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #105
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Agree with Ultimate's post. This thread is done, lock it. The OP is at fault and most everyone thinks so. End of story here.
      10-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #106
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep

Agree to disagree I guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #107
warzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

+1 with gatorfast, guess we just see differently here.

btw guys, just because I'm against lowballers mean I condone the OP's behavior here.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #108
emthree4me
Private First Class
Rep

Thks for seeing my point about lowballers .. I know some of my comeback comments can be rev'd down a bit.. <grin>

but then again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
Agree with Ultimate's post. This thread is done, lock it. The OP is at fault and most everyone thinks so. End of story here.
.. who's dying lips made these guys the Judge and Jury here... lol
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #109
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

I dont think you came off as a dick at all. In fact, I have seen more asshole responses from people on ebay about their cars you wouldnt believe.

I once asked a guy with a porsche for sale if he would negotiate the price by a fair amount. He responded with 3 paragraphs about how it was the BEST car ever made, it was rare, one of a kind, and id never drive anything like it. ... it was a 944 with a busted trans lol.
      10-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #110
///M Protocol
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:

.. who's dying lips made these guys the Judge and Jury here... lol
wow speechless. how old are you kid?
Appreciate 0