BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #45
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc

OK this might be getting a tad racist to say. If you understood this situation more maybe your inner Hitler wouldn't come out so quick. "Hate these people" is quite strong. "those rich people in China think they are the shit". Rich people every where in this world think they are the shit bro, if you can't see that then maybe you need to meet more rich people.

This situation you saw isn't what you would see normally. I can easily one up this one with a dozen crazier shit that happens regularly from the states (worldstar HH would be heaven), and you probably wouldn't hear anyone say "hey look at those crazy fucking americans with their guns and shit, no wonder they are they biggest target for terrorist activities. BTW, just FYI from what i read, the father and son both fell in love with the same KTV whore. Crashing their cars into each other was probably the safest resolution.

From just the replies on this thread, you seem to be extremely proud to be an american, I personally dont mind that as I am also extremely proud to be a Canadian but honestly you might want to chill on the racist remarks for any type of asians.
-1 :
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #46
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Because communist !
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #47
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
I think Russia take 1st place for worst and china a close second. And in Russia some times bad driving comes with an ass beating...lol
It really isn't as bad as the videos make out, I'm in Russia multiple times per year and have driven extensively around the country. I firmly believe the only reason why we see so many accidents on youtube is because a huge number of Russian drivers have video capture in their cars, unlike in the west where I have never see a car with a dash cam. BTW Ukraine is far far worse than Russia could ever be on it's worst day, I hate getting in a car in the Ukraine.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #48
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Over the years i did some business with Chinese and i witnessed some crazy stuff there. Dumping your truck's load on the car behind, this much crazy. However, i consider myself a better driver after driving in Shanghai and Guangzhou. You see you have to be super cautious when you are driving there. Check your nearby cars, look for possible pedestrians, analyzing your surrounding etc... In China, you get to know how to have an eye on the road ahead and checking out all the mirrors at the same time. I saw Hong Kong mentioned here and i have to say people in there drive actually very good.

Now if anyone in here wants to be a very good driver, i dare that person to go and drive in India. I went to Delhi last year. The hotel i resided in provided me transportation so i personally didn't drive there and mostly we were in upscale neighborhoods but when we got out of the safe zone i faced the craziest traffic ever. Cars go in wrong directions. Lots of bikers with heavy objects or 4-5 passengers do maneuvers when they are making their road between the sea of other bikes/cars/gay trucks. Very dangerous place for normal driver we have in Europe.

As for Russia, it's not really bad. I would even say they have a lot more good drivers than i witness everyday. Drivers who actually check for other cars around them but here the drivers just only see what's in front of them and that's it.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #49
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
#1 USA
#2 China (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan)
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #50
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5 03

Interesting question... though it would be more accurate to look at supercar accidents per thousand people to get relevant data.

1. Cars are status symbols in China in the way your home is a status symbol in Beverly Hills, CA
The first thing a wealthy Chinese business owner buys is a Ferrari.
The second thing is a Koenigsegg
Its part of their culture - as is being perceived as someone who doesnt care... notice how they all have that "dont give a sh** about anything" look in that picture on the highway? (also wtf, 10 cars and 6 people, are there 4 photographers???) This is their growing upper class, this is what they spend their money on, and this is the personality they like to convey to the world.

2. Simply put there are more people there... if there was an equal distribution of supercars all around the world, there would be equal distribution of supercar car accidents. But they have such a huge portion of the world population that they will thus also have a higher number of supercars there versus elsewhere in the world, and therefore more accidents as well

3. They are an extremely wealthy country, with over 3x the population as the US its to be expected that they have 3x the wealthy people. However given the current economic climates, its likely they have even more than the 3x figure that the population ratio would dictate. Their economy has been growing for a long time, and I can tell you if there is a WW3 it will more likely be economic based than anything else. China knows what it is doing and they are going full force into their plans.

So, if we do a really rough estimate and assume those 99% movement nutjobs are onto something, with 1 billion Chinese citizens, 1% of that population will be wealthy ...meaning there could be 10,000,000 (ten MILLION) very wealthy people in China! FWIW, following this rule, USA has three million.

Given this information, I would EXPECT there to be 3 supercar accidents in China for every 1 in the USA
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #51
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

They were knock offs....they weren't real super cars...they were old Ladas redone to look as if they were super cars! ;-)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #52
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

If you go to the east coast of China, definitely you can see lots of super cars. I have read one article which said 80% of supercars sold in China are bought by people came from one province which is called Zhejiang in China. It is true that supercars are kind of status in China. Richest people in China have AM one-77 even Zonda R, but they are not crazy people like we saw in the videos. Actually, they are just like folks in states want to have a awesome garages. The problem in China is not rich people buy expensive cars. It is rich businessmen buy super cars for their children. Well, if your children are well educated, I would like to say it is ok to give them super cars, I think whomever wants children to be healthy wealthy drive ferarri Lambo AM when they can. However, most super car drivers in China are kids without knowledge and even basic moral senses. This' s the problem.
As I live in Toronto, it is also very easy to see Chinese kids drive super cars. One of my client is one this group and he told me they don't know car very well actually, they just want this kind of status and be a super panty dropper. Once you get a super car, thousands of Chinese chicks are waiting for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #53
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Don't know how it has yet to be mentioned, but while the U.S. has the biggest high-end car market in volume, the Gulf states (Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia) have the highest concentration of supercars per capita. By far.
Appreciate 0