BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

BPM

01-02-2015, 08:45 AM   #23
Ecksman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 m3

That place is as shady as they come.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 10:15 PM   #24
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Thats unfortunate, means I have to drive 5 hrs to find the next closest car that has most of what I want >.<
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 08:31 PM   #25
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep

Went there today, despite all the warnings to check out this car: http://www.theluxuryhaus.com/web/use...onia/17831228/

There's a $1800 reconditioning fee
$900 destination/transport fee
2000 fee for not financing through them
$1300 fee for lojack for their vehicle already installed. Apparently they will remove it and not charge you this fee.
Still an additional $4700 on top of the list price.

Total $50,821 not including tax and titles.... seems not so worthwhile. Here's the kicker here is what I found on the car:
Misaligned front bumper, original owner seems to have removed the orange markers and painted over it. Did a terrible job of installing it.
Rear Bump is misalign, can't tell if it was replaced.
Passenger side fender had some dents.
Right rear passenger tire has a nasty bubble which needs to be replaced.

They set me up with an asian salesmen... yes I'm asian. Originally when I checked it out those things made me want to walk away. A salesmen talked to me and assured me only the front bumper has been repainted and no paintwork was done to the rest of the car. Then they tripled teamed me. They kept trying to get me to commit to a sale, but I insisted I need a PPI. I offered 48k otd if the PPI came back clean. They said they would hook me up with a free PPI at bmw of tenafly. I declined and said I would ask autocourture. They also didn't seem to want to budge insisting that the fees are there. They proceeded to triple team me and bully me into making a sale. They made it sound like they're doing me a great service by making me finance through them and removing that bullshit lojack system and I got the impression they wouldn't budge much lower than that. 2 month left on the warranty even if it's low mileage it doesn't seem worthwhile for a car that will prob end up costing me 51k OTD at minimum.

What do you guys think? Am I being unreasonable. My mind says fuck them I don't really want to deal with people like that. My heart is saying maybe I'm being too anal.

The Good: It drives fine, and it's optioned out almost exactly how i want it and they promised to realign the front, rear bumper, remove the dent, and replace the tire. Maintenance records are solid, oil changes every 3k miles almost.

Is it normal for a car that hasnt been driven for a while to have increased emissions and giving out overfilled oil?

Pictures:

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #26
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
o p my mind would be saying the same if I were in your shoes about this car. Stay away!!!! Seems nothing but a bunch of shady cats trying to push this car on u. Don't settle on it and jam yourself in a nightmare. I would keep looking for a clean car out there. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #27
m3aviator
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Sounds like extortion to me. Food for thought. Places like this get cars at auction. BMW dealers have first rights to purchase cars off lease, the ones that go to auction are junk and usually not eligible for CPO.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 05:15 AM   #28
1LRM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [8.00]
I am out just from the pictures. Plus any reputable shop, consignment or not, would have replaced the tire for mere safety! The entire situation you describe is typical shady BS. Don't make an impulsive buy. It is winter. More than 1 out there. Additionally majority of feedback here breaths stay away. My .02
F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #29
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah. I walked away from this one. Dealing with them was such a horrible experience anyways I would never want to come back. That being said, even cars at the bmw dealer can be pretty shady, though this one wasn't CPOed. I had arranged a deal with valley auto world bmw on a vehicle they had. They claimed it was pristine and I drove 5 hrs to get there to find there was paint work done on the entire left side of the car. After all that the dealer played dumb like they had no idea that was there.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #30
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

Stay away..... they try to shaft you with thousands in additional fees. Final price is 3-5k more that what is advertised. T
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 07:26 AM   #31
WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

Place is honestly horrible. I've been there twice:

#1 - Went to look at a 2011 X5 for my fiance. Called because the price online was so great and they said that it's the real price. Drove the 2 hours and they said there's no way they could offer that price. Refreshed the listing on my phone and they increased the price. They then showed me the price they bought it for and said there's no way we can honor that price. F8ck you. Wasted my time..

#2 - Against my better judgement went again to look at a 2011 M3 in Interlagos/Fox Red for myself. The car was beat to shit and they thought it was in amazing shape, and asking a premium.

Stay far away, please.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 09:27 AM   #32
nolfM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E63 M6

OP stay far away. These guys are crooks when it comes to selling you a car and if you have something to trade-in you haven't even begun to see the craziness.

The cars that these guys get. specifically BMW are ones that BMW dealers will not even put on their lots or deal with the maintenance headaches.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #33
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep

Took everyones advice! Unfortunately I ended up not being able to find the right used e92 m3. Naturally I went with the next best thing, no screaming v8.... but I am quite happy and satisfied.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2015, 06:45 PM   #34
gforce6
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Wow, Great decision.

Congratulations!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #35
TRS_Tom
TRS_Tom
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, DCT, PunisherGrey

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I bought my 08 M3 from them and it was very affordable and almost a great experience.
They do add a Lo-Jack type tracking system to every car and try to charge several thousand or more for it. I refused to pay it. They said once they put it on, they can't take it off. I in turn said that they can then either sell the system at a loss, take it off, or lose the sale completely. They took it off.
Check your paperwork very carefully before you sign the contract. They were supposed to put the loan in my business name but put it in my personal name instead, which now costs me an extra $500 a year for insurance and I'm not building credit equity for my business. Once the loan is funded apparently it can't be changed, unless you refinance?! I guess it's my fault for not checking the paperwork, partly anyway.
Otherwise, they were all pretty nice and accommodating. My sales guy even came and picked me up at the train station when I went to pickup the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 10:58 AM   #36
WCM3
Î canŧ főcus mŷ attėntĭon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Took everyones advice! Unfortunately I ended up not being able to find the right used e92 m3. Naturally I went with the next best thing, no screaming v8.... but I am quite happy and satisfied.
you lucky sob! hah. Congrats! How do you like it so far?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #37
Boogieman831
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I bought my M3 from them and they did the same thing tried to triple team me. But I was smarter I brought my buddies with me and when they kept coming up with numbers my buddies were there to back me up. They are salesmen sharks looking for blood and they need u more than u need them. You just have to know what u want and what ur willing to pay and stick to that. I got my car for what I wanted to pay I even brought my brother back there for his M3 and they gave me a finders fee check for $250 which surprised me . No one can jerk u unless u allow urself to be jerked. Just remember dealers can be crooked too.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #38
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
you lucky sob! hah. Congrats! How do you like it so far?
Sorry didn't see this than now. I love it, this thing is such a beast. I feel like every single M car is special and has it's allure and quality that makes it simply special. For the e92 m3 it was the v8 and the DCT. For the f82 M4 it's certainly the torque!

True dealers can be crooks too, I had a bad experience with a bmw dealership on a used e92 m3 5 hrs away from me. I made all the arrangements through the phone and set a deal. Made a deal and when I arrived the car was not in the condition they mention, had paintwork, previous damage. If the dealer doesn't CPO it from the get go be suspicious.

What I disliked about Luxury Haus is that I laid out my budget and what I expected to pay, needless to say I wasn't even sold on the car yet and though I was wary they still tried to push a sales when I repeatedly said no. Negotiating is one thing but pressuring a customer into a car they don't want. Not cool.
Appreciate 0