BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-05-2011, 02:00 AM   #199
speed21
Rep
Drives: P/BM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
Ok. I will set this straight since it seems you guys dont totally know whats going on.
The GT1 block in the GT3 DOES NOT HAVE OIL STARVATION ISSUES. It is a true dry sump engine. The RMS is rare, but this issue is due to the fact that the GT3's engine is such a high performance engine. It is pretty easily remedied though. The Mezger engine is pretty much bullet proof. It is probably the most tried and true street AND race motor out there.The cayman S/and non Mezger engine porsches are an integrated dry sump and while the oil issue has happened, it is a rare occurence. I tracked my cayman S pretty hard and did not have a single issue.
Pre 09 cars are solid and you shouldnt have an qualms about buying/owning one. Since 06 Porsche has been rate as either #1 or #2 in car reliability.
+1

Not sure what the fuss is about here. Pre 09's are hardly a problem and if you do get an rms leak P will fix it FOC anyway. You cant compare P warranty (and goodwill) with BM warranty. My (ex) 05 C2S developed an RMS leak out of warranty and was fixed FOC. Did plenty of track days over my 3.5 years....awesome car....bulletproof!! Any problems that surfaced were fixed FOC. I see no problems buying a pre 09 GT3 or 997S....very solid units.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #200
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nez View Post
For the guys and gals who love every minute they're in their m3 - do you drive it like you stole it every time? Unless I am driving aggressively I find my m3 to be.... boring. And since it's not practical to be driving like that on the street all the time I find my self "falling out I love". I need to be doing a trackday every couple of months to reignite the passion.

Am I the one person who feels like this?

So to the op - yeah I can relate but as I said earlier - track it!
I thought i am the only one feeling this way. The car has to be driven hard to be enjoyed. In day to day driving, my previous 135i with mods beats it. I find myself looking for opportunity to drive it hard all the time. It's getting a little tiresome.
Appreciate 0