BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

11-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #45
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErvGotti View Post
I never mentioned carrying at a bar. I know what is leagally allowed and not. I do have my CCW, what I'm trying to show in the vid in the link if you watched it is that crazy/drugged up people can come out of no where. This actually happened at a gas station where the drugged up robber got shot twice by a guy with his CCW and the drugged up guy still ends up going to jail.
yeah, but that's irrelevant to the OP. he was at a bar. drinking.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #46
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
yeah, but that's irrelevant to the OP. he was at a bar. drinking.
Not necessarily irrelevant, I'm just trying to show that crazy or drugged up people can come out at any time and if the OP wants to arm himself with a bat then all power to him. Myself I choose a firearm because my state allows me to. Fortunatly nothing happened and the OP had to vent, but what if the dude was high on PCP unless your highly trained you are not going to stop him.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #47
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

i have a CCW as well, but i don't think a weapon of any sort is called for in the OP's particular situation. that's all. preparedness is fine, but you should always be armed with a level head.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #48
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Baseball bat in the car can constitue as a concealed weapon
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #49
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
i have a CCW as well, but i don't think a weapon of any sort is called for in the OP's particular situation. that's all. preparedness is fine, but you should always be armed with a level head.
This. With a CCW you better be 1 second from death before you pull you firearm. And when you pull it you better be prepared to shoot someone. None of this i'll pull my gun and scare the guy crap. As mentioned before, do that and 6 hours later you're in jail, life changed.

To OP: Why so angry? For fucks sake, nothing happened other than you girlfriend got scared. Big fucking deal. Hell, i bet if you hadn't so valiantly intervened that there wouldn't have been a situation in the first place. Look at it like this. Your GF and her friends are oxygen, random street person is the gasoline..... YOU'RE the fucking spark. 90% of what happens to you in your life is determined by your reaction. I'm more scared of your irrational ass than the random street person.

And of course this kind of crap happens to everyone. You think you're the first person to have something like this happen to them? The thing is, the people who didn't act the way your GF did aren't here to tell this cool story.

Seriously, grow up tough guy.
      11-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #50
El_Duderino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Cayman GT4

^
+1

Too easy to be a tough guy. They're usually the ones I'm operating on at 4 am, piecing their face back together. Do me a favor and walk away.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #51
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
This. With a CCW you better be 1 second from death before you pull you firearm. And when you pull it you better be prepared to shoot someone. None of this i'll pull my gun and scare the guy crap. As mentioned before, do that and 6 hours later you're in jail, life changed.

To OP: Why so angry? For fucks sake, nothing happened other than you girlfriend got scared. Big fucking deal. Hell, i bet if you hadn't so valiantly intervened that there wouldn't have been a situation in the first place. Look at it like this. Your GF and her friends are oxygen, random street person is the gasoline..... YOU'RE the fucking spark. 90% of what happens to you in your life is determined by your reaction. I'm more scared of your irrational ass than the random street person.

And of course this kind of crap happens to everyone. You think you're the first person to have something like this happen to them? The thing is, the people who didn't act the way your GF did aren't here to tell this cool story.

Seriously, grow up tough guy.
Yeah, we fucking know this already. You felt the need to repeat this and chime in your opinion? It was said a couple times ago. I already said I didn't go back to spark anything with this dude, was trying to find him. Baseball bat was for future incidences that might have escalated dangers against ME. Go back to the first post, I already said the baseball bat wasn't going to be used on the guy. I was going back to scare him. What does that mean? I already said the guy was scared just by my size, so dialogue would have sufficed as I do like discourse more than action in this instances. You look like one too.

So cut it with the "stop trying to be a macho man" BS sob shit against me. I wasn't drunk, nor was I at a bar. I was at a nice restaurant downtown, having dinner on the weekend and some random bullshit happened that caused me to have a ruined night. The bat was just for future self-defence cause the world we live in is such BS nowadays, and Occupy Hobo's seem to liter Vancouver everywhere nowadays, stabbing eachother and OD'ing on drugs. You know the situation here? Thought not. You saw the riots in Vancouver tear the city down? Just on TV, right? Mr. Internet tough guy spewing lectures at me.

Live here and go through it. Enough said. Dude came at us was a loaded surprise and could have done anything. Fact of the matter was he seemed to want to initiate danger by chasing us down. That was enough to put myself into self-defense mode, yeah? You wouldn't? Walk away then, cause he probably would have chased you down, unarmed and everything.

Thread was after-the-fact anyways. Yeah, I already know nothing happened. I was just venting on here and asking if any of you had been in similar situations. Wanna share? Or just always trying to tear everyone down behind your screen, Armchair General?
      12-01-2011, 03:30 AM   #52
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
Sparta Kick to the chest, yell "THIS IS CANADA", and then just leave. No need for a gun or baseball bat. You just destroyed that guys pride, and now he is going to go home upset.
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 03:59 AM   #53
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
Sparta Kick to the chest, yell "THIS IS CANADA", and then just leave. No need for a gun or baseball bat. You just destroyed that guys pride, and now he is going to go home upset.
+1
      12-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #54
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

I always carry my 2 fists with me, thunder (right hand) and lightning (left hand).

But seriously tho I know where your coming from. Chilling with my boy one night and 2 girls (double date) some big drunk Mexican starts yelling at us saying we stole his wallet (never seen this dude before and he was drunk), and while me and my boy are tryin to talk to him to calm him down and let him know he's got the wrong people, the fuck pulls out some 10" fuckin kitchen knife out his ass and starts screaming in Spanish. At this point he scared the shit outta our dates so I quickly had to disarm him by blocking one of his wild drunkin swings and twisting him into an arm lock, he drops the knife, I trip him to the floor, my boy punches him in the face, we throw the knife in the sewer, and go home.

After all that we didn't even get any bunz from the girls!

Just be careful op, you don't wanna do anything that'll end up ruining your night/life. There's a lot of sick people in this world...

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #55
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Yeah, we fucking know this already. You felt the need to repeat this and chime in your opinion? It was said a couple times ago. I already said I didn't go back to spark anything with this dude, was trying to find him. Baseball bat was for future incidences that might have escalated dangers against ME. Go back to the first post, I already said the baseball bat wasn't going to be used on the guy. I was going back to scare him. What does that mean? I already said the guy was scared just by my size, so dialogue would have sufficed as I do like discourse more than action in this instances. You look like one too.

So cut it with the "stop trying to be a macho man" BS sob shit against me. I wasn't drunk, nor was I at a bar. I was at a nice restaurant downtown, having dinner on the weekend and some random bullshit happened that caused me to have a ruined night. The bat was just for future self-defence cause the world we live in is such BS nowadays, and Occupy Hobo's seem to liter Vancouver everywhere nowadays, stabbing eachother and OD'ing on drugs. You know the situation here? Thought not. You saw the riots in Vancouver tear the city down? Just on TV, right? Mr. Internet tough guy spewing lectures at me.

Live here and go through it. Enough said. Dude came at us was a loaded surprise and could have done anything. Fact of the matter was he seemed to want to initiate danger by chasing us down. That was enough to put myself into self-defense mode, yeah? You wouldn't? Walk away then, cause he probably would have chased you down, unarmed and everything.

Thread was after-the-fact anyways. Yeah, I already know nothing happened. I was just venting on here and asking if any of you had been in similar situations. Wanna share? Or just always trying to tear everyone down behind your screen, Armchair General?
I actually brought a different perspective to the incident. The one where should you have not gotten in the middle of him trying to give someone a ride home your night might not have been "ruined". Why did you let that ruin your night anyway? You chose to let that ruin your night. Again, back to 90% of what happens to you is because of your reaction to something else.

And yes, similar things have happened here where the grass is certainly greener than where you are.

Sunday afternoon driving toward the main street that runs through Tampa. Sitting at a light and the car behind me was full of thug looking dudes. One of them displays his middle finger to my friend who was looking at him through the passenger mirror. So my friend and his cousin in the back seat start flicking these guys off and yelling crap. 5 guys get out of this car and start walking up as the light turned green. So i took off. They pull up super close so i take off through traffic. Get to the main street running through Tampa and turn left. In the middle of the intersection, their car directly behind us, i see the guy behind the drivers seat leaning forward with something shiny in his hand. I didn't think he was going to throw a knife at us so when the intersection cleared i took off. Got to the next red light, stopped checked for it to be clear, ran it. By the time they got to it it was green so i still wasn't sure how serious they were. Next light was red and i did the same thing. The guys following didn't even check to make sure it was clear, they just blew through the red light.

At this point i figured they were fairly serious. We had a pretty open stretch of road in front of us as the direction we were going was away from the city. When i hit the top of 3rd gear the guy sitting behind the other driver gets out the window, sitting on the door with his arms on the roof pointing a gun at my car. In 4th gear now i tell everyone to get down. 1st shot a miss. Second shot hits the car. 3rd shot hits the car and the car starts to sputter and seems to slow down or at least stop accelerating. Realizing i was bouncing off of rev-limiter i put it in 5th gear and pull out of range for their 4th shot.

They slowed down and did a U turn and we quickly made a direct route to the nearest Sheriff substation. When there we pulled out 2 .38 cal rounds out of my vehicle.

Turns out that there were a string of "random" shootings that weekend and it was reported that several people were going through gang initiations. The Sheriff contacted me and let me know that their initiation test was to flick people off while sitting at a light. When they get someone that reacts aggressively they are to walk up to that person's car and shoot them. My green light probably saved our lives.

So yeah as soon as i hit 21 the next year, i got my CWP and a Glock 23; which is always in my car. But as time passed i realized that should that same situation come up, running is still my best bet. I keep the pistol because i don't want to be suck in traffic, with no where to go when some punk bitch who wants to be in a gang tries to shoot me or my wife. Needless to say the lack of aggressive gestures on my part keeps those situations at bay for the most part.

This was in 1993 and i was driving a tricked out 1985 Supra. Lesson learned, people are jack asses and the less you mess with them the better off you are. Since then i've not once considered pulling my firearm on anyone.