BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #23
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drey View Post
Just turned 1K and no mechanical problems though there are a couple of minor design flaws I would take issue with...

For example, anyone else notice that the glove box, door pockets, and console bin are so tiny they will not even hold the owner's manuals and info they give you at time of purchase? I had to stash a bunch of this stuff in the trunk, fer cryin' out loud.

As a guy who ordered an E90 without ever sitting in one (test drove an E92) I guess I need to ask; is there any decent sized interior storage or do you really have to keep everyting in the trunk?

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #24
wimpwgn
Private
Rep
Drives: 13 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOCHOSTO View Post
As a guy who ordered an E90 without ever sitting in one (test drove an E92) I guess I need to ask; is there any decent sized interior storage or do you really have to keep everyting in the trunk?
I've carried 60 pieces of paving stones in the trunk before.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #25
drey
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan, JZB/BB

"is there any decent sized interior storage or do you really have to keep everyting in the trunk?"

IMO, no and yes to those questions. Some of you guys are alluding to a smaller binder in the trunk which will fit in the glove box but I don't recall seeing anything like that - I'll take another look.

Also interested in a comment on this thread stating that someone's gas mileage went from 14.5 to 18.5 as soon as he got a few thousand miles on the car. Anyone else have this experience? It would be nice to have this to look forward to because as I was saying to my salesman today, the poor gas mileage of the M3 is a bit of a shock (I know, I know - if you can pay 60K for a car you can afford the gas but it still sucks).
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #26
drey
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan, JZB/BB

In response to OP's original question I should add that while the glove box and door pouches are ridiculously small, the trunk space is great.
Appreciate 0