BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

08-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #23
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Both are sweet cars and there's about to be a C63 joining my M3 in the garage.

A bit off original topic, but has anyone seen the Black Series SL65? That's a car I'd like to take for a drive.
      08-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #24
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwizard View Post
Compare the M3 sedan to the C63. There is no comparison, Merc is a way better looking car.

Have you test driven the C63? Like I said, M3 engineers messed up by not giving it enough torque.
Please, grab anything next to you that is heavy, and smack yourself in the face with it.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about. Your parents are the ones who messed up with the lack of birth control.

As far as aftermarket tuning, the M3's will be spanking C63's, in a straight line, around the track, in every which way.

Lots of little girls on the forums like yourself sat there whining about the C32 being more modable than the M3. With the E46 putting out 1000+ hp now where are the C32's? C55's? C63's? The M3's are the king of the hill, always have been, always will be.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #25
stockwizard
Rep
Drives: Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Please, grab anything next to you that is heavy, and smack yourself in the face with it.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about. Your parents are the ones who messed up.

As far as aftermarket tuning, the M3's will be spanking C63's, in a straight line, around the track, in every which way.

Lots of little girls on the forums like yourself sat there whining about the C32 being more modable than the M3. With the E46 putting out 1000+ hp now where are the C32's? C55's? C63's? The M3's are the king of the hill, always have been, always will be.
No need to get emotional. I stand by my remarks. It sickens me the 335 has more torque than the M3.

If you can get the M3 to be over 525hp for a few grand then try it.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #26
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:

You have no clue as to what you are talking about. Your parents are the ones who messed up with the lack of birth control.

This was completely uncalled for.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #27
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No need to get emotional. I stand by my remarks. It sickens me the 335 has more torque than the M3.

Emotional? EMOTIONAL? Nah, you must be some special clairvoyant being to be able to foresee the E9x M3 aftermarket and my emotional tone through text alone.

Considering the AMG 63 v8 is in... EVERYTHING I would hope they have some parts available.

When the forced induction scene kicks off on the M3, you will see what high revs + boost are capable of (or just take a look at the E46, which the AMG's will never catch). The C63 will continue to look like the overweight, understeering, pig it is. With lots of torque, being sent to one wheel. Which is something some child in Canada dreams about.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #28
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:

Remember when the E46 M3 came out and people bemoaned the C32 having similar power and price? You don't, if you knew anything about cars from recent memory you would not make that statement. Look where we are today with SC'd and FI'd E46s pushing out 700 rwhp. C32s are a thing of the past. The same thing will happen again, M3 is a bigger market.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #29
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
This was completely uncalled for.
Is it cool if I run my posts through you first, then you can tell me if they won't hurt anyone's feelings Mother Teresa?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #30
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
I have driven both! C63 stands out way more than the M3 Sedan!!!

Now I have people on here saying the M3 interior is nicer? lol
The seats in the C63 are totally different that the c300 and way better than the m. Everyone knows this.

As far as the ride being stiff, it depends what you are used to. To me it didn't feel that harsh really.

The engine sound is better as well. The only thing the M is better at is if you are tracking it consistently and it is a little smoother ride.

Some of you are way too biased. If you guys took the time to drive the car, most would agree with me.

A 335 EVEN HAS MORE TORQUE THAN A M3!!!!. EMBARRASSING. CAN"T IMAGINE A C300 HAVING MORE TORQUE THAN C63!!!!!!!!
Making the LOLTORQUE statement removes any credibility you had, however little there was to begin with. If the 335i has "more torque" then why did BMW release the M? When you can figure that out then you can say you finally "get" cars aside from them making vroom noises.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #31
stockwizard
Rep

Quote:
Emotional? EMOTIONAL? Nah, you must be some special clairvoyant being to be able to foresee the E9x M3 aftermarket and my emotional tone through text alone.

Considering the AMG 63 v8 is in... EVERYTHING I would hope they have some parts available.

When the forced induction scene kicks off on the M3, you will see what high revs + boost are capable of (or just take a look at the E46, which the AMG's will never catch). The C63 will continue to look like the overweight, understeering, pig it is. With lots of torque, being sent to one wheel. Which is something some child in Canada dreams about.
hmmm I still think the M3 is great car though.

Too bad you think the c63 is a "pig" and seem to have a great deal of hostility towards Canada as well... and you are saying you are not emotional? lol
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #32
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Is it cool if I run my posts through you first, then you can tell me if they won't hurt anyone's feelings Mother Teresa?
You don't have to. Simply acting like a human being and not like a douchebag helps immensly.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hmmm I still think the M3 is great car though.

Too bad you think the c63 is a "pig" and seem to have a great deal of hostility towards Canada as well... and you are saying you are not emotional? lol
I like Canada, it is America's hat.

The C63 is a pig, that doesn't mean I don't think it is a great car. The AMG engineers really outdid themselves taking their big V8, same transmission, sticking it in a C class, and calling it a day.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #34
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You don't have to. Simply acting like a human being and not like a douchebag helps immensly.
When I finish drying my tears I'll send you some flowers. I did not realize certain posters on a car forum were so emotionally fragile and took things to so close to heart. Please, accept this completely sincere apology.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #35
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Good job internet tough guy, you've been reported.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #36
stockwizard
Rep

Quote:

The C63 is a pig, that doesn't mean I don't think it is a great car. The AMG engineers really outdid themselves taking their big V8, same transmission, sticking it in a C class, and calling it a day.
America's hat? hmmm.

Anyways I don't plan to mod the C63. I plan to lease it for a few years and then move onto something bigger and better.

Personally I just think it is a better looking car with more useable power. Rarer too.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #37
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good job internet tough guy, you've been reported.
My goodness, will you change your mind if I send chocolate as well? And we cuddle?

Don't tell teacher I did anything else, I'll even let you get the good toys during recess.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #38
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
America's hat? hmmm.

Anyways I don't plan to mod the C63. I plan to lease it for a few years and then move onto something bigger and better.

Personally I just think it is a better looking car with more useable power. Rarer too.
You plan to lease it? Well, come back once you actually have the car.

Don't really know why you are even talking about mods when you will just be borrowing the car from the bank. That is if you ever happen to apply anything to reality instead of just wishing for things on the internet.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #39
stockwizard
Rep

Quote:
My goodness, will you change your mind if I send chocolate as well? And we cuddle?

Don't tell teacher I did anything else, I'll even let you get the good toys during recess.
Because you disagree with someone's viewpoint on a car you say their parents should have used birth control, their car is a pig and you insult his country? lol

Hey kid, I am done with you. Not worth my time.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #40
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Because you disagree with someone's viewpoint on a car you say their parents should have used birth control, their car is a pig and you insult his country? lol

Hey kid, I am done with you. Not worth my time.
I'll miss you.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #41
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

I'm not sure how a car that runs to 60 in the low 4's is "embarrassed" by a car that is a second slower (335i) or even by the C63, which is only a couple of tenths faster. One number doesn't define a car. M3 owners appreciate the power in their cars, but that's not why they bought them. We appreciate the perfect balance and harmony in these cars. We'll give up a couple tenths of a second in a straight line to have a car that will carve corners better without sacrificing ride quality. And we don't need a lot of chrome trimmings to tell us we're driving a special car.

That said, no one can deny that the C63 is a special car. Powerful, sweet sounding engine, solid handling, and extremely comfortable interior. It's just not the right car for most on this forum. Big surprise right? It is an M3 forum afterall.

Last edited by TLud; 08-11-2008 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #42
ferrari6891
the original brown guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MBB/SO X5M Comp

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [7.66]
i hate how mercedes thinks they make their cars the shit by just dumping MORE POWER in it....its never all about power. They're C63 is hard to handle and is not poised at all-unlike the m3. And i also agree that the C63 looks like they tried to hard to make it aggressive. I think the torque on the M3 is not a problem at all...it gives just enough power when it needs to.
M3>C63
2011 E90 ///M3 AW/FR
2008 E92 ///M3 IB/BLK
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #43
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Here's this issue of lag or misjudgement coming into play once more.
Lag, specifically any lag between paddle actuation and the beginning of the clutching operations is not be a factor.

1. Lag almost disappers under drag like conditions
2. During the lag you are still accelerating and accelrating hard
3. IF you don't know your car and hit the limiter (admittedly I do occasionally, this things revs so fast) due to the lag, you can not blame the car, you must blame the driver.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #44
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:

All of this appears to be, ahem, not the case.

That big 6.2 V8 outpowers the M3 while managing to be 6 pounds lighter than the 4 liter BMW powerplant. The transmission is also a gem. 7-speeds, no waiting. It also isn't plagued with bugs, unlike the M3 automatic.

If the M3 had the C63's engine and transmission, it would arguably be a better car, although I must say it would probably be harder to control around a road course. All that power and torque driving only two wheels would likely make for just as "lively" a drive in the M3 as in the C63 under such circumstances. Fun, though.

By the way, pretty much everybody says the C63 is a delight on the street, and only gets to be a handful when you're going for ten tenths on track.

Bruce

PS - In regard to your Canada remark - and the tone of your remarks in general - it appears that whatever your actual age and station in life, you're posting from a dorm room.
Appreciate 0