BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #67
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

This is humerous Audi BS on a BMW board

The Europeans are actually LAUGHING at you fools !

I went to an event today at the ring called Tuning days sponsered by
Recaro, nicely tuned A-5 Looks nice but those led light brows are crazy

The interesting thing was during the drinking that took place after
was the laughing about how these web forums have people who criticize
cars they have never seen or driven

The most amazing thought was why an American would want an M-3
S-RS 4/5 or AMG car, you cannot drive them fast enough to enjoy them !

The opinion is that most Americans wash their cars rather than drive them

Remember that the M-3 is us equivilent of $95K in Germany

The best was a pinkish pearl Navigator with Lambos
that was called "an American Tribute"

Just wait till the M-3 is out and dont let some spec generating
journalist give ammo to a latchkey LA Teen with nothing better
to do than argue which is better

Go out and Drive your cars, and respect others

Wait to you see the German Version of Pimp my ride !

In the wake of more flames

Bitte a Bis

07-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #68
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
don't hate the Aud-istas, their VW's are finally getting some attention at the big dance.

I especially love the alligiance to quattro marketing, like ABS, traction control and all the other advancements of the past 10 years haven't marginalized that configuration, and auto enthusiasts all drive on rally courses, not that Audi is even a player in rally anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 03:27 PM   #69
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post
Bitte a Bis
You mean "Bitte ein Bit", don't you?

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #70
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I did not say that, now nor previously, face reality, PLEASE. Seems you can't read. I did not want to run through the results one by one where the M has bested some very hot cars. However, just for grins, I will clarify my brief general statement. I meant that in a handful of limited contests, in preliminary tests, the M3 has selectively bested those cars. This INCLUDES out braking 100 km/h - 0 the 911 and Cayman S and out-ring-ing the 911S. Preliminary tests thus far have been a mixed bag on brake fade, some say it is there, others not. Only time will tell. However the single out braking figure we have relative to the 911 and Cayman S is quite impressive given the weight disadvantage of the car.

My preliminary thoughts are this: Get the M3 with M-DCT, buy a BBK, spend way less than the current 911S and it will outperform it in almost ALL regards. Feel free to carry on about how great the upcoming 911's will be.
I have to tell you Swamp; you go on and on about the fact that I previously got personal with you. I apologized, however, the reasons I did are clear. You try to be clever about bringing a personal attack on me.

Yes. I can read. Can you understand?

Add PDK (Porsche's clutchless tranny) and the additional HP along with the same amount of dollars applied to the aftermarket stuff you're adding to the M. These options will be available on the 911S the same time that the M is released. Compare apples to apples; or is that to difficult to comprehend?

The new M3 will NEVER be a Porsche 911S. It's a great car for the money but it' s no Porsche. Plain and simple. You're kidding yourself. There is an intangible to the iconic 911 that the lesser priced, lesser quality, lesser performing and lesser feedback contemporary M can't match or beat. Consider that the 911 is essentially the same car as it was well before the little M was even born.

With that said. The M is a great car that I will proudly own.

I have never compared the prices. I agree that the Porsche is overpriced (to some) but car v. car; the M isn't even close.

While you're at it, read the recent posts regarding the reviews (two videos) by our own Wally330 and others, on this board. The less than Porsche like brakes do rear their ugly heads, again. I like the part about the steering being good, but not as good as a Porsche. Or, better yet the brakes not being up to Porsche standards. Go figure.

Last edited by devo; 07-28-2007 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #71
mgdsh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 458 Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Unbelievable. Did you see the reply title of that link? "Yes I saw that post and I defended our colors"?
Are you kidding me? And who is always screaming about fanboys?
Their board seems more preoccupied with what is going on over here than about their "beloved" Audi's. Why do so many of their members leak over here?
Do you see any threads on here dedicated to what Audi boards are saying about BMW's?
Grow up people.
While you are over there be sure to also read:

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/59602.phtml

It pretty much sums up everything.

Just for the record theres maybe a handful of us that occasionally chime in over here. Maybe if you didn't knock our car all day long with out ever having driven it...

Like at the end of the day, does it really matter? Both are great cars that just about anyone would be blessed to have, yet you guys always must turn everything into a pissing contest.

I personally went around to EVERY brand possible. The only car they wouldn't let me drive was the Corvette Z06. Funny how I could test drive a Bentley, Maserati, E46 M3, etc etc. The list really goes on. LOL and American car companies wonder why they are going down the drain. That car is so played out, yet you cant even get a test drive from some of those overly arrogant American dealerships.

At the end of the day I felt the RS4 was the best car for me. I respect the work BMW puts out, especially their M line, but the clueless posts you guys make with out even having driven the car prove why your cars are respected and the drivers aren't.

The E92 might be a few milliseconds faster at this or that, but I will probably track my car a few times a year, just like many of you.

Say all you want about the RS4, but for god sake, just so you don't look like a bunch of hypocrites, drive one first. Every time the new E92 gets a less than stellar review, at least one of you will mention it should be driven before you make up your mind, yet you refuse to do that with the RS4.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 06:06 PM   #72
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdsh View Post
Just for the record theres maybe a handful of us that occasionally chime in over here. Maybe if you didn't knock our car all day long with out ever having driven it...
First, the two bolded statements are hilarious. It is alot more than a "handful" and the posts are insanely more than "occasionally". I would be interested to know your definitions of "handful" and "occasionally".
Secondly, are you so insecure about your car that you really get all up in arms about what someone else in the world is saying about it on message boards?

Quote:
I personally went around to EVERY brand possible. The only car they wouldn't let me drive was the Corvette Z06. Funny how I could test drive a Bentley, Maserati, E46 M3, etc etc. The list really goes on. LOL and American car companies wonder why they are going down the drain. That car is so played out, yet you cant even get a test drive from some of those overly arrogant American dealerships.
Way OT.

Quote:
but the clueless posts you guys make with out even having driven the car prove why your cars are respected and the drivers aren't.
Another attack from Audi boys.

Thanks for joining in this discussion.
      07-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #73
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
I respect the work BMW puts out, especially their M line, but the clueless posts you guys make with out even having driven the car prove why your cars are respected and the drivers aren't.
1. How does that help us respect you and the other people from the Audi board who post here, and take you guys seriously?

2. And, if you don't respect BMW drivers, why do you even bother engaging them in any kind of conversation?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #74
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Here's some new pics of the new RS5- judging by the lack of Camo I'd say it's only about a year or so away........

Note: this is the RS5- not S5. Look at the Lower front air dam vents where the fogs are- they are RS style mesh, not the same as the horizontal mesh on the S5.......

Attachment 89996

Attachment 89997
The car you are posting is a S5, not a RS5.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #75
jworms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 99 E36 M3, 07 328i

Quote:
While you are over there be sure to also read:

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/59602.phtml

It pretty much sums up everything.

Like at the end of the day, does it really matter? Both are great cars that just about anyone would be blessed to have, yet you guys always must turn everything into a pissing contest.

At the end of the day I felt the RS4 was the best car for me. I respect the work BMW puts out, especially their M line, but the clueless posts you guys make with out even having driven the car prove why your cars are respected and the drivers aren't.

The E92 might be a few milliseconds faster at this or that, but I will probably track my car a few times a year, just like many of you.

Say all you want about the RS4, but for god sake, just so you don't look like a bunch of hypocrites, drive one first. Every time the new E92 gets a less than stellar review, at least one of you will mention it should be driven before you make up your mind, yet you refuse to do that with the RS4.
you know what? you're right. instead of thinking about buying the e92 M3 i should go and test drive a honda civic because maybe it's going to feel better than the M3 and i shouldn't knock the civic until i've driven one...or you can realize that the M3 and RS4 are both performance oriented cars and should be judged with performance specs in mind...otherwise why are you buying this car? yes driving the car is a given with making a decision on which one you will buy, but raw performance figures are vastly important with buying a car of this stature and with recent developments we've seen the M3 is on top and the audi fanboys just refuse to admit it. now you've got audi fanboys using the RS5 as their new savior - which i think is hilarious because i knew it'd happen when we finally got some raw numbers for the M3 that prove it outperforms the RS4 and even has the guts to compete with the over $100k R8 ( which it looks like some audi people are actually beginning to understand: http://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/59655.phtml ).

i must say it is rather entertaining to see this large epidemic of audi fanboys registering on bmw forums with the sole purpose of trying to validate themselves for their car decision. for the audi fanboys, it was never about trying to get people to see that the RS4 is a good performing car, it was ALL about trying to get the BMW community to believe that the 2 year old RS4 is beating the big bad BMW M department...which it's obviously not.

my god, i just quickly looked through audiworld's RS4 section and i think they have us beat for number of threads on the new M3 - go figure.

Last edited by jworms; 07-28-2007 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 07:02 PM   #76
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

If it wasn't for M, Audi wouldn't even have an RS range of cars. Their S range never got anywhere near the M cars and Audi wanted a slice of that pie.
      07-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #77
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
The car you are posting is a S5, not a RS5.
No, did you read my post or are you blind?

The mesh grille around the fogs is RS style- the actual S5 has horizontal bars.
Go to audiusa.com and look at an S5 and you'll see.

Fact is it's a prototype- that's it. So, could there be any other changes to it to differentiate it from the S5? Absolutely.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 08:14 PM   #78
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant Win !!! View Post
the m3 will not out perform an r8 end of story. i dont care what rumored "ring time" anyone has.. there is just NO WAY....
thank you for your informative post and setting the facts straight.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #79
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
the m3 will not out perform an r8 end of story. i dont care what rumored "ring time" anyone has.. there is just NO WAY....
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #80
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
No, did you read my post or are you blind?

The mesh grille around the fogs is RS style- the actual S5 has horizontal bars.
Go to audiusa.com and look at an S5 and you'll see.

Fact is it's a prototype- that's it. So, could there be any other changes to it to differentiate it from the S5? Absolutely.
I guess none of us will truely know what it is.

What is really funny though, is that you actually believe that Audi wouldn't think of testing a RS5 with another mesh grille, or testing one with a S5 badge. I am not blind, but I do think you are a little overly zealous.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #81
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

nominated for worst thread of the year.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 11:21 PM   #82
jworms
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
what are you basing this on? the price of both cars? you're probably right, the e92 M3 will never cost over $100k. i'd almost be surprised if the e92 M3 CSL went over the $100k mark and that thing will surely destroy the current version R8. but other than price the numbers don't lie, both cars are very similar in performance.

if you don't believe me, go check out the performance specs on both cars and you might start believing something different. the e92 M3 and the R8 are very close in performance.

i've posted the specs many times and none of the audi fanboys ever try to reply when i do. instead they latch onto someone else's post because they have nothing to say about what the numbers expose.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 11:28 PM   #83
jworms
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
just no.. im sorry... I love the m3.. i plan on buying one.....but no
Quote:
i dont care what stat... what time.. what any crazy statistic. hate it or love it BMW doesnt have anything to rival the r8. it does like 0-60 four flat, rear engined. two seater... just no... im sorry but no way...
ignorance is bliss.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 11:33 PM   #84
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
i dont care what stat... what time.. what any crazy statistic. hate it or love it BMW doesnt have anything to rival the r8. it does like 0-60 four flat, rear engined. two seater... just no... im sorry but no way...
Quote:
and please dont insult me by posting anything after this with csl in it.. cause its a make believe car. that isnt a fact. and still is not going to compare to the r8.... bmw (i love em) has NOTHING on par with that car. its pretty much a lambo with quatro and rs4 engine...

You have gone completely mad.
      07-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #85
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
and please dont insult me by posting anything after this with csl in it.. cause its a make believe car. that isnt a fact. and still is not going to compare to the r8.... bmw (i love em) has NOTHING on par with that car. its pretty much a lambo with quatro and rs4 engine...
Stop reading teh internet tubes now, only disappointment awaits.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 11:40 PM   #86
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post

The most amazing thought was why an American would want an M-3
S-RS 4/5 or AMG car, you cannot drive them fast enough to enjoy them !

The opinion is that most Americans wash their cars rather than drive them

Just wait till the M-3 is out and dont let some spec generating
journalist give ammo to a latchkey LA Teen with nothing better
to do than argue which is better

Go out and Drive your cars, and respect others
Hahaha very well said. This is the most sensible comment since responses from Lucid and Greg. There is no doubt that these M/RS cars have more talent and smarts than the drivers behind the wheels.

To the Audi folks, if your car is so fun and pleasing to drive, not saying it's not, why the heck do you care to impress or be bothered with what a BMW drivers think of it. I suppose arguing on a BMW and deriving fun from ridiculing a BMW fan boy are more fun than driving or working on your beloved Audi. So the conclusion must the the RS are great cars and perform as expected but their drivers, those who like to cross post, aren't.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #87
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Really don't understand the anamosity amongst other brands.

The Audi RS4 is a great car, almost put a downpayment on one. I guess it all comes down to what your looking for and what engineering avenue your more aligned with.

Audi's are luxury vehicles with a rally presence and background, they always have top notch interiors and decent engines. The RS4 is a 4door, 4wheel drive, heavy car ment for stability and confidence. The outstanding engine vaults it ahead as a straitline performer and it's decent chasis allows for the car to be more boisterious than most Audi's.

BMW's are about engineering. Precision. They wrap a car around an idea, a formula and then perfect that. All bmw's are about performance. The M Division takes that to a higher level. It's all about the over-all performance in a single package. A distinct cross-section of performance, handling, comfort, luxury, stability and experience.

The new E90 M3 is a remarkable achievment and does more for less. Not against the Audi RS4, but against any car. It's the minimal design that hooks people into BMW ideology. That went bare minimum in weight to make an all new engine with exotic meterials just to save 20lbs. BMW confined their 420 horsepower V8 to only 4.0 liter (3999) to demonstrate to the world their level of engineering, once again!

It would be backwards for BMW to release the new M3 with HPI before it's older brothers have it first. But even so, they could've easily made it a 4.2 liter engine had BMW felt the need. There showing (proving) they can do more with less. This new M3 is only 70kg heaver that the E46 M3 and offers a higher level of comfort, power and over-all package.

The arguements between the Audi and BMW camp should rest on interior/exterior styling, not the level of engineering. Because honestly BMW is an engine company first and formost!

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2007, 12:23 AM   #88
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
You mean "Bitte ein Bit", don't you?

Best regards, south