BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

11-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Niels E46 M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 SG M3 Coupe DCT

Uploading a .gpx file into OEM Nav

Does anyone know if our NAV systems have the capability to upload .gpx files for routes?

Thanks,
Niels
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Niels, I don't know about gpx files but there is a way to load files in a different format, which may be a BMW proprietary format (file extension is *.gz). You can check it on the BMW Connected Drive website where you can plot a trip on a googlemaps interface.

As far as I know, it only works in Europe but it allows you to set up a trip or journey in 2010-nav speak, transfer the file to a USB key and import it through the glovebox connection (assuming you have the right setup). I have used it here in Europe with a US-spec car and it works quite well. Someone on another BMW forum was trying to decipher the BMW format so that it could be used in the US with Googlemaps but I don't think it went anywhere.
Appreciate 0