BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

10-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
What was your longest trip this summer

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Yes longest trip, not longest day

No this is not a poll and I promise no longer to issue any pools My apologies to anyone that my polls may have annoyed.

I know in these economic times it is now cheeper to fly or take the train to travel or go anywhere in our car due to elevated gas prices. However, being retired now I don't see it that way. I like my M3 too much to leave it behind in the garage. Besides the stock market is doing it's best to shrink our savings so why not put some cash into the economy and purchase gas to enjoy driving your car

So this past summer my longest round trip was over 7600 KM (that would be over 4722 Miles). It took me form Southwestern Ontario all the way to Northern Alberta Canada. Good friends of mine lost there home and all there belongings in the Slave Lake, Alberta - Canada Fire you may have heard about if not click here for details. Needless to say I enjoyed every mile as well as visiting some of the places in the USA.

So what was your longest vacation trip this past summer? Think back and tell us your little tale or story or might you be planning a fall trip?

Have a great week ... safe driving always.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 10-10-2011 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: added Province and link to the Fire this Summer
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
CT
GODXSPD
United_States
Rep
Drives: SSII E90M

That's one hell of a trip, Rolf.

I took a one-way flight to D.C. to pick up an '08 SSII E90 M3 and drove it back to Savannah. Stopped in Chapel Hill, NC and enjoyed the backroads

e90m / ssii / foxred / wedssport sa-55m 19x9.5 et24 + 265/35r19 square / 15mm rear spacer / no chrome
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Calgary - vancouver - Calgary. With all the driving in vancouver, i put around 3k km on my car

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
richardg
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MacanGTS, 991.2GT3, E63wagon

TSE ///Michigan, a bmw enthusiast group I lead, road tripped from Michigan to Baltimore for Bimmerfest East.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
TSE ///Michigan, a bmw enthusiast group I lead, road tripped from Michigan to Baltimore for Bimmerfest East.
That was well over 1,000 Miles round trip. Bet it was a fun trip. Let us know next year f you do it again, might join the trip No worries, I will keep up even if I am retired my ///M3 will see to that

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Calgary - vancouver - Calgary. With all the driving in vancouver, i put around 3k km on my car
Nice drive, I made this many a times (business trips) when I lived in Alberta for 27 years. Know the road very well

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #7
JoLo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///2011.5 ///E90 ///AW ///ZCP

I took a trip from North Jersey down to Hilton Head island in South Carolina. If im not mistaken 1 way was about 800-900 miles so both ways was well over 1700 miles by the time i got back with the driving around SC.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #8
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT View Post
That's one hell of a trip, Rolf.

I took a one-way flight to D.C. to pick up an '08 SSII E90 M3 and drove it back to Savannah. Stopped in Chapel Hill, NC and enjoyed the backroads
Yes it was I made it in less then3 days going there (was in a rush to help out with the fire) however on the way back I took my time taking a week for the return trip.

I love traveling on the back roads of America, the only way to see the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Longest trip for me was driving to iND and back... around 1500 miles total.
That was when you lived states side? How are you enjoying the back roads of Germany and the German Gemütlichkeit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo View Post
I took a trip from North Jersey down to Hilton Head island in South Carolina. If im not mistaken 1 way was about 800-900 miles so both ways was well over 1700 miles by the time i got back with the driving around SC.
That is a nice part of the country, fall colors must be nice right about now.

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

DC to Columbus, Ohio. 8 hour drive each way. So not that long.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #10
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

I'm ashamed to say that I had a plan to drive to south beach, but I decided not to put the miles on my baby.

I'm so divided, part of me wants to drive it all day, every day, to the beach and back, on road trips...but the other part of me wants to keep my m3 young, clean and fresh.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
Rex Heat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.8 E92 M3 ZCP

Picked The Beast up after the 1,200 mile service and drove her from the Philly area to Anniston, Al. Made sure to drive Skyline Drive on the way down and enjoyed every minute of the driving experience. Total drive was a little more than 2,000 miles.

What I really learned on this trip was that there is no where this car can really be driven hard legally and as we know it wants to be driven. The track will be in my future for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

From Bavaria to Italy and back during a 3 day vacation; 1500 miles total
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
JustMpwrd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
drove her up to Santa Barbara (about two hours) late in June. looking for more chances to take her on the road.....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
TRY...M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Heat View Post
Picked The Beast up after the 1,200 mile service and drove her from the Philly area to Anniston, Al. Made sure to drive Skyline Drive on the way down and enjoyed every minute of the driving experience. Total drive was a little more than 2,000 miles.

What I really learned on this trip was that there is no where this car can really be driven hard legally and as we know it wants to be driven. The track will be in my future for sure.

I'd have to disagree. Living in PA there's tons of back roads and long straight aways everywhere. I get to drive my hard everyday. One of the only perks liven in Pennsylvania
Lamborghini-Talk.com: Christian.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
8_is_enough
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 GT3, 18 Macan GTS, 22 X540i

1000 mile round trip...great bonding experience
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #16
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
DC to Columbus, Ohio. 8 hour drive each way. So not that long.
8 hours in the M3 is a great time to be had ☺ I spend some time as a young fellow taking courses in the technology field at one of the electronic suppliers there. Nice area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
I'm ashamed to say that I had a plan to drive to south beach, but I decided not to put the miles on my baby.

I'm so divided, part of me wants to drive it all day, every day, to the beach and back, on road trips...but the other part of me wants to keep my m3 young, clean and fresh.
I hope you don’t continue to think like that, it would be like marring a sexy lady and then not ever (or very seldom) touching her … I know you will enjoy driving your babe once you make a few trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Heat View Post

Picking the car up then driving her home is a wonderful experience. Mind you picking the car up in München at Die Welt and then waiting until the car arrives at home is murder … still nice to drive her fast on the Autobahn.

I know what you mean about not being able to drive her to the very limit except on the track. That is the nice thing about our car it has dual purpose a nice DD or weekend car then when you have the itch one can take her to the track. I like to sling shot past trucks and slow drivers, that is why I like my M so much it’s a great safety slingshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis_m3 View Post
From Bavaria to Italy and back during a 3 day vacation; 1500 miles total
Must have been a wonderful outing. I plan to do that trip nect year or the following year when I plan to purchase a new DD on ED the only thing I fear is the small Italian city streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMpwrd View Post
drove her up to Santa Barbara (about two hours) late in June. looking for more chances to take her on the road.....
I love that coastal Highway 1, drove it twice now back in the 80s in my 535is and last year in my then Z4 35i from LA to Portland (along Highway 1 and 101) … plan to do it again next time will be in my M3 … looking forward to it. I have 2 pictures driving thru the Chandler Drive-Thru Tree, need one more with my M3 they say all good things are three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclee337 View Post
1000 mile round trip...great bonding experience
I find any trip in the M3 adds more and more bounding pleasure.

Having said that ... the weather is nice outside, I shall take my toy to the lake for a spin ...

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #17
GeoXP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 - Space Grey - ZCP

European Delivery...
Drove from Munich through switzerland and over to Italy. Then did the entire southern coast of France, on to Barcelona, San Sebastian and finally Madrid. Ended up being a little over 2,000 miles over 16 days.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #18
GeoXP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 - Space Grey - ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoXP View Post
European Delivery...
Drove from Munich through switzerland and over to Italy. Then did the entire southern coast of France, on to Barcelona, San Sebastian and finally Madrid. Ended up being a little over 2,000 miles over 16 days.
Also squeezed in some side trips during this adventure. Drove the san Bernadino pass and the Cul de Turini while I was there. Not to mention the Autobahn
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #19
youngnastyman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

Houston Texas to Las Vegas Nevada for ///MFEST V!!! 1600 miles each way.. Unfortunately I did not have an M3 at the time just a heavily modded 335i (still pretty fun).

Was quite the trip - drove out there with a caravan of fellow Bimmer fanatics from all around texas. The drive there took us about 2 days since we stopped in New Mexico for some shut ass but on the way back I utilized my 2 copilots and we made the drive back in one shot. Took 24 hours!!!!

So worth it.. Will prob do it again next year.. but this time in the ///M3!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #20
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Bimmerfest East.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #21
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Cool thread. My longest trip was a few months ago when I drove from Minneapolis to Ithaca (2000 miles). My M3 was packed to the brim and I stopped off in Chicago (for japanese food) and overnight in Toledo, Ohio. I absolutely loved the trip.

Couple of pictures from my navigation screen and a rest area in New York.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #22
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
European Delivery...
My next car will be a ED have not made up my mind what it will be yet, it will replace our DD will most likely be a convertible Benz or Bimmer … Have made many a trips to Europe always in rented cars (mostly VW and Opel’s). Next one will be in a good car we also plan on Italy and Spain as well as France then back to Germany. Next year or the year after.

Quote:
Also squeezed in some side trips during this adventure. Drove the san Bernadino pass and the Cul de Turini while I was there. Not to mention the Autobahn
Side trips are always fun, I tend to stay clear of the Autobahn. Back roads are the ticket do see the land and taste the good food … naturally the odd side trip to the Autoban must be included ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnastyman View Post
Houston Texas to Las Vegas Nevada for ///MFEST V!!! 1600 miles each way.. Unfortunately I did not have an M3 at the time just a heavily modded 335i (still pretty fun).

Was quite the trip - drove out there with a caravan of fellow Bimmer fanatics from all around texas. The drive there took us about 2 days since we stopped in New Mexico for some shut ass but on the way back I utilized my 2 copilots and we made the drive back in one shot. Took 24 hours!!!!

So worth it.. Will prob do it again next year.. but this time in the ///M3!
You will have so much fun doing it in your own M3 you will see …

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNate View Post
Bimmerfest East.
I’ll try to make it next year sounds like a barrel of fun. Speaking of Jeremy Clarkson, I’m waiting for season 17 … have all the other seasons great show ... kinda fun to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
Cool thread. My longest trip was a few months ago when I drove from Minneapolis to Ithaca (2000 miles). My M3 was packed to the brim and I stopped off in Chicago (for japanese food) and overnight in Toledo, Ohio. I absolutely loved the trip.

Couple of pictures from my navigation screen and a rest area in New York.
Cool trip nice color you picked. Enjoy your next trip

Appreciate 0