BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

01-26-2015, 06:20 AM   #1
windymiller
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Brake warning and sensor issue

I recently picked up a 2007 E92 M3 with both front and rear brake warning lights on, but what appear to be brand new discs and pads fitted all round, hence taking a gamble as the price was right...

I'd assumed it may just be the wear sensors but I removed both the front ones yesterday and they appear new too - do the sensors 'wear through' or something?

Anyway, the plan was just to replace the sensors but as the ones fitted appear new I wondered if I could reset/reuse them somehow? I've tried the odometer-stalk reset procedure and it shows 'reset' but then returns the mileage to ------ and brings the warning back.

Is there a dealer reset that can be done?

As a worst case I'll just replace the wear sensors but I can't understand why perfectly good ones can't be reused - is there some kind of logic within them so the ECU knows I'm just reconnecting the old ones instead of new ones?

Clever things modern cars!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 06:55 AM   #2
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Have you tried to reset the service warning from the computer? It might just be that. Check out you tube for some how to videos. Its a combo of pushing and holding the odo reset button when the car is on before you put your foot on the brake to get to the service menu.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 0