BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Mporium BMW

08-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
BMW of FFX - competitive tire pricing

Just wanted to pass the word - BMW of FFX has competitive tire pricing (which is news to me)

Got a flat tire Sunday night and had BMW Assist tow my car to BMW of FFX. So I'm thinking this is going to be a big repair bill since BMW of FFX tire service/replacement is expensive. As it turns out, BMW of FFX has lowered their costs and have made themselves more competitive. For example, in 2010 I had all four tires replaced which cost me ~$2100 at FFX (I know, I know, that is too much)

Now It will be around ~$1450 which is on almost on par with Indy's such as Curry's Auto Service which offers Tire Rack prices (plus labor, balance, etc). In sum, I just wanted to pass the word - that BMW of FFX has competitive tire pricing now.

Keep in mind, the price above are for 19'' Conti's ExtremeContact DWs for a M5. But it applies to all BMWs.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 08-14-2012 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

it's good to know. I am getting my tires from Curry's as the guys have been very nice and been helpful.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
besiktas
Ultimate Driver for the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

I think they lost me when they told me, 3 years ago, that after what they call "negotiations", their final price offer for my M3 order was what they called a "bottom low". however i bought the car from passport literally 5k, freakin 5k, lower than FFX's best offer. Even though bmw FFX is right by my work, i have no trust to those guys, and try to stay away.

BMW M3 E92 - Silverstone II
BPM Sport Stage II Tune + Test Pipes, GTS DCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by besiktas View Post
I think they lost me when they told me, 3 years ago, that after what they call "negotiations", their final price offer for my M3 order was what they called a "bottom low". however i bought the car from passport literally 5k, freakin 5k, lower than FFX's best offer. Even though bmw FFX is right by my work, i have no trust to those guys, and try to stay away.
Sorry for your troubles. I know people have had mixed experiences with FFX. I've been going there since 2009 and haven't had issues. Then again, I have learned to only deal with certain SAs and techs.

I can't speak for anyone in sales though. I will say their extended warranty salesman gave me a superb deal that beat out all other BMW dealers in the area.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by besiktas View Post
I leased an E83 there once. They are owned by a corporate chain (SONIC, maybe) and they play all the games auto dealers like to play about price. I got a fair deal but had to go hard to get it, and they were not honest about their costs and back-end money. Since then I always go to Passport, tell them how much over invoice I'm willing to pay, and get a yes or no answer.

I actually think the service department is pretty good. I quit using them because, when I bought an E83 there, they flat-out promised I would always get free loaners from the service department, but then when the economy slipped a little (and it's not like it really slipped much around here), they got stingy with them. I understand why they did it -- they're in business after all -- but I have options, so they lost a little bit of service business from me. I'm sure their finance guys never noticed, LOL.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasham View Post

I actually think the service department is pretty good. I quit using them because, when I bought an E83 there, they flat-out promised I would always get free loaners from the service department, but then when the economy slipped a little (and it's not like it really slipped much around here), they got stingy with them. I understand why they did it -- they're in business after all -- but I have options, so they lost a little bit of service business from me. I'm sure their finance guys never noticed, LOL.
I always get loaners from them - then again, I only deal with certain SAs and let them know in advance. But even in emergencies, I've always got one.

There was a period of time, like you mentioned, that they got stingy but it seems I continue to be lucky.
Appreciate 0