BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

EXXEL Distributions

09-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
PetoM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bug Killa

What's wrong with Musicar NW???

From my research on aftermarket Audio options, Musicar NW seems to be one of the best in NW. They're also super helpful when answering questions and they go deep in explanations. I did gain belief that they are honest and want to provide you with quality stuff.

However, their response times are definitely hurting their business. I had to ping them several times over e-mail (note giving them few days to a week time to respond each time). So after they didn't respond for three weeks, I give them a call, I talked to Ken, again he's super helpful, explaining everything in detail, we finalized the setup I will go for and he was supposed to e-mail me the paypal invoice order right after. Again, one day, two days no response. I call again. talk to John, he's apologizing and promising he'll take care of it. And it has been over a week since then and I've heard nothing.

I don't understand . I'm to the point I don't even want to order from them... . I've also read people having similar experiences on forums.
      09-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

That's really weird. I'm sure they're not overflowing with business. Sounds like a bunch of lazy asses.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
PetoM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
That's really weird. I'm sure they're not overflowing with business. Sounds like a bunch of lazy asses.
Yeah, on one side they're great, on the other their hurting their business. However, I did get reach out from them after I posted here and went through the invoice part. So fingers crossed.
      09-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
spotshooter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

None of this surprises me. Caveat Emptor my friend.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
PetoM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Went for the Level III system. It sounds amazing, super clean and you can hear tones that you couldn't before. I'm very happy about what Musicar NW had to offer. The install was stellar, the whole install took around 6 hours for 3 installers on and off, install and tune up. It looks stock.

I went for rear retain for cost reasons and added a DSP instead. The rear speakers were left for parking sensors and are down-tuned otherwise, so it makes me desire to have a sound come from behind. However, they made it sound like there's a center channel and it does sound great. I highly recommend this, BMW's EPS is nowhere near this in terms of sound quality, though if you don't mind spending extra $, it might be worth going EPS first, to get wiring setup and then upgrade with Level III.

Here's some pics from the install:
Attached Images

09-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
kerrit
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red e90 M3

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
2014 M5 CP  [0.00]
jealous! I am not impressed with the stock EPS at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrit
jealous! I am not impressed with the stock EPS at all.
All you need is a bass upgrade.

2x Earthquake SWS-8 under the seats
1x JL10w6v3 d4 in trunk
1x JL HD600/4
1x Technic LC2i Harness
Custom trunk enclosure

Total cost in the neighborhood of $1500 and you can install yourself easily, I'm waiting on technics harness to arrive as we speak.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Nice work! I bet it sounds excellent. The new wheels look great too.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
PetoM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Nice work! I bet it sounds excellent. The new wheels look great too.
Thanks, I love the stealthy black & space grey combo and the wheels just fit that.
      09-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
kyleblix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2012 Audi Q5  [0.00]
E90 M3  [0.00]
Looks like a pretty clean install.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
JuzMe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X4; E92 M3

Hi PetoM3, if you don't mind sharing, can you please let us know what brand, power, etc of new set you installed? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
dmppdx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetoM3 View Post
Went for the Level III system. It sounds amazing, super clean and you can hear tones that you couldn't before. I'm very happy about what Musicar NW had to offer. The install was stellar, the whole install took around 6 hours for 3 installers on and off, install and tune up. It looks stock.

I went for rear retain for cost reasons and added a DSP instead. The rear speakers were left for parking sensors and are down-tuned otherwise, so it makes me desire to have a sound come from behind. However, they made it sound like there's a center channel and it does sound great. I highly recommend this, BMW's EPS is nowhere near this in terms of sound quality, though if you don't mind spending extra $, it might be worth going EPS first, to get wiring setup and then upgrade with Level III.

Here's some pics from the install:
Are those the new michelin PS A/S 3s? If so, how do you like them?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
PetoM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmppdx View Post
Are those the new michelin PS A/S 3s? If so, how do you like them?
Yeah. They're great so far, Seattle hasn't got to 24/7 rainy season yet, but from what I've experienced so far they keep really good grip on wet roads.

I also changed the wheels 18" -> 19" at the same time so it's hard to compare driving experience difference due to the tires though...
      09-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
PetoM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuzMe View Post
Hi PetoM3, if you don't mind sharing, can you please let us know what brand, power, etc of new set you installed? Thanks
I'd rather not to, since they do spend time & effort picking & testing the equipment they install. Reach out to them, their pricing is competitive IMO. Actually it might be less than the price they have posted online, it was $400 less for me and they even threw in better underseat woofers for free.