BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

02-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #133
BMWxM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 AW/BB DCT '10

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesummer View Post
So how was the first school day with the car?
i cant drive it to school yet.. im only a sophmore. In my school you cant get a parking spot till your at least a junior..... but i dont have my license yet... i have to drive with my parents.. not that i mind haha

----2008 SSII e90 M3 6MT-----GONE
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #134
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWxM View Post
i cant drive it to school yet.. im only a sophmore. In my school you cant get a parking spot till your at least a junior..... but i dont have my license yet... i have to drive with my parents.. not that i mind haha
wow, that sucks about the parking spot, your a sophomore ?? you don't have your license ? why would your parents buy you a car if you don't have a license yet ? you got a car while having your permit ??? i so hate you right now lol
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 01:38 AM   #135
hankit
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Wow..what a gift...but like many others has said...be very careful..with it..
Most of us have seen the first ever M3 went flip and through the house pic......

BE nice, drive safe, and LOOK...Enjoy your ride!

LET ME SHIFT *CLICK CLICK*
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #136
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

WTF, you are a lucky mofo. lol

I wish my parents are loaded like yours.

congrat on the gift dude. drive safe.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #137
kemiksiz
Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW

This is so wrong.. Such a gift will took their precious child away from them .. I'm sorry but its a FACT.. Dude, please drive safe and do not lose yourself in that car .. I wouldnt like to see you in a sad situation..

Peace..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #138
unique
SiDeWaYz
Rep
Drives: M3

my birthday coming up, im getting a bugatti
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #139
BMWxM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 AW/BB DCT '10

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
wow, that sucks about the parking spot, your a sophomore ?? you don't have your license ? why would your parents buy you a car if you don't have a license yet ? you got a car while having your permit ??? i so hate you right now lol
Yeah.. it sucks... but i think ill get over it haha. In PA you have to have your permit for 6 months in order to get your license. i think driving with my parents for a while is a good thing though. As for me being a sophmore, i am kinda young for my grade... but not the youngest by far

thanks

----2008 SSII e90 M3 6MT-----GONE
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #140
badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
You're very mature for your age and you have great parents. Congratulations on both and enjoy!
      02-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #141
gixxer_kidd
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
Congrats. Just like everyone else said, respect the car and you'll be fine. Keep a cool head. You don't have to race everyone who rides your bumper or revs next to you.

I would say join BMW CCA and take some driving schools if you get a chance. I believe they offer some defensive driving courses as well. I thought I was a good driver until my first school where I quickly learned what a bad driver I was.

And most importantly enjoy the awesome ride! =)
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #142
Canyon Junkie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

You should de-badge it. I did it to mine and so many fewer people try and get me to race since they aren't sure what it is.

It's modest, too.
      02-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #143
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWxM View Post
thanks guys.. im debating on going to one of the driving schools... and i do realize that this is the one time i will get something handed to me... also im pretty good under peer presure... no worries there
Wow, I hope you are an ambitious kid, because your folks just instilled in you some pretty pricy taste. Moving up from the M3 for your next car will be difficult, short of spending 90k. Moreover I hope you can truly appreciate it.

Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #144
650kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 GT3RS

congrats on the ride man. got my 6 when i was 16, just traded it in (end of lease) n picked up my M. Just be aware of everyone around you. just because it doesnt seem like it bothers people, you have to know that no matter what its bothering someone. Be humble and soft spoken about it, it makes people see that you understand the true privilege that it is. Im sure you know how powerful and dangerous the car is after spending less than 5 minutes in it so i dont think you need to hear the same spoiled kids in fast cars schpeel, gets repetitive but just remember it. enjoy the car man use it well. make sure u bust ur ass in school, make that your job while ur dads making the payments (thats my deal lol). Last thing....there's gonna be those times where you may get some shit for it so just remember the phrase...hi hater
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #145
GnokGnik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997 C2S

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but it's such a bad idea on so many levels...it is extremely dangerous, not financially responsible, not even useful for you yet, etc.

It wasn't even a choice for you. Your parents surprised you with a 415hp beast before you even have your license or a place to drive it to. LOL.

I am about your age and I would honestly settle for a slower, less expensive car with some $$$ for tuition and living expenses...if I had the choice.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #146
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnokGnik View Post

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but it's such a bad idea on so many levels...it is extremely dangerous, not financially responsible, not even useful for you yet, etc.

It wasn't even a choice for you. Your parents surprised you with a 415hp beast before you even have your license or a place to drive it to. LOL.

I am about your age and I would honestly settle for a slower, less expensive car with some $$$ for tuition and living expenses...if I had the choice.
If his parents can splurge an M3 for his 16th birthday, it's pretty safe to conclude that they will have more than enough to cover his tuition and living expenses, all the way up to a professional degree.
      02-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #147
RCArce01
Negative, Ghost Rider.
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnokGnik View Post

I'm 18, and honestly as much as I would love an M3 like that... I probably would take that and trade it in for a basic 3 series or even an Audi A4/A3. The biggest problem is your parents are HUGELY enabling you, and now you don't know what it's like to work for anything. I love M cars and just BMW's in general, but I know the delayed gratification I will get from waiting 4-5 years before I can purchase one on my own will make it sooo much more satisfying and rewarding. Plus by then I will be somewhat more mature and experienced in all aspects of driving. It's not your fault, I just don't understand this kind of parenting at all, that's just ridiculous and completely unnecessary.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #148
RCKe90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 (soon)

OP...no offense, but your parents are indeed idiots on SO many levels.

Let's hope you outsmart them and prove the naysayers wrong.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #149
RBP AW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335i MT

Not that any of you are haters but . . .
Don't listen to the haters, make good choices, appreciate the mechanical piece of art that you own. Most importantly remember that you are responsible for yourself, your actions and an "investment" that costs more than what many people on this earth will make in a lifetime.

every experience amounts to what you make of it, and this is no exception. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #150
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCArce01 View Post

I'm 18, and honestly as much as I would love an M3 like that... I probably would take that and trade it in for a basic 3 series or even an Audi A4/A3. The biggest problem is your parents are HUGELY enabling you, and now you don't know what it's like to work for anything. I love M cars and just BMW's in general, but I know the delayed gratification I will get from waiting 4-5 years before I can purchase one on my own will make it sooo much more satisfying and rewarding. Plus by then I will be somewhat more mature and experienced in all aspects of driving. It's not your fault, I just don't understand this kind of parenting at all, that's just ridiculous and completely unnecessary.
Yep, if my parents showed up with an F430 when I was 16 I would have instantly been on my way to the Toyota dealership to trade it for a Prius.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #151
RCKe90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBP AW View Post
Not that any of you are haters but . . .
Don't listen to the haters, make good choices, appreciate the mechanical piece of art that you own. Most importantly remember that you are responsible for yourself, your actions and an "investment" that costs more than what many people on this earth will make in a lifetime.

every experience amounts to what you make of it, and this is no exception. Congrats!
Oh boy...allow me to tear you apart.

Haters? Yea, "make good choices" Great advice! OP is 16 and I'm sure he knows right from wrong because he has had what, 1 or 2 months of driving experience?

Responsible for himself? WTF does that mean? Does he even know the definition of responsibility? He is still experiencing puberty.

And finally, a car is the WORST investment anyone can make. Nothing depreciates faster!

OK, I'm done
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #152
RCKe90
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Yep, if my parents showed up with an F430 when I was 16 I would have instantly been on my way to the Toyota dealership to trade it for a Prius.
LoL

Let's face it, no 16yr would return ANY car. The fault here is all on the parents. The OP is innocent and doesn't know any better.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #153
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

hey congrats!!! i just turned 16 myself last week. i know what your going through right now with the whole criticism thing. just don't make a big deal about your car to other people, and don't make a big deal when people question your parents decision. i get so much stuff at work it is not even funny. the funny thing is that i used to motocross myself too! congrats! i just wanted to share because i found it ironic..

Last edited by mpower03; 02-10-2009 at 10:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #154
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
hey congrats!!! i just turned 16 myself last week. i know what your going through right now with the whole criticism thing. just don't make a big deal about your car to other people, and don't make a big deal when people question your parents decision. i get so much stuff at work it is not even funny. the funny thing is that i used to motocross myself too! congrats!
Over an M coupe? Yawn.
Appreciate 0