BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-21-2007, 07:02 AM   #23
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
But why? Who the fuck are they to tell us that we cant put that brabus exhuast on our SL, or lower that e92 on KW's, VF engineering super charge our M3, put HRE, iForged, DPE, BBS, or whatever wheels on, or whatever else quality mods are out their. If they expect cars to be TOTALLY stock in cali then the entire CA police adminstration can take my cat-back and fuck themselves with my tips. If this is the case then FUCK CALI POLICE

Nice 'tude there skippy.

Do you know why carrying a gun is illegal? See, it's not actually the "carrying" the gun part that society is worried about. But statistical evidence suggests that if you're carrying one, there is a good chance that you feel the need to use it. It is also a fairly proven fact that you can't actually fire a weapon that you don't have...

Street racing is a crime - and not a victimless crime either. Innocent people get hurt and killed. Even when it's only the morons who are racing that get killed (good riddance), it costs taxpayers a LOT of money to clean up the mess.

Someday, if you ever become a responsible adult (small liklihood I know) you might understand that you're not entitled to have your fun at the expense of others.

I think in SoCal they have no choice but to be very tough on these issues.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #24
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I read the article, I have little sympathy.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #25
hwrdcur
Auto Sales at Cabral Dodge Chrysler Jeep
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Convertible

SMASH EM!!! It's stupid for them to spend 10k in mods on a freakin civic or Acura. It may be fast but it won't last.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #26
DCJAX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

Crushed? seems stupid, why not impound/auction?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 10:01 AM   #27
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJAX View Post
Exactly.

Not that I condone this illegal street racing scene, but smathing these cars is just ridiculous. I realize there would be concern that the kids could buy them back somehow, thus lessening the emotional impact of the punishment. But, come on, police auctions exist for a reason - so that we don't destroy millions of dollars worth of perfectly good merchanise needlessly. There has to be a better solution than what they are doing now. Maybe force the kids to work selling these parts and cars for no wage on some sort of work release program. That way they are incarcerated and giving back to community. The city could use part of the profits toward starting a campaign geared at educating about the dangers of street racing.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 11:07 AM   #28
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

Quote:
Hoang said he was caught late last year racing his prized car, on which he spent at least $10,000 to get into top shape. The 350-horsepower engine topped out at 160 mph, Hoang said, swearing it could beat a Corvette or even a Ferrari.
Oh god. His car deserved to be crushed just for that statement.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 12:01 PM   #29
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJAX View Post
They can't auction stolen goods.
      06-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #30
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Here's what can happen when this gets taken too far:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/canadian...fied-cars.html

I don't think we should stop there though - lets knock down their houses and burn all their other possessions too.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #31
chbrules
MSVConrad++
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i | E92 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Exactly.

Not that I condone this illegal street racing scene, but smathing these cars is just ridiculous. I realize there would be concern that the kids could buy them back somehow, thus lessening the emotional impact of the punishment. But, come on, police auctions exist for a reason - so that we don't destroy millions of dollars worth of perfectly good merchanise needlessly. There has to be a better solution than what they are doing now. Maybe force the kids to work selling these parts and cars for no wage on some sort of work release program. That way they are incarcerated and giving back to community. The city could use part of the profits toward starting a campaign geared at educating about the dangers of street racing.
Firstly, parts on the cars are stolen. Secondly, use your head; do you want the same damn rice rockets back on the street in the hands of some new idiot or the original owners to cause trouble again?
      06-21-2007, 06:37 PM   #32
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Nice 'tude there skippy.

Someday, if you ever become a responsible adult (small liklihood I know) you might understand that you're not entitled to have your fun at the expense of others.

I think in SoCal they have no choice but to be very tough on these issues.
And where in my statement did I say that I was using brabus exhuasts, KW coilovers, DPE wheels, VF superchargers, and other mods to "have my fun at the expense of others.'' Wow I didnt know that modding a car ment having fun at the expense of others. Perhaps you should have made it clear that you meant street racing is having fun at the expense of others, not modding.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 08:38 AM   #33
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chbrules View Post
Firstly, parts on the cars are stolen. Secondly, use your head; do you want the same damn rice rockets back on the street in the hands of some new idiot or the original owners to cause trouble again?
They crush even the non-stolen ones. They crush ones that are impounded for illegal racing too.

And - like I said - they could part out the cars. Donate the the chassis to a high school for educational purpose.

Bottom line - trashing perfectly good stuff is not smart. Its a power trip thing - plain and simple. They'd rather see the looks on the kids faces than see the cars put to good use.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #34
Slke46
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

Its crazy, but I see what their point is. It will ensure these rockets have proper installed parts and hopefully cut down on stolen cars which are chopped for their mods.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #35
rpa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: waiting for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Bottom line - trashing perfectly good stuff is not smart. Its a power trip thing - plain and simple. They'd rather see the looks on the kids faces than see the cars put to good use.

I think it's more along the lines of "making an example of" than it is a power thing.

I mean, if you impound and auction off the cars it doesn't make anywhere near the statement that crushing/destroying the cars.

I personally think that crushing the cars is MUCH more of a deterrent to illegal street racing than simply auctioning off the parts.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #36
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpa View Post
I think it's more along the lines of "making an example of" than it is a power thing.

I mean, if you impound and auction off the cars it doesn't make anywhere near the statement that crushing/destroying the cars.

I personally think that crushing the cars is MUCH more of a deterrent to illegal street racing than simply auctioning off the parts.
+1, in addition, if you auction off the "mod" cars, how is the community safer if the "mod" car is on the road again.

But this "crushing" is more a campagin and propaganda, let's see how long this lasts.
      06-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #37
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

2 Americans lose their Vettes in Toronto

It starts..... 2 Americans losts their Corvettes....

Now instead of a ticket, you get a ticket, go to jail and lose your car

http://torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2007/06/22/4280849-sun.html

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/227997