BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

10-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #67
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonwilbs View Post
Agree with these posts. I also think when you used language like 'pathetic' and 'waste of time' with SCS, they gave up on communicating with you. You can't browbeat self-respecting people into submitting. You have to see both sides. Also understand that the customer is not the bottom line. Just like car owners have choices of dealerships, so do dealerships have many customers to choose from. It doesn't really matter how they treat you or their reputation; BMWs practically sell themselves. They probably won't miss you.
Just for the record, Paul called and left a vmail only after I took action and posted on the internet. Likewise, my sales guy has also contacted me to attempt to salvage the relationship. Any reasonable person knows that their customer service in this instance was pathetic - perfect adjective for it.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #68
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis_m3 View Post
I think you're over reacting just a little... was it really worth it to ruin such good relationship with your SA?
The SA wasn't really involved. She has actually been excellent - Becca is her name. She tried to get me the full amount but the SM and GM did the wrong thing. I'll miss her, but when she gets overruled by people with no send of customer service anyway, what's the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivorocks View Post
Bobby Rahal

Took delivery of my first BMW two weeks ago and the buying experience couldn't have been any better. They were the furthest from me at 2 hours (A&L being closest at 45 min). I will return to Rahal's for any future purchase without hesitation.

Hope this can be helpful, even if not service related
Appreciate it - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
I understand that you terminated your relationship with said dealer, but did you take the $35.15?
I told Paul that if he wants to do the right thing he can send my father in law a check for the full amount. I don't know what they plan to do, and at this point, I don't care.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #69
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
"Do you know who I think I am?"

You sound like you have a fulfilling life OP.
So do you based on your shit posts here. Thanks for another lackluster contribution.

Thanks for bumping the thread!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #70
Jblack4083
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M3 JB/CB

Quote:
Sounds like you overreacted and very much contributed to the end of your relationship with SCS. He responded to your request with what he thought was reasonable science and offered to meet you halfway (50%). You really forced a bad interaction when you said his offer was pathetic and a waste of your time. You probably could have recovered all your money if you played it cool and worked it out with them. We all know dealers can be d*ckheads, but so can customers.
Also there was no need for OP to "inform" the dealership that he is an "important customer".
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #71
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post
Also there was no need for OP to "inform" the dealership that he is an "important customer".
Well when the whole management structure has changed and you can't even get them to call you, I think it is important. Also, all customers *should* be important, but unfortunately, that is not the reality.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #72
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OP sounds like a completely unreasonable customer with an inflated ego. It's so glaringly obvious in multiple places in his post (and apparently he's not trolling.) The dealer's offer was more than fair. OP responds to a nice gesture on the part of the dealer and writes a two page rant on the internet expecting commiseration. Sometimes I'm not sure what planet some other people live on or how they get on in life with such a lack of self awareness.
That's hilarious considering I work in customer service. I don't have an ego, and I never expect any special treatment. But I do complain loudly when basic customer service is not provided.

Explain how the offer was fair when they failed to do the simple job of securing an oil filter. Who was responsible for the oil leak that was present from the time they touched the car?

I'm not expecting commiseration, I know there are tons of tools out there like you that simply come on here to talk shit.

BTW - the thread is on the first page of google when you search for "sewickley car store". Thanks for another bump!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #73
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You cannot prove with any certainty whatsoever that they failed to secure the oil filter. You have not driven the car another 5000 miles, have you? Perhaps re-tightening the filter is a false finding and the underlying cause has yet to be revealed.
This isn't a court of law, it is a car dealership and a $70 problem. What is the more likely scenario - that I am sacrificing my integrity and covering up an issue over $70 I don't need, or that they simply did not tighten the oil filter?

LOL - so you want me to now assume that another BMW dealership has screwed up, and that my father in law is delusional and the oil leak has in fact not stopped after both he and the dealership in CT report it has. Yah that's a great argument fella if you ignore the facts.

Quote:
Basically you went to a dealership demanding special treatment for being "important" and demanded they pay an invoice for work done at another shop 5000 miles after their original service.
No I didn't. What happened is my wife sent the invoice for her father. They say they will cover half with no explanation. I ask for a phone call and get their "explanation". I ask for a phone call. I get another email stating the same illogical thing. My point to them was simply that I cannot believe you would treat an important customer this way, let alone anyone. Perhaps that is lost in the original post, perhaps you don't care - I know I don't. As I have stated the car leaked oil the entire time at a slow rate and was first discovered after about 1k miles. Father in law chose to monitor to see if it was just a messy oil change - talking 1-2 drips a day. He was travelling across the country and was not coming back to PA, so there was no opportunity to bring them the car.

Again, how does an oil filter loosen itself? This is comical at this point.

Quote:
Basically they dealership manager said, "you're full of shit and annoying, but here's half so you'll go away." Instead of being happy that you were able to get $35 out of being a douche, you decided to prove the point with this thread. Commendable. Maybe working in customer service you deal with such a concentrated population of annoying complainers that you have come to expect that as the norm for yourself?
hahahaha. You are funny, I'll give you that. He offered the $35 before I started being a douche - I know reading can be difficult.

I've dealt with every kind of customer in my career, and a lot of small people like you too. When I'm working, I treat them all like royalty and I bust my ass to solve their problems.

Quote:
As for your current success with Google, it's a shame that a completely frivolous claims like this can potentially damage a reputation.
Thanks for the bump! If it were frivolous, instead of factual, I'm sure they would have been able to force bimmerpost to remove it by now. Their customer service sucks, and everyone should know that. Thanks for doing your part!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 05:08 PM   #74
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OP I am not an expert but based on this thread I think you might have NPD. It seems you haven't considered for a second that you might have overreacted and are rabidly defending your position. You don't think that maybe you rubbed SCS the wrong way and contributed to the degradation of your long time relationship with them at all? Based on what I've read in this thread, I could understand if you rubbed them the wrong way from the start.
Based on a lot of replies here, I think a lot of people on here are pushovers to be honest. I don't take shit from anyone and I have high standards. If that means I have NPD, then so be it. I'll make sure to run it by my psychologist to be sure though.

Quote:
I'm trying to be realistic here--not idealistic. If you really wanted your money back, a more human interaction on your part would have have been to your benefit. Since you work in customer service you should know, they're people too and it is possible to take 'the customer is always right' too far. As far as being an important customer, you may have inflated your sense of self-importance. BMWs arent cheap and all their customers are bringing them bank, many of them repeat customers like yourself. They offered to meet you half-way when maybe they shouldn't have done anything for you at all. Most people would see that as fair.
Again, since people don't actually read the thread, my initial reaction to them was that I did not find their offer acceptable and I wanted a phone call to discuss it civilly like a normal professional. It was only after repeated emails in response to requests for phone calls that I was done dealing with them. This isn't the first time they've let me down either, so it is a culmination of aggravation. At some point you just say, enough is enough - why bother. If you are in customer service and you can't take someone telling you "not acceptable, call me", then you are in the wrong profession.

I agree with you - I'm clearly not important to them anymore with this new GM. He didn't even bother to return my phone call. This is really the deciding factor in choosing to move on. SM's tend to come and go, but GM's tend to last a little longer.

I still have yet to hear a logical explanation of why they aren't responsible. So your position that "maybe I should get nothing" really makes no sense to me.

Quote:
Finally, you weren't just happy with ending your own relationship with them, which according to you, was important to them, but you had to make this thread and revel as it goes higher in a google search! Wayyyyy overreacting if you ask me. I think it shows a lack of rationality on your part. I think it shows mean spirited vindictiveness. I think maybe that is why you are in this situation to begin with.
Well the google thing is more to needle username11 than anything because he seems like a tremendous tool. Honestly, I was amazed it popped up there the first day.

How is posting a factual account of the scenario irrational? If they had handled the situation properly, which I gave them ample time to do, then they could have avoided my factual posting of the interaction. What situation am I in exactly? Losing $35 and moving on to another dealer with a world class service record? Sounds like an upgrade to me...sounds like I'm cutting out a problem from my life and replacing it with a solution. Just trying to make others aware of what happened to me. As you can see from the responses, there are quite a few members who share my disgust and agree with me.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #75
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
To me it sounds like, Sales Department has a good relationship with you but Service department does not give a crap.....

I am in a similar situation where I live as well. I do not service my car at the dealership I bought it from since I do not think highly of their service.

I take my car into a dealership where I have good relations / experience with service department.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #76
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Based on a lot of replies here, I think a lot of people on here are pushovers to be honest.
I think maybe the thread has run its course. When it comes to soliciting opinions on the internet, one of the most important things to keep in mind is that people are going to differ from you in how they approach a situation involving conflict, how they navigate their way though life's challenges, and indeed just how much value they place on "rightness". And sometimes the differences will be vast.

You're spending a lot of words, and probably time too if I had to guess, defending your position. You're an empassioned business owner who is ethical and probably a really decent fellow. I get it. Heck, I'd happily buy you a beer if we were in a bar right now.

But I feel like things are headed toward even more ugly, more personal name-calling and maybe even posts getting deleted, etc. You've made your decision, you are happy with it, and most importantly, your dignity is still in tact. Let's just sale this one off into the sunset, and walk away smiling.

Can we all agree?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #77
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I think maybe the thread has run its course. When it comes to soliciting opinions on the internet, one of the most important things to keep in mind is that people are going to differ from you in how they approach a situation involving conflict, how they navigate their way though life's challenges, and indeed just how much value they place on "rightness". And sometimes the differences will be vast.

You're spending a lot of words, and probably time too if I had to guess, defending your position. You're an empassioned business owner who is ethical and probably a really decent fellow. I get it. Heck, I'd happily buy you a beer if we were in a bar right now.

But I feel like things are headed toward even more ugly, more personal name-calling and maybe even posts getting deleted, etc. You've made your decision, you are happy with it, and most importantly, your dignity is still in tact. Let's just sale this one off into the sunset, and walk away smiling.

Can we all agree?
You are right on target.

A lot was an overstatement; "some" is more reasonable. Username11 started the personal attacks which is his MO on here. I don't mind taking on Internet tough guys, I think it's funny.

Beers on me!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #78
Jblack4083
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M3 JB/CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Quote:
Well when the whole management structure has changed and you can't even get them to call you, I think it is important. Also, all customers *should* be important, but unfortunately, that is not the reality.
To me it came off as if by informing them of your status you were expecting them to treat you differently.

You said it yourself: all customers are important. Therefore there is not a need for you to inform them of such.

Im not saying you dont have valid reason to be upset. Everyone reacts to things differently and clearly this issue held great importance to you. But still... You cant expect superstar treatment by informing them of your importance or status as a customer.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #79
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are either trolling or insane. Either way very entertaining. Apologies to those that have to deal with you on a regular basis if the latter.
Glad you are entertained, beats being bored. Have a good one chief!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #80
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To me it came off as if by informing them of your status you were expecting them to treat you differently.

You said it yourself: all customers are important. Therefore there is not a need for you to inform them of such.

Im not saying you dont have valid reason to be upset. Everyone reacts to things differently and clearly this issue held great importance to you. But still... You cant expect superstar treatment by informing them of your importance or status as a customer.
Well that is not how it was intended, but if that is how it was interpreted by you, then it is poor writing on my part, or poor comprehension on yours. Either way, and I'm not saying it is the latter, it is largely irrelevant. Even if I leave that out of the exchange, the whole thing goes down the same way. It wasn't introduced until I was already being stonewalled by the sm as an attempt to have him escalate it. The sm refused to call me to discuss the issue despite me making it clear that I was going to walk if he did not address it with me. He chose to send me a dismissive email and offer no further communication or dialogue. So I walked, like I made it clear to him I would.

Again I have never asked for superstar treatment, in fact I don't beat them up on sales or service and am more than reasonable in my offers. I could have purchased my m3 for far cheaper than I did, but I chose to do business with them. Likewise, I have never once asked for anything special from service, just the work to be performed as BMW indicates. That has been too much for them multiple times now, so this is the whip cream on the whole crappy relationship.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #81
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quick update. Just spoke to Ron Kean, my sales guy since 2000 - a total class act as usual. He agreed that this was totally mishandled and apologized to my father in law and me. He will be following up with the relevant parties. So I'll end this thread on that positive note, and will correspond with him on future sales. I'll try out Rahal for service and report back for those local to the area.

Later!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 01:53 AM   #82
thai357sig
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
You are either trolling or insane. Either way very entertaining. Apologies to those that have to deal with you on a regular basis if the latter.
Why the hell are you so concerned about what the OP did? Your responses seems like you have a personal interest in this situation. Get an Eff' n life and stop being a DOUCHE.

The more I read this the more I am inclined to believe those that Side with the dealer are those that usually get bitch slapped alot. And will probably make loyal bitches in prison. The OP tried to resolve his issue diplomatically as possible, was rebuffed on what he saw as a ridiculous offer, asks for direct contact via phone, receives no responses on multiple attempts, and finally decides to take his multiple and what seems to be volumous bussiness elsewhere and in the process reminds they are losing a great and loyal customer. Now what we don't know is- the history the OP has with the service department. Has he had multiple similar complaints? Don't know so basing all of the personal attacks without full knowledge is fuckin idiotic. If the dealer disagree, then here is a wonderful opportunity for them to respond.

Oh, and the ass who made and Internet diagnosis of the OP's mental state is pretty amusing. Give a diagnosis of yourself when you get a chance. I'm sure it will be hilarious. Or let me do it for you: in my expert opinion(as opposed to your "not an expert" declaration, you are probably suffering from terminal "Dumb Ass who cares too much about what strangers say on the Internet syndrome" or what is clinically known as "DAWCTMAWSSOTIS". Tell me I'm wrong.

Sorry for the long drawn out post- it's 3AM and I on Amtrak train to New Orleans, with family.

Last edited by thai357sig; 10-07-2011 at 02:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 02:43 AM   #83
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

you worry too much bro, taking shit from people or not, pride this and that..
if wouldn't even be worth my time bitching about..
i've got bigger problems, like world hunger yada yada..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #84
jeff4598
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C HS, DCT, much Dinan

People have pride and feelings and they also make "economic" decisions. If the OP feels bad dealing with them in the future that is not only his right but subjective in any case. From a logical perspective whatever made the OP feel that it was to his advantage to be such an avid customer MUST have had and can be estimated to add in the future a value well beyond $35. His choice wich to follow.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #85
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
I read this post with interest, and with at first, some degree of sympathy for your situation, until I got to the part that said "I reaffirm that I am an important customer".

I don't doubt that you were mistreated to a certain degree, but really......

My wife and I have purchased many, many BMWs from our local dealer. All of these have been top-of-the-line models - M series, or equivalent (i.e. - the old 4.6is X5...). I would never, EVER, "inform" anyone of my "importance".

Your "importance", is to be determined by your dealer. If for whatever reason, they did not perceive your degree of importance to be sufficient enough to merit that special treatment which you desire, then perhaps the problem lies not just with the dealer... just a thought.

Conversely, is losing a great dealer REALLY worth not just sucking it up for $35? We might wax lyrical forever about the principle of it all, but at the end of the day, perhaps it would be better to simply go over this with the service manager, let it be known that you are not happy with it, and live to fight another day. There is obviously a reason, or reasons for you having purchased so many vehicles from this dealer. Would that not overshadow this recent event?

Just my two cents.
Totally agree!

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #86
Brn2Drive
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I think the OP did the right thing here. I had a similar situation not too long ago with my Infiniti. I had the oil changed at a small goodyear shop and had an oil smell for a month after the oil change. I finally had time to bring it in to the dealer and they told me it was the oil filter seal. Obviously from the last oil change. They had to change the oil ($70) to fix the problem.

I called the goodyear shop from the dealer and the manager instantly said "stop by and i'll refund you the dealer oil change price of $70" - I said thank you and picked up my cash a few days later.

I didn't expect the goodyear to give me $70 after they messed up a $25 oil change but they did! Your dealer should have given you the refund.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #87
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

Hell, customer service must be at the end of businesses priorities lately...

BEST BUY: Was told today they were going to deliver a washer and dryer to my house, paid 1200, so a dryer shows up. Best buy said that the washer could not be deliver to their main store(20 minutes away) for the driver to pick it up and deliver to my house (10 min away). So basically, even though I live 10 minutes from best buy I cannot have my washer the same day I have my dryer because best buy did not tell the driver to pick up my washer on the way when he was delivering my dryer. Then the motherfucker shows up with a dented dryer, WTF SON MEREFASFDAEFAFD

FURNTURE STORE: Ordered 2300 living room/bedroom set, apparently even though we ordered a couch with the right side attachements, they only seem to have picked up the left side and cant even deliver it to me because they do not have the rest of my items. In my mind, I would of delivered the couch at least, so my wife and I are now sitting on the fucking floor watching a gloreous LED tv without any chairs to ease my ASS PAIN

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 12:45 AM   #88
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

at least they offered to pay half the bill... most dealerships wont even entertain the idea. you should have taken their offer.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0