BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #23
knockoutking
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post

Floor the throttle. Note that the throttle must be pushed all the way to the floor enough to click the kick-down indent.
Let go of the gear lever and off you go.
You must keep the throttle all the way to the floor or it will not shift at redline.
Not true, it doesnt have to be pushed down with the indent. Keeping it full throttle or it wont shift at redline...thats good one! Thats completely false. Your gonna make kids wreck their cars by revving up to some crazy rpm and popping the clutch. I came out of a e46 m3 smg that i did lc like it was my job, into a m6 smg and a recently picked up e92 m3 dct. All which are familiar with lc. So i know a little bit to hold my weight in this convo. Im about to post videos if this goes any further.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #24
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockoutking View Post
Steps 3-5-6 are wrong . Dont bash someone when you have no idea what your talking about!!!!! With your foot on the brake it wont let you get it into lc. You need to be on a flat surface with NO ROLLING. You can free rev wherever u want or adjust it to your liking, so that whole 4000 rpm or so speech is nonsense. Letting go of the shifter is what launches the car, not your foot letting go of the brake. That has to be the lamest thing i've ever heard on this forum. Think about what you just said. Letting go of the brake launches the car

Take traction off, switch to s6 mode. Sport button on (optional). Hold the shift knob forward while in first gear WITHOUT touching the brake or the gas and make sure your not rolling. Once the flag pops up on the dash then start pressing on the gas. Flooring the car is not needed, you can free rev to the rpm of your liking. Letting go of the shifter is when the car launches. See the manual to control where to adjust the rpms on lc, then u can floor it and itll stay at whatever rpm you selected until you launch. Until you do that youll have to level it out with the pedal.....
Feel better now? Good!

Only about 5 other people gave the OP the correct steps before you jumped in. I copy/pasted the wrong set of instructions out of another thread because I was a lazy bum and I was trying to get my ass out the door yesterday for dinner. The thread I referenced has the correct sequence. Post 14 has it, I grabbed the wrong post (post 7) in a copy/paste error and posted it. Stupid? Hell yeah. I should have checked what I pasted (that is, read it rather than slapping it in there). Stupid of me not to nothing else to say about it.

But then there's the post I quoted above. All about bashing people while seeming to do a pretty good job of bashing me. And the next one from you taking MysticBlue to task as well. Should I conclude that you think it's okay to bash people if you're the one doing the bashing? I don't know....

Maybe you're just annoyed at the misinformation. Frustrated that the OP got some bad info. Which I could totally understand. But I'm not a fan of how that frustration is being directed. We're all here in good faith trying to help each other and the OP out. Sometimes folks, including me, are in a bit of a cranky mood. It comes out in the tone of the posts. I try to keep a very civil tone but clearly sometime I miss the mark. I haven't seen enough posts from you to know if this is typical or just a "bad day" kind of post. I guess time will tell. As for me, I retracted my cranky post with some humor later in the thread, also acknowledged I was wrong on a couple points.

BTW, take a look at the OP's latest post--which he posted just above your post BTW. He figured it out himself--it turned out to be something simple that none of us (including the OP) caught. So the OP has LC all squared away thanks to his own problem solving skills.

As far as posting a video, I think that's a great idea and I encouraged the OP to film the steps as well. This is a topic that comes up a lot and sometimes seeing is easier than trying to follow written instructions. Plus, lazy ass bozos like me can't copy/paste the wrong thing if we're pointing to a video ('cause the video show it working or not, that simple). Some folks are visual learners. Since there are tons of threads on "how to get it to work" I think a video is a great idea. It would be really cool if you'd do one--I think it would be a great help for the forum.

Last edited by Finnegan; 08-01-2010 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #25
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
yeah i am well over 1250. GOT IT TO WORK. WOOT WOOT..

guys i am retarded after all. but its ok! I thought our dct drivelogic bars went up to 7. So every time I tried the LC I always set the drivelogic to S5 thinking it was S6...

hahahahah oh well. Will try it soon!
Awesome!

Nah, you're not retarded--why do you think there are like a zillion threads on LC? Don't feel bad, it's like I've been saying it's a secret handshake. Hey, now you''re in the secret club! If you have a video camera it might be nice to document it as I have yet to find a "How to use LC for Dummies" Video here on the forum or on the interwebs.

I apologize if I added to your confusion and frustration. I referenced the right thread in my first post, but I see now I copied the wrong instruction set from that thread. Meant to pull them from post 14 there and grabbed post 7. Damn that was a stupid move--should have proofed my work instead of slapping in a lazy cut/paste. I'm really sorry about that.

But it's cool that you were able to figure it out yourself! Meanwhile the drama quotient on this thread sure has gone wild. What a hoot!

Last edited by Finnegan; 08-01-2010 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #26
knockoutking
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Feel better now? Good!

Only about 5 other people gave the OP the correct steps before you jumped in. I copy/pasted the wrong set of instructions out of another thread because I was a lazy bum and I was trying to get my ass out the door yesterday for dinner. The thread I referenced has the correct sequence. Post 14 has it, I grabbed the wrong post (post 7) in a copy/paste error and posted it. Stupid? Hell yeah. I should have checked what I pasted (that is, read it rather than slapping it in there). Stupid of me not to nothing else to say about it.

But then there's the post I quoted above. All about bashing people while seeming to do a pretty good job of bashing me. And the next one from you taking MysticBlue to task as well. Should I conclude that you think it's okay to bash people if you're the one doing the bashing? I don't know....

Maybe you're just annoyed at the misinformation. Frustrated that the OP got some bad info. Which I could totally understand. But I'm not a fan of how that frustration is being directed. We're all here in good faith trying to help each other and the OP out. Sometimes folks, including me, are in a bit of a cranky mood. It comes out in the tone of the posts. I try to keep a very civil tone but clearly sometime I miss the mark. I haven't seen enough posts from you to know if this is typical or just a "bad day" kind of post. I guess time will tell. As for me, I retracted my cranky post with some humor later in the thread, also acknowledged I was wrong on a couple points.

BTW, take a look at the OP's latest post--which he posted just above your post BTW. He figured it out himself--it turned out to be something simple that none of us (including the OP) caught. So the OP has LC all squared away thanks to his own problem solving skills.

As far as posting a video, I think that's a great idea and I encouraged the OP to film the steps as well. This is a topic that comes up a lot and sometimes seeing is easier than trying to follow written instructions. Plus, lazy ass bozos like me can't copy/paste the wrong thing if we're pointing to a video ('cause the video show it working or not, that simple). Some folks are visual learners. Since there are tons of threads on "how to get it to work" I think a video is a great idea. It would be really cool if you'd do one--I think it would be a great help for the forum.

First off stop crying, get a tissue and sit down and relax. I wasnt bashing you. I was just treating you the way you treated others. I was brought up on "don't dish out what your not ready to receive back". So therefore its fine to bash you in my eyes because you were dishing it to others. I didnt randomly start bashing you and pick someone to lash out on. I was also raised on the "believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see". Speak from experience or don't speak at all. Just because someone turns thoughts into text it doesnt make fiction turn into fact. Im not mad or aggravated, and if you feel you need to take frustration out on the forums then your a clown. I just feel bad because i dont want this guy destroying his car off misinformation...thats all. I singled people out on purpose so he would see what steps not to do! Not to embarrass you. Im not interested in your apologies, jokes, or whatever your trying to suggest. I could care less, It doesnt benefit me. Take that somewhere else. Im here to help and offer actual advice that i know works from first hand experience. Not here to help by being a real life google who only pulls a copy and paste from some random persons post/thread who probably did the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #27
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

WOW........ what the hell is going on here lately?? I little too much bickering me thinks. C'mon guys this is not a Mustang, Camaro, or Ricer forum where the average age is 22 and this type of behavior is expected. Maybe we should leave all the sarcasm at the door.... No?
      08-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #28
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

problem solved. End thread. When I get my new camera I will make a video for tards like me. haha

Finnegan- i was following those steps in that thread from before and also I never had the car in S6. I thought our drive logic bars went up to 7, so I always set it one bar less than full. Than today I was like WTF WTF and I checked literally everything and noticed my drive logic was on setting S5.. haha

ok End thread. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #29
Looper
BEAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92

A couple things I noticed after finally figuring LC out, set the s6 via the button not the idrive, mine only goes up to 5 there and if you are getting a oil level reading your warmed up enough to get into LC mode. I noticed KOK said you can work the throttle in LC and control RPM, not sure but will go try it after lunch, I do remember reading that you can raise or lower the RPM by 500 by using the cruise control stalk on the left side of the wheel, pushing forward raise's and back lowers RPM.... Each bump either way is equal to 100 RPM's........ Keep in mind this is straight out of the supplemental manual so god only knows if its correct.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #30
dentity
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92

So umm all I have to say is....

6mt
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #31
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentity View Post
So umm all I have to say is....

6mt
For Real
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 11:54 PM   #32
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Not true, it doesnt have to be pushed down with the indent. Keeping it full throttle or it wont shift at redline...thats good one! Thats completely false. Your gonna make kids wreck their cars by revving up to some crazy rpm and popping the clutch. I came out of a e46 m3 smg that i did lc like it was my job, into a m6 smg and a recently picked up e92 m3 dct. All which are familiar with lc. So i know a little bit to hold my weight in this convo. Im about to post videos if this goes any further.
You're just wrong. Ignorant. Misinformed. And wrong.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #33
G.R
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E93 M3

I can get to the stage where the flag comes up but am not clear on what happens after.....
Does the gear lever still need to be held at this point or can you let go of it before you start on the throttle?
Does one foot need to be on brake as you floor the accelerator all the way or do you release the brake then accelerate?
      02-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #34
Raustin
Cmd Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Sedan

Quote:
Steps 3-5-6 are wrong . Dont bash someone when you have no idea what your talking about!!!!! With your foot on the brake it wont let you get it into lc. You need to be on a flat surface with NO ROLLING. You can free rev wherever u want or adjust it to your liking, so that whole 4000 rpm or so speech is nonsense. Letting go of the shifter is what launches the car, not your foot letting go of the brake. That has to be the lamest thing i've ever heard on this forum. Think about what you just said. Letting go of the brake launches the car

Take traction off, switch to s6 mode. Sport button on (optional). Hold the shift knob forward while in first gear WITHOUT touching the brake or the gas and make sure your not rolling. Once the flag pops up on the dash then start pressing on the gas. Flooring the car is not needed, you can free rev to the rpm of your liking. Letting go of the shifter is when the car launches. See the manual to control where to adjust the rpms on lc, then u can floor it and itll stay at whatever rpm you selected until you launch. Until you do that youll have to level it out with the pedal.....
You sir, are dead wrong.....if you are doing the above steps in your DCT car you have never experienced Launch Control. The moment you lift your foot from the full "floored" poistion.....LC ends.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #35
knockoutking
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
You're just wrong. Ignorant. Misinformed. And wrong.
Please explain, id love to hear your reason behind that. Your saying you have to be full throttle to shift gears at redline....since when? It lets you shift even if u pass the redline and hit the cut off. I can understand if you were to low of an rpm to upshift...but approaching redline dct wont let you shift without being full throttle? Thats news to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raustin View Post
You sir, are dead wrong.....if you are doing the above steps in your DCT car you have never experienced Launch Control. The moment you lift your foot from the full "floored" poistion.....LC ends.
So in essence your saying if your in lc and you let go of the shifter and take off and decide you want to back peddle the throttle to catch traction after the launch it wont let you do it? That makes no sense, what does the car do...does a message come up on the dash that says that wasnt in the manual and shut off? Now that i re-read my post i didnt realize i had to break it down into even smaller steps and say you dont have to hold it down all through 7 gears. If you want to control it with the toggle you have to mash it to lower it. Or in my case leaving it what lc presets it to and and back pedal instead. Thats what i prefer rather then people like you who feel its necessary to hold the pedal to the floor while waiting to catch traction a week and a day later. Not for nothing this thread was from the past summer...is it that serious to bump from the dead?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #36
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORTDD View Post

That was my first reaction...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #37
tlr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Please explain, id love to hear your reason behind that. Your saying you have to be full throttle to shift gears at redline....since when? It lets you shift even if u pass the redline and hit the cut off. I can understand if you were to low of an rpm to upshift...but approaching redline dct wont let you shift without being full throttle? Thats news to me.

So in essence your saying if your in lc and you let go of the shifter and take off and decide you want to back peddle the throttle to catch traction after the launch it wont let you do it? That makes no sense, what does the car do...does a message come up on the dash that says that wasnt in the manual and shut off? Now that i re-read my post i didnt realize i had to break it down into even smaller steps and say you dont have to hold it down all through 7 gears. If you want to control it with the toggle you have to mash it to lower it. Or in my case leaving it what lc presets it to and and back pedal instead. Thats what i prefer rather then people like you who feel its necessary to hold the pedal to the floor while waiting to catch traction a week and a day later. Not for nothing this thread was from the past summer...is it that serious to bump from the dead?
The entire point of launch control is to let the car's computers figure out the ideal throttle to catch traction then shift in the most optimal way.

Didn't your car come with a manual? Mine did...

Quote:
Launch Control

Launch Control enables you to drive off with an optimal vehicle acceleration on a high grip road surface.

Do not use Launch Control too often, as the higher loads on the vehicle lead to premature component wear.

Launch Control is available when the engine is at operating temperature, i.e. after driving continuously for approx. 6 miles/10 km.
  1. Press the brake while the engine is running.
  2. Deactivate Dynamic Stability Control DSC, refer to page 39.
  3. Select sequential mode with Drivelogic drive program 6.
  4. With the vehicle stationary, press the selector lever forward and hold. A flag symbol appears in the instrument cluster.
  5. Press the accelerator down all the way. The engine speed when driving off is controlled.
  6. If you wish, you can adjust the drive-off engine speed by up to approx. 500 rpm:
    • Increase the drive-off engine speed by approx. 100 rpm: press the lever beyond the resistance point, arrow 1.
    • Decrease the drive-off engine speed by approx. 100 rpm: pull the lever beyond the resistance point, arrow 2.
    • Reset the drive-off engine speed: press the lever upward or downward, arrows 3.
  7. The vehicle accelerates when you release the selector lever. Keep the accelerator pressed all the way down.
  8. The transmission shifts up automatically as long as the accelerator is pressed all the way down.

Launch Control only becomes available again after a certain distance has been driven.

Do not use Launch Control during the vehicle break-in period, refer to page 50.
      04-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #38
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E=mc2 View Post
I wonder what y'all gonna do with the F3X M3 and with its technological complexities.

sigh.
Only C++ programmers will be able to launch. And, a few who are really good with PowerShell.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #39
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

wouldn't be easier for one of you DCT guys to just put up a quick 30 sec video on youtube for this Launch Control?

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #40
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
wouldn't be easier for one of you DCT guys to just put up a quick 30 sec video on youtube for this Launch Control?
Or just
I figured out mine in...maybe...60 seconds. It's not that difficult.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #41
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

I still laugh at the thread title.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #42
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

getting older will do that.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #43
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I still laugh at the thread title.
me too
Appreciate 0