BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

09-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
status38
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

European Delivery - 2011 Le Mans Blue E92

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
The trip was complete chaos and the most fun I've had in my life. We went from Munich - > Stuttgart -> Nurburg -> Brussells -> Amsterdam with a few stops and detours on the side.

Let me also add that I am no journalist, I need to let the pictures do the talking for me! So there is a wall of pictures, and if you close the thread now or just skip over everything I won't be offended! We took well over 3,500 photos during the 10 day trip and I've tried to cull those down to some that people may find interesting.

The album can be found here if you prefer a slideshow: Europe - 2011

Our driver, Rolf mentioned there were some traffic delays for the normal route to the Welt so he took us on a detour that led us to the Schleissheim.

After the factory tour we returned to the Premium Lounge where we got our first glimpse of my new baby!

Rolf (different Rolf!) fires up the turntable and the car begins to spin. Nothing short of breathtaking.

Delivery finally completed after more than a year of plotting! Rolf was a great guy and very knowledgeable. His english was also quite good.

We also met a guy from Bimmerpost who was picking up a 1M the same day. Pics really don't do it justice, the 1M looks much better in person.

The BMW Museum was also very cool, it was closed during my first ED in 2008 so it was nice to finally get to see it. Some of the classic bikes were amazing.

There's definitely no shortage of photo opportunities on the way to Neuschwanstein!

After Neuschwanstein, we stopped by the Dachau Concentration Camp. As morbid as it was, I'm glad we went.

After a very crazy and long night in Munich, we headed to Stuttgart for the Porsche Museum.

After the Porsche Museum we decided to press on for a while more, knowing we needed to be at the Nurburgring in time for our 11AM Ring Taxi ride the next day.

We found a nice hotel in Worms, about an hour and a half from the Ring.

After checking into the Am Tiergarten and noticing you can see the Ring from your room, you know you made the right choice in hotels

Down at the Ring Taxi, we made it!

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
status38
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

On Monday morning before the Ring opened up we met a local named Thomas. He was from Frankfurt and was nice enough to talk a bit about the Ring with us.

He also offered to take me for a lap in his modded 350z, and I was of course more than happy to go along. That morning the track was very wet and he took it pretty slow and gave me a few tips on what to look for.

One other thing Thomas mentioned to me was that some of the photographers you see snapping pictures of you on the Ring actually host websites where they sell the photos.

After scouring the web, I found a nice portal site: http://www.ringportal.nl/en/photography

There I found two pics from our Ring Taxi ride and even a pic from one of my laps!

http://hatzenbachfreak.de/images/sto...2/DSC_0436.jpg

http://highspeedfotos.de/Coppermine/...um=1006&pos=61

The Porsche you see behind us in that pic actually PASSES us eventually. Fritz, our driver (Pretty sure that was his name!) was impressed to say the least and was wondering what tires they had, since the track was so wet. The passenger had a big ridiculous grin and gave us two thumbs up as they passed us, no doubt enjoying the drift show Fritz was putting on.

Fritz definitely wasn't going for time though and when he says "Now let's see how it goes without all of the electronics on!", you know you're about to have some fun!

The Ring's parking lot is just a rotating car show all day.

From one of my laps! Found it here: http://www.tourifotos.de/galerie/alb..._6444.jpg.html

Wait, what's that in the distance?!

A tour bus on the Ring, if it's street legal it can ride! Gotta love this place haha.

This 599 GTO was gathering quite a crowd. Keep note of it and his friend with the Black M3!

During a lap we came across a caution and then eventually discovered it was the M3 and 599! My heart sank at the sight, thinking the 599 wrecked.

Luckily it seemed like only the M3 spun out and his friend in the 599 pulled over to help.

There were some very cool roads in the Nurburg area. We found this one with lots of switchbacks and hairpins going up and down a mountain while we were looking for one of the nearby castles.

It's checkout time, sad to see the Am Tiergarten in the rear view but it was fun while it lasted.

You're not going to drive your new M3 past the BMW M Test Center without stopping for a picture, right?!

We found this on our drive through Brussels, The Atomium!

Ok this deserves some explanation. What you see down there is Mini Europe. From here it doesn't look so bad, right? Soon we would come to find out it was about eleventy billion miles of walking! Maybe it was the fact we were already so beat by the time we got here but it sure felt like forever.

I kid though, as Mini Europe was actually pretty awesome and a fantastic value. We were able to see a lot of things throughout Europe that we definitely did not have time for.

The last I saw of my baby, as I dropped her off in Amsterdam. Already anxiously awaiting re-delivery, she's been booked on the Elektra!

I'd like to thank David Aviles at Northwest BMW for being a great CA and helping to put this together.

I also put together a couple of videos from the trip. Filmed mostly with a GoPro HD, the footage has been sorta mashed together and sped up to keep it interesting. Unfortunately the engine sounds are lost in the process.

Here's a shorter vid:

If you actually liked that one then I made a longer video here:

Last edited by status38; 09-30-2011 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Congratulations on your new wheels, nice car do enjoy and safe travels always

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
redduck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Mineral White ZCP

Awesome, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Great pics! Congrats on the ride!
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Great write-up and wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing here!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
status38
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Congratulations on your new wheels, nice car do enjoy and safe travels always
Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck1 View Post
Awesome, congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Great pics! Congrats on the ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Great write-up and wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing here!
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #8
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Wow! Awesome video's man. You should market your skills! I was fortunate enough to live the European deliver and picked up my M3 while stationed at RAF Lakenheath, UK.

Your video's brought a smile and almost a tear man. Not much can compare to the experiance of driving one of the fastest sedans on the European highways. I drove mine from London, through Germany, Ramstein AFB, Nurburgring, Monte Carlo, Nice, Milan, San Remo, Portofino down to my home town of Civitavecchia outside of Rome on the Med. Made Rome to Switzerland in just 1 day and back to London in 2 days total. Good times!

I can't wait to take another European deliver someday of my next BMW/Maseratti/Ferrari or what ever it will be to relive that experiance.

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 01:52 AM   #9
xquisit
«-·¨¯¯¨·-»
Rep
Drives: 328i / R32 / 1.8T

i enjoyed the pictures and write-up you posted, thanks for sharing and that's a wonderful M3 you got there.
      10-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #10
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Very impressed with the write-up on the ED. Love the pics, love the scenery, and esp Nurburgring!

Nice m3 as well. Good color choice!

I'm still thinking of doing an ED for an e90 or 1M...
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #11
francisyang
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Nice write-up
Are the wheels part of the competition package for 2011? They look different from competition package wheel that I saw earlier... Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 02:55 AM   #12
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Congrats, was a good read!
      10-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #13
status38
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Wow! Awesome video's man. You should market your skills! I was fortunate enough to live the European deliver and picked up my M3 while stationed at RAF Lakenheath, UK.

Your video's brought a smile and almost a tear man. Not much can compare to the experiance of driving one of the fastest sedans on the European highways. I drove mine from London, through Germany, Ramstein AFB, Nurburgring, Monte Carlo, Nice, Milan, San Remo, Portofino down to my home town of Civitavecchia outside of Rome on the Med. Made Rome to Switzerland in just 1 day and back to London in 2 days total. Good times!

I can't wait to take another European deliver someday of my next BMW/Maseratti/Ferrari or what ever it will be to relive that experiance.

Holy crap, thanks! I was actually hesitant to post the videos but now I'm glad I did

I'm definitely jealous of you being able to live over there, I already miss it and would love to live in the Munich area for a few years or maybe forever! They are just doing things very very right over there. From the driving skills to the food to the women haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquisit View Post
i enjoyed the pictures and write-up you posted, thanks for sharing and that's a wonderful M3 you got there.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_m3 View Post
Very impressed with the write-up on the ED. Love the pics, love the scenery, and esp Nurburgring!

Nice m3 as well. Good color choice!

I'm still thinking of doing an ED for an e90 or 1M...
You may want to contact a CA soon then! The e90's will stop soon and I'm not sure what the allocations are like on the 1Ms.

You can't go wrong with either car, but I'm glad I went with the M3. I've always wanted an M3 and to be able to own the one and only V8 M3 makes it even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisyang View Post
Nice write-up
Are the wheels part of the competition package for 2011? They look different from competition package wheel that I saw earlier... Thanks.
They are just the normal Competition Package wheels, they came wrapped in the Continental ContiSportContact 3s for me. At first I was disappointed I didn't get the PS2's or Super Sports, but they seemed to grip very well and made for a smoother ride than my 335 on run flats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Congrats, was a good read!
Thank you sir!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
J-boogey
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi Msport

congrats man LE MANS FTW!!
2013 F30 335i xdrive | Estoril Blue | Black Dakota Leather | Aluminum Hexagon trim | M-Sport | Cold weather | DHP | Premium package | Tech package | Harmon Kardon | PDC | Rearview Cam | IND Painted reflectors | BMW performance grills | JB4 stage 2 | ER downpipe | BMS Intake | H&R sport springs
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #15
EuroCarsOnline
Rep
Drives: BMW Individual M3 Sedan

Wow, what an amazing write-up! You have some skills with the camera too. I'm happy you were able to experience such a great trip. I wish you many years of M3 driving nirvana!

Congratulations,
David
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #16
veightkiller
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Congrats on the new ride!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #17
Rshane
M-Flight Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Congrats. Reminds me of my European Delivery..same color and everything. The only downer for me is it was pouring rain when I drove out of the showroom.

2015 Audi S4 Prestige, Brilliant Black S-tronic
2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #18
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #19
status38
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-boogey View Post
congrats man LE MANS FTW!!
Yes sir! Le Mans FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroCarsOnline View Post
Wow, what an amazing write-up! You have some skills with the camera too. I'm happy you were able to experience such a great trip. I wish you many years of M3 driving nirvana!

Congratulations,
David
Thank you David, and thank you for making the process so painless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veightkiller View Post
Congrats on the new ride!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshane View Post
Congrats. Reminds me of my European Delivery..same color and everything. The only downer for me is it was pouring rain when I drove out of the showroom.
Thanks! My 08 ED was pretty grim outside too, even snowing in the Neuschwanstein area! I was pretty happy to see the weather being a little more forgiving this time around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
mcp202
Private
Rep
Drives: V3 CTS V

Cool video and pix. Brings back memories. I missed the ring and ring taxi this past March when I had my delivery. Munich is definitely an awesome city. My wife and I discuss all the time how much we both would enjoy living there for a few yrs and cant wait to go back
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #21
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

beautiful..thanks for the great coverage..great color too
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #22
BMW BRAD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535d M, F31 328d M

Very nice! Well done........ I hope to do this one day!