BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
marcosebastian
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2011 Space Gray

New M3 owner

Hello everyone, I just purchased a spanking new 2011 Space Gray M3 a few days ago. Upgraded from a black A5. I have a question though, the dealership refused to give me an iPod adapter cable when I got this car fully loaded, does that seem pretty ef'd up (or they don't hand those out with a new M3 fully loaded)? The kid who pulls the cars out to the customers gave me his instead, and thought it was kinda effed up himself. Thanks guys.

Last edited by marcosebastian; 07-06-2011 at 01:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Congrats!

Re the cable: Isn't it just a standard Apple USB connecter? BMW got rid of their own cables and switched to the standard one. I personally prefer this option. I sort of get where they are coming from by telling you to get your own.. It's not really a BMW part.
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: a shitty M3

the cable costs bmw about 2 bucks, yes, that is f'ed up.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
cghempel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totti View Post
Congrats!

Re the cable: Isn't it just a standard Apple USB connecter? BMW got rid of their own cables and switched to the standard one. I personally prefer this option. I sort of get where they are coming from by telling you to get your own.. It's not really a BMW part.
Yes, for 2011 all you need is the standard iPod/USB cable that comes with your iPod. You don't need a fancy BMW cable anymore! I think this is much better than making you use their cable like they did in older models
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
CBS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10535, E90M3, E30M3, E28M5

Garage List
2017 Alpina B6 GC  [0.00]
2014 535xi M Sport  [0.00]
2014 X3 3.5 M Sport  [0.00]
2011 M3 E90  [9.74]
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [7.00]
1990 M3  [9.50]
1988 M5  [10.00]
Strange!

Dealer gave me a cable when I bought my 2008 M3 and again when I bought my 2011 M3. I had no problem. Sorry to hear you had that experience!

ESS VT-1 550 | M24 Oil Cooler | Fall Line Half Cage | RaceTech 4009W | 6 pt Harness | Lifeline Zero 360 Fire Suppression | Rear Seat Delete | Motion Control DA Dampers w/remote reservoirs | 900/650 Hyperco Springs | RD Sport Sway Bars | Brembo 380 BBK | GC Camber Plates | Hoosier R7 | Eisenmann Sport | Stack Gauges | Painted Challenge Front Lip | Painted ZCP Rear Spoiler | Xpel Ultimate Film | LuxAngelEyes
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:38 AM   #6
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Congrats OP. Next time you are at the dealer give the guy his cable back and use your standard iPod cable.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #7
marcosebastian
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2011 Space Gray

Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know I can just use my standard iPod cable! Will give this guy his cable back tomorrow.

Couple other things I need your input on if possible. Tomorrow I'm heading back to the dealership. Basically here's the scoop, bear with me. When I received the car on Friday, my sales person was completely incompetent as far as any BMW product goes. This kid I'm talking about was explaining everything to me as far as the nav, settings etc while she stood there listening, heh. Stuff I could've figured out on my own, but you know, it's kinda nice to get guided a bit before you drive off the dealership.

I was so excited as I waited a couple weeks for this car to arrive, that I didn't bother to ask about setting up my Satellite radio before I drove off the lot. So, I asked the sales girl if I could set it up when I get home, she said yeah, I get a free year. I get home, the car has NO satellite radio installed.

I call the dealership immediately. They're basically apologizing, but at the same time insinuating that's the car I wanted, but super unsure about themselves. I said, I'm pretty sure I know what I wanted. Faxed them a copy of the sheet THEY gave me of the car I wanted from their vehicle locator. Saturday was pretty much me hearing what they were deciding, but given it was a holiday weekend I think the GM wasn't around as much.

So, I told them straight up on the phone, they are the most disorganized dealership I've come across with. On top of that, they didn't put a registration sticker on my car, didn't have my floor mats ready, or my cover that they were going to give me because the car was late as well. I told them they're really lacking in communication, and that I've been completely patient throughout the whole deal, and never gotten angry once.

We'll see what they try to pull off tomorrow, or if they're going to just make it right, and install the Satellite radio in my car and be done with it. We'll see. This dealership is also about a month old, and it's impressive that they're doing the opposite of what they should be doing to impress people. I mean shit, they asked me to fax them a copy of a copy they gave me of the car I wanted, then they said they didn't need it because they found the original. Makes you wonder, and the sales person I was dealing with, I don't know if she got fired because I haven't heard a word from her!

I know it's stupid on my part in a way I didn't check everything was there before driving off, but I explicitly told them what I wanted in the car, and I was insanely excited my baby was here. I have it in writing, and so do they, so I assume that's enough. Sorry, had to vent, any advice would be good. Thanks guys.

Last edited by marcosebastian; 07-06-2011 at 01:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
mazing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosebastian View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know I can just use my standard iPod cable! Will give this guy his cable back tomorrow.

Couple other things I need your input on if possible. Tomorrow I'm heading back to the dealership. Basically here's the scoop, bear with me. When I received the car on Friday, my sales person was completely incompetent as far as any BMW product goes. This kid I'm talking about was explaining everything to me as far as the nav, settings etc while she stood there listening, heh. Stuff I could've figured out on my own, but you know, it's kinda nice to get guided a bit before you drive off the dealership.

I was so excited as I waited a couple weeks for this car to arrive, that I didn't bother to ask about setting up my Satellite radio before I drove off the lot. So, I asked the sales girl if I could set it up when I get home, she said yeah, I get a free year. I get home, the car has NO satellite radio installed.

I call the dealership immediately. They're basically apologizing, but at the same time insinuating that's the car I wanted, but super unsure about themselves. I said, I'm pretty sure I know what I wanted. Faxed them a copy of the sheet THEY gave me of the car I wanted from their vehicle locator. Saturday was pretty much me hearing what they were deciding, but given it was a holiday weekend I think the GM wasn't around as much.

So, I told them straight up on the phone, they are the most disorganized dealership I've come across with. On top of that, they didn't put a registration sticker on my car, didn't have my floor mats ready, or my cover that they were going to give me because the car was late as well. I told them they're really lacking in communication, and that I've been completely patient throughout the whole deal, and never gotten angry once.

We'll see what they try to pull off tomorrow, or if they're going to just make it right, and install the Satellite radio in my car and be done with it. We'll see. This dealership is also about a month old, and it's impressive that they're doing the opposite of what they should be doing to impress people. I mean shit, they asked me to fax them a copy of a copy they gave me of the car I wanted, then they said they didn't need it because they found the original. Makes you wonder, and the sales person I was dealing with, I don't know if she got fired because I haven't heard a word from her!

I know it's stupid on my part in a way I didn't check everything was there before driving off, but I explicitly told them what I wanted in the car, and I was insanely excited my baby was here. I have it in writing, and so do they, so I assume that's enough. Sorry, had to vent, any advice would be good. Thanks guys.
Congrats on the new car. Don't let it get you down. I am sure they will make it right for you (or they should). They are aware of the survey impact dealer ranking and BMWNA contact as well. I picked mine up 2 weeks ago and the dealer f'd up the clear bra (after they insisted they could do it and that I didn't need to have my guy do it, largely becuase they didn't want to take any money off). I ultimately had to have my guy redo it as theirs screwed it up, the back and forth added 40 extra miles on my car and I was forced to leave it again in order to get it done right. They paid me back for the bra that they "included", reimbursed me for the miles (at about $10/mile) and flatbedded my car around.

Hang in there and remain calm but displeased and they should honor the deal as long as you can support what you have requested. Especially, if you have proof of what you ordered and paid for. Being a new dealership they will make it right as they don't need the bad press out of the gate. If you are a previous BMW owner that usually carries some weight as well since they will hope you come back. Once they agree to fix the car, get them to throw in a few accessories for your inconvenience. If you are in the right I would be shocked if they didn't go out of their way to make you happy.