BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-15-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
TX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 ///M3 E92 APW 6MT

APW tint suggestions

Goodmorning all, I've searched all over for tint posts and retuned a billion other threads, so please dont blast me too harshly for reposting. Basically I'm looking for some quick suggestions on tint on an Alpine White E92 M3.

does anyone have any links to photos of their APW with tint applied?
black tint?
metal film?
grey shade?
etc?
suggestions?

I rather like the car untinted, but now that its reached summer time in south FL, the sun is roasting my black leather and need to do something about it. I end up driving around parking lots looking for a tree or a little bit of shade to park in anytime i'm out since the leather gets flat cooked in the sun.

Thanks
-X
      07-15-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
subterFUSE
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Audi R8, 2023 Audi S8

Find a ceramic tint film. metal films are obsolete now. Ceramic films block more heat than metallic, and they also block less radio/cell phone signals.

My suggestion, as a fellow Floridian, is to get a 35% tint film. This will be dark enough to give some nice heat rejection, while not so dark that you cannot see through the windows from outside. Personally, my cars are tinted darker than 35%, but you mentioned liking the untinted look so that's why I mention the 35%.

And since your car is white, I would suggest a tint with a black or grey color.

Find a reputable installer who offers a lifetime guarantee.

Ceramic tint is more expensive than metallic films, but I assure you they're worth it.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
TX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 ///M3 E92 APW 6MT

Thanks for the tips, it's been a few years, well more like 8 years since i've had window tint done and back then all they talked about was metal film. I'll have to do some research on the ceramics as thats all new to me.
As a side note, anyone have any trusted dealers in WPB area?
I dont want my rear antenna and defogger wires cut by their blade like the last guy did. and the guy kneeled on the rear leather on my last car and put a scratch in the seat, so thats why I've not had any of my cars done since.

Thanks,
X