BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

06-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Evolve E-Tronic Exhaust - How difficult is the installation

Looking into exhaust systems and was considering an Eisenmann Sport and Challenge sport x-pipe or the Akra Evolution system until I found out about the Evolve system. Honestly, I'm not the type that would ever drive with the valves open but when comparing the price of the systems I'm considering, the Evolve is right there and I feel like it is something that needs to be considered.

From reviews that I've read, it seems like it's louder than the Akra system but not too loud. My car is used a lot for business so I can't have an exhaust that's too loud. My other concern is the installation especially with the electrical part. For those that have done it, how difficult is the installation?

I've only seen 2 complete reviews of the exhaus. I know one was from kitw and I forget who did the other. Are there any other reviews?
      06-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Looking into exhaust systems and was considering an Eisenmann Sport and Challenge sport x-pipe or the Akra Evolution system until I found out about the Evolve system. Honestly, I'm not the type that would ever drive with the valves open but when comparing the price of the systems I'm considering, the Evolve is right there and I feel like it is something that needs to be considered.

From reviews that I've read, it seems like it's louder than the Akra system but not too loud. My car is used a lot for business so I can't have an exhaust that's too loud. My other concern is the installation especially with the electrical part. For those that have done it, how difficult is the installation?

I've only seen 2 complete reviews of the exhaus. I know one was from kitw and I forget who did the other. Are there any other reviews?

The Evolve unit is great. I am currently running the unit and have not had a thought of replacing it with anything else (I have run about 6 different exhausts)

AKRA/Evolve Comparison:
The Akra to many is very nice, I drove my friends Superchargered and N/A AKRA with Challenge Race X-Pipe. The thing that drove me nuts was the amount of drone and it had this sort of weird tining noise (might be me)

Evolve Unit
My dad is not a fan of my many different setups I have run. He was actually pretty surprised at how nice it sounded with the Evolve unit in close. Its very hard to compare to exhaust out there but its nice an deep.

When the Evolve unit is open at lower rpm it sounds a bit louder than when the valve is closed, but when you punch it and are up in the RPMS the car sings. I have had many people stop me and ask me about my exhaust, many who drive E9x tell me how nice and deep the exhaust sounds. I am always driving my car with the valves open, the sound is intoxicating.

As for installation, this is very straight forward, there are 5 pieces when installing it:

- 2x pieces for Evolve X-Pipe (if you decide to purchase it)
- 1x Muffler
- 2x Valves
- 1x Power Module

When you want to run the power module you can run it through the a grommet that leads directly into the battery. I can try to take some pictures tonight. Very simple to install.

If I were you and really looking into the unit I would go for it. Best setup yet!

If you have anymore questions send me a pm or contact Alex@Evolve
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Evolve Automotive
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 . E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
The Evolve unit is great. I am currently running the unit and have not had a thought of replacing it with anything else (I have run about 6 different exhausts)

AKRA/Evolve Comparison:
The Akra to many is very nice, I drove my friends Superchargered and N/A AKRA with Challenge Race X-Pipe. The thing that drove me nuts was the amount of drone and it had this sort of weird tining noise (might be me)

Evolve Unit
My dad is not a fan of my many different setups I have run. He was actually pretty surprised at how nice it sounded with the Evolve unit in close. Its very hard to compare to exhaust out there but its nice an deep.

When the Evolve unit is open at lower rpm it sounds a bit louder than when the valve is closed, but when you punch it and are up in the RPMS the car sings. I have had many people stop me and ask me about my exhaust, many who drive E9x tell me how nice and deep the exhaust sounds. I am always driving my car with the valves open, the sound is intoxicating.

As for installation, this is very straight forward, there are 5 pieces when installing it:

- 2x pieces for Evolve X-Pipe (if you decide to purchase it)
- 1x Muffler
- 2x Valves
- 1x Power Module

When you want to run the power module you can run it through the a grommet that leads directly into the battery. I can try to take some pictures tonight. Very simple to install.

If I were you and really looking into the unit I would go for it. Best setup yet!

If you have anymore questions send me a pm or contact Alex@Evolve
MK pretty much summed it up. If you have any questions please let me know
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Modena NYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

How much is it? Do they make one for e90?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modena NYC View Post
How much is it? Do they make one for e90?
The unit works for both E90 and E92. The tips are adjustable to fit on both cars
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
BIU
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

Not to deter the OP's selection of the E-Tronic exhaust but only speaking on behalf of my own personal disappointing (UNDERSTATEMENT) experience with Evolve..

Please dont get me wrong as I am not taking away from the fact that the E-Tronic exhaust is a quality piece (I own an Eisenmann and I still wanted to make the switch)... but the customer service (Which I have received) is simply unexcusable..

I am sure there are countless members whom have positive experiences with the company.. I guess its just me that has gotten the short end of the stick.... TWICE

I stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt and simply gave up on inquiring

Last edited by BIU; 06-18-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIU View Post
Not to deter the OP's selection of the E-Tronic exhaust but only speaking on behalf of my own personal disappointing (UNDERSTATEMENT) experience with Evolve..

Please dont get me wrong as I am not taking away from the fact that the E-Tronic exhaust is a quality piece (I own an Eisenmann and I still wanted to make the switch)... but the customer service (Which I have received) is simply unexcusable..

I am sure there are countless members whom have positive experiences with the company.. I guess its just me that has gotten the short end of the stick.... TWICE

I have seen what issue you are talking about. I believe you were looking to demo a unit and were not given the opportunity? I have had no problems with Evolve and there are plenty (100+) customers that have nothing better to say about them. That sucks that you had a bad experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
BIU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I have seen what issue you are talking about. I believe you were looking to demo a unit and were not given the opportunity? I have had no problems with Evolve and there are plenty (100+) customers that have nothing better to say about them. That sucks that you had a bad experience.
Nope it definitely never was about the possibility of any demo opportunities...

The damage has been done and there is also no need for me to go into the details (Not my intention to jade Evolve's reputation nor make a big fuzz about it)

The E-Tronic exhaust definitely is an amazing piece and probably still the only other setup I would consider replacing over my Eisenmann Sport for my DD purposes..

I've accepted the fact and has moved on.. No harm done

Last edited by BIU; 06-19-2013 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 02:41 AM   #9
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I already have their stage 1 software and have dealt with the customer service multiple times. I've never had issues. I too read about your issue with trying to get a demo unit in another thread and it seemed pretty clear that they were only offering demos in the US. If you had other issues then I'm sorry but I haven't had any negative experiences with them to date.
      06-19-2013, 04:19 AM   #10
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

BIU - can you please contact me to let me know what the issue is/was. We take customer service seriously and I would like to see if we can rectify this for you or at the very least see where we went wrong so we make improvements.

808MGuy -

Here are some other review posts I found on this forum:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=18

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=732024

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743851

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729888
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
BIU - can you please contact me to let me know what the issue is/was. We take customer service seriously and I would like to see if we can rectify this for you or at the very least see where we went wrong so we make improvements.

808MGuy -

Here are some other review posts I found on this forum:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=18

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=732024

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743851

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729888
Got any pictures of the different tip options? I notice in one of the reviews it said they got slash cut tips instead of the straight cut.
      06-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #12
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Got any pictures of the different tip options? I notice in one of the reviews it said they got slash cut tips instead of the straight cut.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nice! Thanks for posting MK.

Slash cut on the left and straight cut on the right.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
no problem.. the slant cut to me is so much nicer than the straight cut BTW
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
no problem.. the slant cut to me is so much nicer than the straight cut BTW
Yeah I agree. Have slash cut on the Evolve M3 and most of our customers go for this option too.

Saying that straight cut can look good too!

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
BIU
Captain
Rep

Quote:

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #17
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This is why I love Evolve, top notch customer service!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #18
Evolve Automotive
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Like I stated in my email earlier, I apologize for the inconvenience. I take blame for the issue and hope you can give me a second chance in the future.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #19
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

I've had my E-tronic for a week now and absolutely LOVE this exhaust. I've got a busy couple of weeks but I'm gonna take some pictures and make a short review soon. After a long drawn out decision on what to get I'm very glad I went Evolve. I was gonna throw a subwoofer in but probably not anymore

As for the service I didn't have any issues. They had the system out to me on the exact day I wanted it by. No complaints.

2011.75 Jet Black E92 ///M3: ZCP|6MT|FR|EVOLVE 600 SUPERCHARGER|DINAN|BBS|VORSTEINER|BMW PERFORMANCE|IND EDITION|TMS|LUX 5K|
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #20
Evolve Automotive
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK OPS View Post
I've had my E-tronic for a week now and absolutely LOVE this exhaust. I've got a busy couple of weeks but I'm gonna take some pictures and make a short review soon. After a long drawn out decision on what to get I'm very glad I went Evolve. I was gonna throw a subwoofer in but probably not anymore

As for the service I didn't have any issues. They had the system out to me on the exact day I wanted it by. No complaints.
Thank you for the kind words! Glad it made it to you safe and sound
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #21
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Does anyone have this with a full catless exhaust with the resonators still in place? I would love to get this exhaust just not sure i want to throw 3 grand at an exhaust. Currently just running a full catless setup with the stock axel back and while I love how there is no drone it just kind of produces noise and not a certain tone.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
Does anyone have this with a full catless exhaust with the resonators still in place? I would love to get this exhaust just not sure i want to throw 3 grand at an exhaust. Currently just running a full catless setup with the stock axel back and while I love how there is no drone it just kind of produces noise and not a certain tone.
Don't know anyone that has fitted with complete catless X Pipe. I guess it would be a little bit louder than our set up with the secondary cats deleted too.
Appreciate 0