BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

10-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
DominionXX
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Alpine White Coupe

Waiting for Bluetooth Update for IOS 6

Hey All,

I just got off the phone with BMW Customer Relations, due to a feature that I believe is missing from my 2013 E92 M3.

As we all know, when you are on your iPhone, in the middle of a call, the call will automatically transfer to the car's bluetooth, once the ignition is turned on.
The problem I am having is when I am on a call in the car using bluetooth, and I arrive at my destination, the call doesn't transfer to my iPhone automatically... the call stays with the car's bluetooth... I can shut the engine off, lock the car, and have to walk 40 feet away for the call to transfer to my iPhone. I called BMW about this, and they were surprised... they called one of their SAs at my dealership to see if they knew what the issue was.... the short answer that I was given "It is not supported, you have to manually change the audio source on the iPhone. Does this seem weird?? My Audi and Acura transfer the call from bluetooth to the iPhone the second I turn off the car.

I am running IOS6 on my iPhone 4s, and have the latest bluetooth software in my car (UPD01005). Could this be something that was available if you had IOS 5?

I bought the car new last week, so I have only had IOS 6 on my iPhone Do I have to wait for BMW and Apple to update their respective software?

Thanks,

DominionXX
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

I'm surprised that BMWNA told you that... OEM Bluetooth has worked that way since at least MY2006.

Your phone will stay paired to your car after shutting it off until you manually change the audio source. And it is not weird at all, because you do have the option of staying in the car and finish your conversation... or not.

It is up to you and not up to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionXX View Post
Hey All,

I just got off the phone with BMW Customer Relations, due to a feature that I believe is missing from my 2013 E92 M3.

As we all know, when you are on your iPhone, in the middle of a call, the call will automatically transfer to the car's bluetooth, once the ignition is turned on.
The problem I am having is when I am on a call in the car using bluetooth, and I arrive at my destination, the call doesn't transfer to my iPhone automatically... the call stays with the car's bluetooth... I can shut the engine off, lock the car, and have to walk 40 feet away for the call to transfer to my iPhone. I called BMW about this, and they were surprised... they called one of their SAs at my dealership to see if they knew what the issue was.... the short answer that I was given "It is not supported, you have to manually change the audio source on the iPhone. Does this seem weird?? My Audi and Acura transfer the call from bluetooth to the iPhone the second I turn off the car.

I am running IOS6 on my iPhone 4s, and have the latest bluetooth software in my car (UPD01005). Could this be something that was available if you had IOS 5?

I bought the car new last week, so I have only had IOS 6 on my iPhone Do I have to wait for BMW and Apple to update their respective software?

Thanks,

DominionXX
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
DominionXX
Banned
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the reply, I see your point... At least I know that it is not something I am doing wrong. It is what it is.

Thanks Again Tech.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Agree.....totally normal and not iPhone specific. Just disconnect from the car when you want to get out.......Phil
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
DominionXX
Banned
United_States
Rep

Hey Phil,

Its Todd, the video guy that had the Audi S5 at the last track day, well as you can see, my M3 finally came in. Loving it. Finding crazy excuses to drive the damn thing :-) Can wait till break-in is over.

Regards.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominionXX View Post
Hey Phil,

Its Todd, the video guy that had the Audi S5 at the last track day, well as you can see, my M3 finally came in. Loving it. Finding crazy excuses to drive the damn thing :-) Can wait till break-in is over.

Regards.
What's up Todd....hey are you coming to the track event on the 20th?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747244
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0