BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #45
M3takesNYC
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMe90 View Post
The reason is probably because I still have the rear cats and OEM xpipe. Supposedly very restrictive. I will end up upgrading my xpipe later but will have to get resonators to quiet her down. I do have a bt cable and will try to log when I get a chance but she is running strong. Thanks for the advice man
No, rear cats are 200 cell and even a stock car has a linear power curve. Look at curves online, something is definetly not right. Once you hit 7k and your power is flattening off compared to whawt its supposed to you are probably looking at the engine is not breathing up top. I would bet the farm your camshafts, especially in an 08 or maybe something with fuel delivery is not able to keep up to what demand is up top. BT tool could tell you exactly if your fuel injector pulse is normal, if your camshafts are opening to spec and if any other problem is happening. May be the result of an 08 just getting old and things out of spec. Unless your spark plugs are old as well maybe the car is simply pulling timing up top and flattening things out.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #46
Dodge2Dub
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati

OP, how is the sound with TTP's and the exhaust mod? Any vids or soundclips?
      02-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #47
SGMe90
tuningtechfs tuned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 SGM e90 M3, 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC
Quote:
The reason is probably because I still have the rear cats and OEM xpipe. Supposedly very restrictive. I will end up upgrading my xpipe later but will have to get resonators to quiet her down. I do have a bt cable and will try to log when I get a chance but she is running strong. Thanks for the advice man
No, rear cats are 200 cell and even a stock car has a linear power curve. Look at curves online, something is definetly not right. Once you hit 7k and your power is flattening off compared to whawt its supposed to you are probably looking at the engine is not breathing up top. I would bet the farm your camshafts, especially in an 08 or maybe something with fuel delivery is not able to keep up to what demand is up top. BT tool could tell you exactly if your fuel injector pulse is normal, if your camshafts are opening to spec and if any other problem is happening. May be the result of an 08 just getting old and things out of spec. Unless your spark plugs are old as well maybe the car is simply pulling timing up top and flattening things out.
I had my spark plugs changed at 41k and now I have 42.7 on the odo. Car seems to run strong throughout the whole band. I'll see if I can bt cable it. Now you got me worried about this :
      02-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #48
SGMe90
tuningtechfs tuned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 SGM e90 M3, 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub
OP, how is the sound with TTP's and the exhaust mod? Any vids or soundclips?
If you search for OEM exhaust mod and test pipes m3, you'll see many videos.
      02-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #49
M3takesNYC
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
I had my spark plugs changed at 41k and now I have 42.7 on the odo. Car seems to run strong throughout the whole band. I'll see if I can bt cable it. Now you got me worried about this :
The odd thing is your last dyno plot looks good. Its definetly worth the 250 bucks for a BT cable to make sure everything is running well. Peace of mind if nothing else and making sure the car is up to tip top shape.

If its feeling strong I wouldn't worry but at the same time you can look for yourself, compare your first few dyno plots and look how that power flattens out at 7k and compare that to any other plot and you will see the difference.
Maybe its nothing but worth checking IMO
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #50
mazspeed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 M3, 13' S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoM3z View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how much did that tune run you? and how is it compared to BPM or ESS?
+1
71' cl175 Scrambler
14' Honda Grom
Appreciate 0