BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

EXXEL Distributions

05-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Dashware & RaceStudio2 (AiM SoloDL) weirdness

Are you guys having any luck syncing SoloDL data into Dashware?

I'm finding that Dashware's calculated lap times are at least 1-2 seconds slower than what RaceStudio reports (I believe RaceStudio, it's in line with my usual lap times collected previously via trackmaster) and after a few laps the video/data sync goes to hell even though it looks good on lap 1.

I know there are alternatives out there but I've spent too much time tweaking the Aim data profile and making templates to look elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
Are you guys having any luck syncing SoloDL data into Dashware?

I'm finding that Dashware's calculated lap times are at least 1-2 seconds slower than what RaceStudio reports (I believe RaceStudio, it's in line with my usual lap times collected previously via trackmaster) and after a few laps the video/data sync goes to hell even though it looks good on lap 1.

I know there are alternatives out there but I've spent too much time tweaking the Aim data profile and making templates to look elsewhere.
I don't have this problem, except that Aim gives an laptime of x:yy:zzz and Dashware likes to round down on the last part, so a 1:45:313 will be 1:45:24 for some reason, but the video is always in sync.

I can send you my Dashware profile if you'd like to try that. Let me know.

Recent videos on my youtube channel in signature if you want to confirm.

Thanks
      05-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandy View Post
I don't have this problem, except that Aim gives an laptime of x:yy:zzz and Dashware likes to round down on the last part, so a 1:45:313 will be 1:45:24 for some reason, but the video is always in sync.

I can send you my Dashware profile if you'd like to try that. Let me know.

Recent videos on my youtube channel in signature if you want to confirm.

Thanks
thanks, you got pm. I may have a potential solution though, found this post on what appears to be the same issue, I'll try syncing on the 2nd lap tonight:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
There's some sort of pause or glitch between the first and second lap of data. If you sync them up on the first lap, they'll be messed up after that lap (when the timer starts actually counting). So I just sync at the first corner of the 2nd lap (first timed lap). Should be good from there on.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
thanks, you got pm. I may have a potential solution though, found this post on what appears to be the same issue, I'll try syncing on the 2nd lap tonight:
I'll email you the profile later, but yes, I probably should've mentioned, I never sync the first lap anyways, since that's usually coming out of the pits and such. i always sync from the start/stop line of the second lap.
      05-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
by the way, there seems to be a new version that "may" fix some issues as well... 1.4.2

Quote:
DashWare 1.4.2:
Added the ability to trim data from the start and/or end, similar to the video trimming.
Improved TCX/GPX file import for cyclists.
TCX parser deals with lack of distance and speed better.
GPX parser deals with more extension formats, including reading cadence.
GPX parser now also supports Trail Tech Voyager extensions.
ChaseCam gave us another fix for ChaseCam data extraction problems.
Improved AiM data support to use beacon times to maintain a perfectly accurate data sync.
Updated Starlane data profile to also handle ; as separator.
      05-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandy View Post
I'll email you the profile later, but yes, I probably should've mentioned, I never sync the first lap anyways, since that's usually coming out of the pits and such. i always sync from the start/stop line of the second lap.
Yup, that seems to be it, syncing on 1st lap seems to screw things up. I setup my own track & start line via GPSManager that triggers on T1 right after pit-out, I guess that didn't work out that well under this scenario.

I'm now down to ~0.2-0.3 discrepancy like you mentioned, will try the new version tonight.
Appreciate 0