BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

08-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
murmur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 SO M3, 17 X5M, 18 M550

Does this sound right?

So I recently did the detail on my new E90 last week and it turned out just perfect. Here is what I did.
Wash >> CG citrus
Clay >> CG fine
CG>>Vertua Bond with PC DA (blk pad)
CG>>Jet Seal with PC DA (blk pad)
I tried the CG paste wax after that but the finish with Jet seal was super smooth and waxing top did not make much of a difference.

I did not clay it in full coz it was not picking up any thing and I did not want to add micrmarring for nothing.

I had the entire front end wrapped in Venture shield over the weekend and am thinking to wash the car again.

I am thinking to skip the clay and vertua bond this time and just do wash >> jet seal and may be wax. what do you guys think. I am not too sure what would look / work best with venture.

BTW, this was my first time around using PC and chem guys products and I certainly was impressed.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur View Post
Wash >> CG citrus
Clay >> CG fine
CG>>Vertua Bond with PC DA (blk pad)
CG>>Jet Seal with PC DA (blk pad)

I am thinking to skip the clay and vertua bond this time and just do wash >> jet seal and may be wax. what do you guys think. I am not too sure what would look / work best with venture.
Looks like you followed all of the right steps. I don't have any experience using Vertua Bond, so I can't comment there.

If you're planning on washing the car going forward, I would recommend using a milder soap. CG Citrus is a fantastic stripper soap, its great when you want to remove wax/sealants, but find diluting it enough to use as a regular soap somewhat tough. I'd recommend using something mild like CG Maxi Suds II for your washes going forward, as its nice and mild and won't strip off sealant.

Given that you've already prep'ed the paint under the Ventureshield/PPF, I would recommend putting some sealant over top of that as well (I personally use Plexus to clean, then use sealant after, but many installers will tell you not to use Plexus on PPF so take this advice with caution). But I would recommend waiting at least a few days for the Ventureshield to cure before doing so.

Last edited by sawzall; 08-04-2011 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
AutoCon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

Jet Seal is very easy to use, as it wipes on and off and does not streak even on Jet Black. If the results you are getting are good stick with it, proper washing will keep the marring down to a minimum but at some point you should clay the finish as even brand new cars always have fallout of some kind on them.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
murmur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 SO M3, 17 X5M, 18 M550

Thanks for the input, so I guess the bottom line for future would be Wash>>Clay>>Jetseal>>> and may be paste wax or should it be wash >> clay >> polish (P40 CG) >> Jetseal.

Question?? Where does a Glaze fall in the sequence, the folks @ CG threw in their Black Light and Hybrid V7 in my order for free to try and I was wondering where does that fit in the picture.
Appreciate 0