BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

EXXEL Distributions

06-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

South Bay BMW service feedback?

Hi...
my 1200mile service is coming up soon and I want to make sure I go to service center where they will take care of my car right.
I have read some horror stories about some dealers... so i want to make sure i go to a dealership where they do thing right.

I will most likely go to South Bay BMW in torrance.
Any of you guys get your service done at south bay? what was your experience like? any complaints? complements?
should I ask for a specific service advisor? if so who would you recommend?

thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
islandsnow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 AW

They suck...Customer service don't mean crap to them and seems like the techs don't know anything. Had my X5 there for 3 days and still can't figure out the problems. Waste of time but that was my experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #3
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

where do you get your service done? have you found good place yet?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

Ask for Alex Caicedo(pronounced kaicedo). He will take very good care of you. he was very careful with my M. 100% recommend. He deals well with modified cars as well as long as you tell him what u've done. He will work with you

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #5
islandsnow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_LIN View Post
Ask for Alex Caicedo(pronounced kaicedo). He will take very good care of you. he was very careful with my M. 100% recommend. He deals well with modified cars as well as long as you tell him what u've done. He will work with you

Ed Lin
Is Alex the service writer or the mechanic?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Alex is the SA. The technician is Adam. Make SURE Adam is the only person allowed working on your car. Adam himself is an awesome tech, but if someone ELSE get's your hands on your car, I guarantee you you'll regret it. I have first-hand experience non-Adam horror stories....

If you talk to Alex, and tell him you want Adam and only Adam to work on your car, even if you have to wait an extra day since he's busy, then you're good.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

OP: I understand your concern, I've had some horror stories in the past myself.

My car is at South Bay right now.

The SA I like to work with there is Vatche Khedesian, an enthusiast himself, he knows what to look out for and makes sure that the car is taken care of, ie. no numbered "hats" on the carbon fiber roof, mod-friendly, he keeps the key so porters don't drive it, etc...

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

When I took it to South Bay, before I knew Adam, the person who did my break-in service put in half a litre of oil short in my transmission, and South Bay refused to even check that stuff. Crevier also turned me away, yadda yadda. I had to drive it to Pacific BMW in Glendale before anyone would even look at that. "Oh its fine the transmission is normal" was all I got, they finally sorted it there....If you ever go to Pacific, talk to the SA Hassan Salem.

Anyways, later, when my engine was misfiring 3 cylinders, I took it in to South Bay, checked in with Alex. I was told Adam was busy, so I assumed "oh he'll get to it after he's done with what he's working on." That was a mistake. It was shoved on to another technician who not only forgot to put in a section of my intake back in, but also didn't secure a single nut, bolt, screw, etc. in my engine bay. That was lovely....

Right now, my car is having a intermittent grinding complication, and while the shop foreman there says that there's nothing wrong, both Adam and another technician (forget who) have confirmed the issue. Foreman keeps overturning these diagnoses.

Anyways, to be on the safe side, I personally make sure to explicitly say to Alex that only Adam is allowed to touch my car now.

OC, I love your car's color.

Edit: Oh yea, you can ask Alex to speak to Adam a couple minutes. When you do, tell him what you have done to your car. Adam is really chill, just be honest.
Appreciate 0