BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

03-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #111
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Attached Images

03-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #112
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

03-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #113
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Sergio should have won this race. He drove better and faster than Alonso, aside for this one mistake. Glad for Sauber though.

F**** McLaren. They had to fu*** Hamilton's pitstop. They also made him come later than Button, and cost him a place. Seriously, wtf?

Massa needs to retire. Seriously, it is a shame for Ferrari.

I feel bad for Schumi too. Would have like to see him in the top positions. Oh well...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #114
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
Sergio should have won this race. He drove better and faster than Alonso, aside for this one mistake. Glad for Sauber though.

F**** McLaren. They had to fu*** Hamilton's pitstop. They also made him come later than Button, and cost him a place. Seriously, wtf?

Massa needs to retire. Seriously, it is a shame for Ferrari.

I feel bad for Schumi too. Would have like to see him in the top positions. Oh well...
Its always something with mclaren lol

That douche thats couldnt get the rear jacked up

And then the other guy taking 6 attempts to remove a piece of tape
      03-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #115
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Its always something with mclaren lol

That douche thats couldnt get the rear jacked up

And then the other guy taking 6 attempts to remove a piece of tape
I need to watch the replay of the first pit stop, I believe I saw Hamilton stopped far on the stop and the rear jack off position? I need to confirm that.

They need to use a less adhesive tape next time...
Perhaps is a good commercial how sticky our industrial tape was!

but I think its harder for you with the gloves on, they should've back-tape a corner so they can rip it off easily....
      03-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #116
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
After his stop he came up to the HRT who hit him and caused a puncture. The incident caused damage to the rear brake duct, which went into thermal runaway, so we wanted to stop the car before the end from a safety point of view. Seb didn’t hear us on the radio and continued. Thankfully his car got to the end without failing...
Yikes. Thankfully indeed.

Interesting race. Kudos to Alonso and especially to his soon-to-be-announced new teammate.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #117
BudVlad
Old Geezer
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 N53B30

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Anyone knows wat's up with Vettel's car?

"Box! Box! Box! We are retiring the car!!!"
"Stay out! Stay out! Stay out!"
"Stop! Retire! Emergency Step!!"
Christian Horner: The incident caused damage to the rear brake duct, which went into thermal runaway, so we wanted to stop the car before the end from a safety point of view. Seb didn’t hear us on the radio and continued. Thankfully his car got to the end without failing, but the incident cost Sebastian at least a fourth place finish today.
      03-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #118
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Perez, the happiest 2nd place finisher you will ever see. I really thought he would win it, but he just pushed too hard into that corner and went off. He would of had Alonso in the DRS zone on that straight too.

I was bummed by McLaren's performance, but at least we got 1 of them on the podium. Seeing Vettel that far back made me happy though. I missed his puncture, I was only out of the room for 2 minutes, lol.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #119
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Sky and Damon Hill are wrong. The pressure is still on Ferrari despite the win.
They know the car is not up there, they've won because of the weather and Alonso. The car still piece of shit!!!

If it wasn't Alonso, Ferrari would be even more miserable for the past two years.
Well said. The fact that Alonso should have lost to a Sauber shows what a worthless piece of junk that Ferrari is.

Brilliant drives from Alonso and Perez. Perez in particular was superb, he controlled his pace so beautifully and was set up for a phenomenal victory. The cynic in me wonders if Peter Sauber got a call from Montezemolo in Maranello . Anyone notice the Ferrari team congratulating Perez? I don't think it's a secret that he'll be in Massa's seat in the near future.

I feel bad for Hamilton, he got 3rd place for a second time running, and this time it was really no fault of his own. His pace wasn't great, but he had two horrible pit stops (one thanks to Massa, the other due to his mechanics failing to remove duct tape).

As for Button and Vettel, I feel like they only have themselves to blame. Karthikeyan is often responsible, but in these two incidents, you'd have to place the majority of the blame on the former two drivers. Button went for a half-move that just wasn't there, and Vettel should have been a little bit more careful (after all, they know how erratic these HRTs can be).

Finally, what's going on with Mercedes?? Very quick in qualifying, but they are literally nowhere when it comes to race pace. Really quite bizarre.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #120
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
I need to watch the replay of the first pit stop, I believe I saw Hamilton stopped far on the stop and the rear jack off position? I need to confirm that.

They need to use a less adhesive tape next time...
Perhaps is a good commercial how sticky our industrial tape was!

but I think its harder for you with the gloves on, they should've back-tape a corner so they can rip it off easily....
Brundle said that Hamilton got held up because of traffic in the pits. He lost a little bit of time overshooting his box, but they had to hold him because Massa was coming in, which then got him stuck behind the car train in the pits.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #121
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

That was a great race. McLaren as usual need to sort themselves out. But a great finish, and I'm glad for both Alonso and Perez. Though Perez should have pipped him there at the end. While I don't want to call foul, that entire situation didn't sit quite right with me.

I fully expect to see Perez or Kubica in that Ferrari by the end of the year though. Massa is dropping the ball at his zero hour.

On the McLaren tape, they should have just cut the inside and flattened it down or pulled from the inside outwards, in my opinion at least.
      03-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #122
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
As for Button and Vettel, I feel like they only have themselves to blame. Karthikeyan is often responsible, but in these two incidents, you'd have to place the majority of the blame on the former two drivers.
Well said.

However, if ever there was a driver that didn't belong in F1 I think it would be Karthikeyan. Closely followed by Maldonado, though I feel for his misfortune having to retire on the last lap of both races.
      03-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #123
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well said. The fact that Alonso should have lost to a Sauber shows what a worthless piece of junk that Ferrari is.

Brilliant drives from Alonso and Perez. Perez in particular was superb, he controlled his pace so beautifully and was set up for a phenomenal victory. The cynic in me wonders if Peter Sauber got a call from Montezemolo in Maranello . Anyone notice the Ferrari team congratulating Perez? I don't think it's a secret that he'll be in Massa's seat in the near future.

I feel bad for Hamilton, he got 3rd place for a second time running, and this time it was really no fault of his own. His pace wasn't great, but he had two horrible pit stops (one thanks to Massa, the other due to his mechanics failing to remove duct tape).

As for Button and Vettel, I feel like they only have themselves to blame. Karthikeyan is often responsible, but in these two incidents, you'd have to place the majority of the blame on the former two drivers. Button went for a half-move that just wasn't there, and Vettel should have been a little bit more careful (after all, they know how erratic these HRTs can be).

Finally, what's going on with Mercedes?? Very quick in qualifying, but they are literally nowhere when it comes to race pace. Really quite bizarre.
Indeed, but i have yet see any improvement from HRT in the past two years and this year. Every year they turn up in Melbourne/Bahrain not prepared and ready. Their management need to sort out a good program and keep steady improvement, like I see from caterham, Sauber, Toro Rosso, and Force India.

Just felt that they should not be on the F1 grid at all, F1 is not for teams that are not ready and miles off the pace, where barely made it to 107% or beg the stewards for them to race.

hate to be heavily criticize them, but three years in a row turn up in the first race not prepared is unacceptable in modern F1.
      03-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #124
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Brundle said that Hamilton got held up because of traffic in the pits. He lost a little bit of time overshooting his box, but they had to hold him because Massa was coming in, which then got him stuck behind the car train in the pits.
That's correct.

If (another what if scenario), Hamilton didn't locked up the tires and stop perfectly. And rear jack hooks up like clockwork. I'd say the "lollipop man" would be able to release him just in time ahead of Felipe.

But too bad, one thing lead to other perhaps, unfortunate. Mclaren this year has a great potential, and I think the two great drivers Hamilton and Button will be able to extract more wins and podiums.
      03-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #125
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
As much as I don't like HRT and KAR being one of the slowest team/driver on the grid. I personally do not think he is responsible for both collisions.
Of course no investigation for the BUT-KAR collision, but VET-KAR collision where KAR had received a post-race drive-thru penalty, 20 seconds added to his total race time.
But looking at the footage, even though KAR was being lapped. He did move out of the way and got caught on the exit of the turn, then VET moved back to racing line a bit sooner and clipped HRT's front wing and slice his left rear.
If I have to blame, I'd put the responsibility to VET instead, where he moved in front of KAR too early when he's not even clear.

Quote:
Narain Karthikeyan has been penalised for his collision with Sebastian Vettel at the Malaysian Grand Prix, dropping him to last of the classified drivers.

Karthikeyan and Vettel made contact on lap 48 as the Red Bull lapped the HRT, shredding the left rear tyre on Vettel's car and forcing him to make an unplanned pit stop.

The reigning champion dropped out of the points as a result and blamed Karthikeyan for the incident, saying: "As in real life, there are a few cucumbers on the road."

The FIA handed Kathikeyan a post-race drive-through penalty, which added 20 seconds to his race time and dropped him behind team-mate Pedro de la Rosa in the classification.
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/74343.html
      03-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #126
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I don't fully agree with that penalty either.
      03-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #127
CDM3DCT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black M3 DCT

Sad to see VET struggle like he did. BUT very funny to hear his post race commentary and call KAR a vegetable. I believe he addressed him as a cucumber. Needless to say, RB does not have their edge this year but I have some hope that they have a trick up their sleeve and will find a way to pull a 3rd world title.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #128
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Vettel and Button messed up their races and think balming the HRT is a safe bet. It is, but that doesn't change the fact that they're doing it out of spite.

Romain Grosjean is not even techincally a rookie, yet, he drives worse than the worst of them. Out of the 2 first races through his own faults; both times from a high position. Except that this time, he took out Schumi after his best qualifying with M-B yet. I wonder if Schumi had a word with him after he blamed him for the collision.

M-B were actually screwed by how much they were heating up the intermediates... compared for instance with the Saubers. And while Schumacher was the class act in Canada last year in the semi-wet conditions, on a big circuit with long straights and high hear like Malaysia, the Mercedes had no real pace. Still, he brought it back to a point finishing position (reminded me of the good old days, when you could almost kind on a certain number of retirements ahead of you for some sweet points), but it was a shame to not see what he could've done had he not lost 10 places or whatever it was. I estimate 6th at least (Senna was quick, btw). Also, where was Nico R today? seemed to be heading backwards on purpose almost.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #129
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
What a race! Never would have guessed that podium. Glad to see Ferrari win again and fantastic to see Perez drive so well, he would have won if he pit in the same lap as Alonso, or if he didn't run off track near the end. Great 6th place for Senna too.

Massa is doing no good for Ferrari. They flew him a new chassis and the best he could manage was 15th, I'd be surprised if he keeps his seat for the rest of the season. Ferrari is probably drooling at what Perez could do for the team in that seat.

At least we still got to see a Vettel finger.

03-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #130
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

This made me laugh by the way.
Attached Images

03-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #131
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
Vettel and Button messed up their races and think balming the HRT is a safe bet. It is, but that doesn't change the fact that they're doing it out of spite.

Romain Grosjean is not even techincally a rookie, yet, he drives worse than the worst of them. Out of the 2 first races through his own faults; both times from a high position. Except that this time, he took out Schumi after his best qualifying with M-B yet. I wonder if Schumi had a word with him after he blamed him for the collision.

M-B were actually screwed by how much they were heating up the intermediates... compared for instance with the Saubers. And while Schumacher was the class act in Canada last year in the semi-wet conditions, on a big circuit with long straights and high hear like Malaysia, the Mercedes had no real pace. Still, he brought it back to a point finishing position (reminded me of the good old days, when you could almost kind on a certain number of retirements ahead of you for some sweet points), but it was a shame to not see what he could've done had he not lost 10 places or whatever it was. I estimate 6th at least (Senna was quick, btw). Also, where was Nico R today? seemed to be heading backwards on purpose almost.
Neh, Button admitted it was his own fault. It was a clumsy move from him on a damp track.

Vettel instead calling KAR a cucumber...
Also stewards penalized KAR for colliding with VET, which I do not understand. KAR was going straight out of the corner, VET was following, then VET passed and cut in front of KAR without ample of space. If I have to place a penalty, I'd put it on VET instead, its was an avoidable accident until VET move across.
      03-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #132
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
This made me laugh by the way.
Poor massa, I'd rather they use the one from last year, with the helmet on...