BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

05-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #23
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
Bry...I'm about to order my M3 vert and was checking out your options in your sig line..I've not see the option "high gloss shadowline trim" before - is that an exterior or interior trim?

I think it might be the window mouldings? On the 335i they come chrome and come blacked out on the m...right?
The high gloss shadowline trim is the moulding around the windows and the convertible rear deck lid. On the 335 convertible it's all chrome with no other option. On the M3, it's a glossy black finish.

Some of the early pics of the first E93 M3 convertible (the white one that broke cover earlier this year) had chrome trim. Turns out the shadowline is an option in Europe but will be standard on all E93 M3 'verts imported to the States. At least that's what my CA says. She proved it by directing me to the standard equipment chart in the M3 Convertible sales brochure (pg. 22). So it turns out I didn't need to specify that particular trim level when I originally placed my order, because it's standard in the US. I just wanted to be SURE I got it, because I really hate the chrome trim on the 335i convertible -- it betrays the cut-lines of the folding hard top. The black helps conceal those lines, making for a smoother overall appearance with the top up. My Jerez Black exterior color selection will complete the effect (camouflage the cut-lines in the top). In my opinion, the convertible looks much better in darker colors with the top up.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 12:42 AM   #24
radm3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Jerez Black

I placed my order around 4/23 but my dealer could not get me mdct on the vert for the may production slots. Best they could do is the June 9th slot, but said they were going to try to work on it. Any other e93 people able to order mdct for may production?
Appreciate 0