BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 e90

Exclamation Urgent question before I dropoff the car in Munich!! Help!

So I'm dropping my car off tomorrow and finishing my ED... i just want to say that it is absolutely amazing BUT I ran into some problems.

Some jack@ss in Zurich almost ran me off the street and i scraped the edge of the ZCP wheels on the sidewalk. Doesn't look like there is any bent pins or spokes. What I do notice is that there is scratches and paint flakes fell off.

Will this be covered under the ED insurance provided by BMW? Should I mention this at the dropoff inspection tomorrow? Anyone with prior ED experience please let me know ASAP as I have to drop off the car in roughly 10 hours.

Thanks!! Pics to come soon

EDIT: Pic added. Sorry for my finger being in the picture. Look for the scrapes near the bottom left of the picture

Last edited by VonSwoopington; 09-30-2010 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

I've never done the ED option but I would just ask BMW if that is covered. It probably is if you are willing to pay the deductible. You never know, they might hook you up.

Either way, not seeing the pictures yet I suspect you can have it fixed for 100-150 dollars providing it is just superficial damage (meaning you didn't bend the actual rim).
      09-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
kcdude24
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

The HARMS rep will do a visual inspection and note any issues. This should be pointed out. I believe there was a checkbox on the document that notes typical road rash type stuff...this should be noted separately. It also should be fixed either by the VPC or by your ED dealer (via ins claim)...depends upon the damage.

GL...enjoy a dunkel for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

I'm sorry, but without proper pictures for proof we can provide no further assistance in this matter...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
comebackid
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Competiton, 2021 X7

I've read on the forums that whatever damage was done (within reason), they fixed it with no questions asked. No charge. I don't recall if the customer gave the heads up. But I assume they will obviously see it.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

Just mention it when you drop off the car. Often cars are damage during the shipping reguardless of ED or regular cars coming in. The VPC goes over each car and fixes anything that has happened.
      09-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
So I'm dropping my car off tomorrow and finishing my ED... i just want to say that it is absolutely amazing BUT I ran into some problems.

Some jack@ss in Zurich almost ran me off the street and i scraped the edge of the ZCP wheels on the sidewalk. Doesn't look like there is any bent pins or spokes. What I do notice is that there is scratches and paint flakes fell off.

Will this be covered under the ED insurance provided by BMW? Should I mention this at the dropoff inspection tomorrow? Anyone with prior ED experience please let me know ASAP as I have to drop off the car in roughly 10 hours.

Thanks!! Pics to come soon
Yes, it will be covered. Make sure to point out the damage to the kind lady at HARMS. You will have a new wheel on delivery. No issues.
      09-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #8
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
I've never done the ED option but I would just ask BMW if that is covered. It probably is if you are willing to pay the deductible. You never know, they might hook you up.

Either way, not seeing the pictures yet I suspect you can have it fixed for 100-150 dollars providing it is just superficial damage (meaning you didn't bend the actual rim).
Yeah I don't think the rims were bent... I'll let the rep know tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdude24 View Post
The HARMS rep will do a visual inspection and note any issues. This should be pointed out. I believe there was a checkbox on the document that notes typical road rash type stuff...this should be noted separately. It also should be fixed either by the VPC or by your ED dealer (via ins claim)...depends upon the damage.

GL...enjoy a dunkel for me.
Thanks for the info. I sure hope its covered or I'll just have to buy another wheel .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
I'm sorry, but without proper pictures for proof we can provide no further assistance in this matter...
It's pretty late out right now. I'll try and take a pic early tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comebackid View Post
I've read on the forums that whatever damage was done (within reason), they fixed it with no questions asked. No charge. I don't recall if the customer gave the heads up. But I assume they will obviously see it.
Thanks. That's much more reassuring. I was absolutely furious when I heard the scrape of metal and concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
Just mention it when you drop off the car. Often cars are damage during the shipping reguardless of ED or regular cars coming in. The VPC goes over each car and fixes anything that has happened.
Thanks! I'll keep everyone updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Yes, it will be covered. Make sure to point out the damage to the kind lady at HARMS. You will have a new wheel on delivery. No issues.
Yes! I'd rather have a new wheel than a repaired one. I'll try not to get my hopes up too high. I just hope they fix it so I can't notice it... It's such a perfect car but that one little spot is bugging the hell out of me...

Also did you guys take the floormats with you or did you leave that in the car upon dropoff?

I'll be taking the warning triangle, medical kit, and license plate holder with me so far..

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #9
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep

Not a picture of the scratch but a shot at the welt for the help.

I just need to know if i need to take the floormats with me or not now.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

car looks great. ED is a great experience.

mats stay in the car.
      09-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Euro Plates

Quote:

Thanks

Not 100% sure about this, but i believe you're supposed to take the front license plate with you (assuming you want to keep your euro plate).

I seem to recall something to that effect while reading up on David Avilles' site www.eurocarsonline.com.

Can other members corroborate?

-esquire

EDIT - Scratch that. Here is what the website says about plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurocarsonline
I’d like to keep the European plates, as a souvenir. Is this possible?

Both plates must remain on vehicles being dropped off, effective July 1, 2009. There is no guarantee that the rear plate will be on the car once it arrives in the U.S. New European Customs Regulations require both license plates to remain on the vehicle until it reaches the U.S. Customers that want to keep the license plates as souvenir will have to wait until the vehicle arrives the dealership. Because the front license plate is only taped to the bumper and not drilled (with the exception of the 7 Series and X3), we cannot provide any guarantee that both license plates will be on the vehicle once it arrives.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by askjeeves View Post
car looks great. ED is a great experience.

mats stay in the car.
Thanks. It sure was going to be hard getting the mats home lol .

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Not 100% sure about this, but i believe you're supposed to take the front license plate with you (assuming you want to keep your euro plate).

I seem to recall something to that effect while reading up on David Avilles' site www.eurocarsonline.com.

Can other members corroborate?

-esquire

EDIT - Scratch that. Here is what the website says about plates
Yah I had already known about the plate situation. They stopped that a couple years ago unfortunately. I had a great plate too "M 1900 Z". Would've been perfect.. Thanks for the info though!

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks

Beautiful Von!!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #14
mrdenis
mcopb8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Thanks. It sure was going to be hard getting the mats home lol .

Yah I had already known about the plate situation. They stopped that a couple years ago unfortunately. I had a great plate too "M 1900 Z". Would've been perfect.. Thanks for the info though!
I received my ED car with both German tourist plates when I took re-delivery in SC. They were in pristine condition (until they repeatedly got run over by my carry-on luggage in the trunk when I was having too much fun on the trip back home...)
2006 BMW M3 coupe - sold
1999 BMW 540i touring - sold
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 07:14 PM   #15
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

One more question Von, what tires came on your car? PS2's or the Conti's?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

Be sure to take the hardware for the triangle. Some people have forgotten that or left it on the car. It is a perfect place to mount the Euro plate when you get back home.

Be sure that the first aid kit is in a checked bag. There are some sharp things in there that won't make it past security.

For what it is worth, I left a couple of things I didn't really care about in trunk and they made it back. I have heard about some people leaving dirty laundry in there that made it back.
      09-29-2010, 02:07 AM   #17
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdenis View Post
I received my ED car with both German tourist plates when I took re-delivery in SC. They were in pristine condition (until they repeatedly got run over by my carry-on luggage in the trunk when I was having too much fun on the trip back home...)
Hm.. I'll have to talk to my dealer about setting that up. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
One more question Von, what tires came on your car? PS2's or the Conti's?
Looks like Michelin tires so PS2s I'm assuming. Our M6 has michelin tires too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
Be sure to take the hardware for the triangle. Some people have forgotten that or left it on the car. It is a perfect place to mount the Euro plate when you get back home.

Be sure that the first aid kit is in a checked bag. There are some sharp things in there that won't make it past security.

For what it is worth, I left a couple of things I didn't really care about in trunk and they made it back. I have heard about some people leaving dirty laundry in there that made it back.
Thanks! I'll be sure to set that in the checked bagage.

Off to see the city and then my flight! Thanks everyone for the help.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 02:18 AM   #18
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Wheels are 100% covered. I had both my passenger side rims scratched very badly with a bump on 1 of the tires. Although the VPC did not repair any of them, the dealer repaired them. However, I did not like the result (the color doesn't really match the hyper silver on the original ZCP wheels) and ED insurance took care of it. Got new wheels instead without any issue.
      09-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #19
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
Wheels are 100% covered. I had both my passenger side rims scratched very badly with a bump on 1 of the tires. Although the VPC did not repair any of them, the dealer repaired them. However, I did not like the result (the color doesn't really match the hyper silver on the original ZCP wheels) and ED insurance took care of it. Got new wheels instead without any issue.
Thanks. I talked to my dealer and he mentioned the same thing pretty much. I hope the color gets matched or I'll have to try to get some new wheels.

How hard was it to get new wheels through the ED insurance?

Also my car came with a combox if anyone was wondering.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #20
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

No worries mate. It will be covered and taken care of. Just as long as you reported and noted in the inspection papers. I had a tiny stone chips that I reported and it was repaired and gone before I pick it up from my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #21
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeram View Post
No worries mate. It will be covered and taken care of. Just as long as you reported and noted in the inspection papers. I had a tiny stone chips that I reported and it was repaired and gone before I pick it up from my dealer.
I'm pretty sure I had a small stone chip on the hood too. I told them that there was but since it was raining and the car was dirty from waterspots they couldn't find it during inspection...

Are they thorough enough to look for that kind of stuff at the VPC or will I have to just deal with that little spot. I'm sure I'll see it the moment I get the car...

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #22
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks. I talked to my dealer and he mentioned the same thing pretty much. I hope the color gets matched or I'll have to try to get some new wheels.

How hard was it to get new wheels through the ED insurance?

Also my car came with a combox if anyone was wondering.

Thanks
I emailed the ED claim manager Kelly and she contacted my CA, then CA asked me to bring the car in and got it taken care of. Good luck!