BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

BPM

07-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #1
andret
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

Smile Just ordered new M3 - now the long wait

Just ordered new M3 Sedan (Jerez black, manual, comp pack, sunroof, individual audio). Got a great end of financial year deal from the rep keen to notch up his yearly sales (signed the papers at 6.30pm on June 30th after a few days of hard negotiation). Now for the real test of my paitence, have asked for Jan 2011 delivery and compliance plates.

Thanks for your advice on body style and gearbox, makes me feel more confident with my decisions.

Just want to know about the trim, have gone with the standard Titanium Shadow by process of elimination as I don't like any of the others. I have the Aluminium trim in the 325 and it scratches too easily. Can anyone tell me what the Titanium Shadow is like, is it metal or plastic? Does it scratch easily? If it is no better than the aluminium, I might change to aluminium trim.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Well done mate and welcome to the club! Can't help with the titanium shadow trim as I have the leather carbon fibre trim.

It'll be a tough wait now, but it'll be worth it!

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #3
NBTBRV8
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCi E60 530i

I think the Titanium Shadow looks more plasticy and not as classy. The aluminium lasts fine if you look after it and don't wear rings etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Agreed - I have the Alum and it still looks new
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
unhinged
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andret View Post
Just ordered new M3 Sedan (Jerez black, manual, comp pack, sunroof, individual audio). Got a great end of financial year deal from the rep keen to notch up his yearly sales (signed the papers at 6.30pm on June 30th after a few days of hard negotiation). Now for the real test of my paitence, have asked for Jan 2011 delivery and compliance plates.

Thanks for your advice on body style and gearbox, makes me feel more confident with my decisions.

Just want to know about the trim, have gone with the standard Titanium Shadow by process of elimination as I don't like any of the others. I have the Aluminium trim in the 325 and it scratches too easily. Can anyone tell me what the Titanium Shadow is like, is it metal or plastic? Does it scratch easily? If it is no better than the aluminium, I might change to aluminium trim.

Cheers.
Got my M3 Coupe DCT with Comp pack a week ago. It has titanium shadow trim. The trim is definitely metal, and definitely gives the interior a sleek, quality racing look. I'm glad I chose it over any of the other options. Don't think you'll regret it. And you definitely won't regret the rest of the car....
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #6
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
This is my personal opinion. The Alu trim lacks the finish and fails to do the interior any justice especially when match with black. I would go for either carbon/leather accent or black carbon cubes in Alu. No flame please.
      07-08-2010, 06:59 AM   #7
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
This is my personal opinion. The Alu trim lacks the finish and fails to do the interior any justice especially when match with black. I would go for either carbon/leather accent or black carbon cubes in Alu. No flame please.

Ditto what he said.

I went the Carbon Leather, couldn't be happier.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 07:20 AM   #8
andret
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
What is the black carbon cubes in alu?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #9
andret
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhinged View Post
Got my M3 Coupe DCT with Comp pack a week ago. It has titanium shadow trim. The trim is definitely metal, and definitely gives the interior a sleek, quality racing look. I'm glad I chose it over any of the other options. Don't think you'll regret it. And you definitely won't regret the rest of the car....
So far you're the only one supporting titanium shadow. Any chance of a few close up pics of the interior. I have struggled to find anything on the web and the local dealer is next to useless on the matter. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #10
unhinged
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andret View Post
So far you're the only one supporting titanium shadow. Any chance of a few close up pics of the interior. I have struggled to find anything on the web and the local dealer is next to useless on the matter. Cheers.
Have you seen my posting "M3 Competition Pack"? There's a large pic posted there. Let me know if you want another one. I'll say it again, though. I had my doubts about titanium shadow until I saw it in the flesh in my car. I'm glad I didn't get my first choice in trim (which was sycamore).
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 07:46 AM   #11
andret
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhinged View Post
Have you seen my posting "M3 Competition Pack"? There's a large pic posted there. Let me know if you want another one. I'll say it again, though. I had my doubts about titanium shadow until I saw it in the flesh in my car. I'm glad I didn't get my first choice in trim (which was sycamore).
Thanks mate, your M3 looks great. I don't want to have to go through this pain of waiting.

Anyway, if you wouldn't mind, a few pics of the door interiors and some close ups of the dash in daylight would be good. keen to see what the overall look is like.
Appreciate 0