BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

02-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #23
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@IND View Post
I always hate taking off the shift knobs for this exact reason.

Sorry I missed you the other day. Hope the new addition is doing well.
congrats!!
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #24
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
Sorry I missed you the other day. Hope the new addition is doing well.
congrats!!

Thank you! Hope you liked the new place.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #25
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@IND View Post
Thank you! Hope you liked the new place.

Its great! Sorry for all the drool.... Sooo many nice cars in there.

Tell Andrew thanks for the time spent.
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #26
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
I put the bmw performance shift knob on. Its way shorter than the stock one. Maybe too short? Hand kinda bumps into the console while shifting.
fack! I just ordered the F30 M performance knob, do you have pics of your install? I'm afraid it's going to be too short for me too.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #27
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
fack! I just ordered the F30 M performance knob, do you have pics of your install? I'm afraid it's going to be too short for me too.
its tiny compared to the original shift knob. i'll try and get a pic for you.
haven't had time to drive the car around with it. just first impression in the garage running through the gears.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #28
jkim723
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

In for pics. I just ordered the F10 M5 illuminated knob and I'm now worried I'm going to have a hard time taking off the stock shift knob after seeing this lol. Did you ever figure out why it was stuck?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #29
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk5one3 View Post
In for pics. I just ordered the F10 M5 illuminated knob and I'm now worried I'm going to have a hard time taking off the stock shift knob after seeing this lol. Did you ever figure out why it was stuck?
Nope... just being a lil bastard i guess

all done though.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #30
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Not the best photo but you get the idea. Alcantara boot from redline goods.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #31
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

so how do you like it so far? looks short to me..
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms372 View Post
so how do you like it so far? looks short to me..
i just put mine into today, it's about 3/4 inch shorter than stock. A bit too short for me. Otherwise pretty good, as you get rid of the "goose neck"
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #33
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Hey,

After you ripped it apart, do you still the OEM's circuit board, light bulb, and connectors?

If so, if you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands, will pay for shipping.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #34
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Hey, let me know if you're interested in a custom extension piece from IND. We can try to do a group buy.

I've emailed them for a price quote for an extension adapter (behind the boot) that extends the stem by about 1 inch. So this piece would snap in to the OEM stem on one end, and your knob on the other. And I suppose since IND will be making a few at a time, you can ask for different lengths. Let me know if you're interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #35
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu
Hey, let me know if you're interested in a custom extension piece from IND. We can try to do a group buy.

I've emailed them for a price quote for an extension adapter (behind the boot) that extends the stem by about 1 inch. So this piece would snap in to the OEM stem on one end, and your knob on the other. And I suppose since IND will be making a few at a time, you can ask for different lengths. Let me know if you're interested.
Interested in that, let me know. I threw the knob away Other wise I would've sent it to you for free.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #36
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Interested in that, let me know. I threw the knob away Other wise I would've sent it to you for free.
IND never emailed me back. too bad you threw it away, looks like you kept the top shift pattern? You can use it as pogs.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #37
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Haha I hate it when that happens. I HAD to put my ZHP knob on within a day of getting the M3, hated the stock on so much. Mine wouldn't come off either. Had to straddle the center console and pull as hard as I could.

P.S. at least you didn't have it come you and give a black eye. Still one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #38
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Drove the car today. I don't feel like switching the knob again so I'm just gonna deal with it for now. The performance knob is just to small for people with gorilla hands!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #39
SW78
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i 2009 Advantage

Hey guys,

I know this is a fairly old (dead) thread but today I encountered the same. All the force I could apply did not help with my 116i's shift knob. Can't pull it off (pun not intended).
On top of that it seems that the boot is attached to the old knob, too with a metal ring (the old know is a short style one). How could I take that d**mn thing off?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #40
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Sometimes my wife gets its stuck
Appreciate 0