BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #23
McKenna BMW
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark335i View Post
I don't think the alarm would've gone off; not enough force/motion to set it off unless the thieves are really clumsy...
Depends on the alarm also. I've had Viper and Compustar alarms. You can put them on real sensitive settings to the point where the slightest movement sets it off. It's really annoying.

This also reminds me of when I was at Cal Poly Pomona. One of my friends had his lip kit off his RSX stolen in the school parking lot, in the middle of the day!! The idiots even left some of their tools.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #24
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenna BMW View Post
Wow that sucks. I remember I had a friend that lived in Valencia. Overnight someone jacked her lip kit.

Do you have a car alarm?
you work where? or is that just your screen name? the oem alarm would not go off.

damn that sucks. at least they didnt take it.

edit:
Quote:
Depends on the alarm also. I've had Viper and Compustar alarms. You can put them on real sensitive settings to the point where the slightest movement sets it off. It's really annoying.

This also reminds me of when I was at Cal Poly Pomona. One of my friends had his lip kit off his RSX stolen in the school parking lot, in the middle of the day!! The idiots even left some of their tools.
nm.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #25
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuVan View Post
the factory alarm is pretty sensitive
one time I left my wallet in my car in my garage and I tried to grab it and hit my head on the window on the way out and the damn thing went off
it only have motion sensor inside and tilt sensor. the impact sensor sucks.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #26
McKenna BMW
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
you work where? or is that just your screen name? the oem alarm would not go off.

damn that sucks. at least they didnt take it.

edit:

nm.
I work for McKenna BMW. Currently waiting admin to get back to me for forum sponsorship. Just posting around while I wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #27
McKenna BMW
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
it only have motion sensor inside and tilt sensor. the impact sensor sucks.
Ever notice how alarms always tend to go off when you don't want them too? Then when you need them to go off, sometimes they don't?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #28
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
I work for McKenna BMW. Currently waiting admin to get back to me for forum sponsorship. Just posting around while I wait.
Dude, McKenna doesn’t have the best rep around here. And I hate to admit it, but I experienced it firsthand. I went through Long Beach BMW to get my M, but you guys actually had the car I wanted. After you were not willing to do a dealer trade with LB BMW I actually called you guys direct and the SA I was working with at LB even teed up a deal for you, told you guys the exact financial specs on the deal LB had going with me, and we basically said match it, and I will come by and get the car from you. I was going to give the SA at LB BMW a little referral fee for helping me out.

Long story short the car you guys had was cheaper than the one I ended up getting and you were asking like $25 more a month and $1K more on the deposit so I just ended up buying through LB BMW.

OP, sorry for thread hijack
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #29
McKenna BMW
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
Dude, McKenna doesn’t have the best rep around here. And I hate to admit it, but I experienced it firsthand. I went through Long Beach BMW to get my M, but you guys actually had the car I wanted. After you were not willing to do a dealer trade with LB BMW I actually called you guys direct and the SA I was working with at LB even teed up a deal for you, told you guys the exact financial specs on the deal LB had going with me, and we basically said match it, and I will come by and get the car from you. I was going to give the SA at LB BMW a little referral fee for helping me out.

Long story short the car you guys had was cheaper than the one I ended up getting and you were asking like $25 more a month and $1K more on the deposit so I just ended up buying through LB BMW.

OP, sorry for thread hijack
I completely understand what you mean, I've done my research and I understand what's been said and posted on the forum. But McKenna realizes the importance of automotive enthusiasts forums. Part of my job here is to help make the dealer more forum friendly in terms of customer service and car buying experience. That's all I can say for now as we are not sponsors yet (still working on it).
Appreciate 0