BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

10-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #45
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Seriously, Put 50% down on the M3 so you have a small payment with a good % rate. Stay at your folks for about 6months to a year, look for a bad ass house with a real good deal. Move out, host a house warming party, hire some ho's and start your bachelor life my friend. Just don't leave your family hanging!! Get the M3, the house, the bitches, and enjoy your life.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #46
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 e92

Are you Persian????? HAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #47
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
Live with your folks...by the M3.

albiet home prices are low, real estate is still dropping and will continue to do so.
+1

While there are alot of foreclosures, and housing prices are dropping alot... we aren't at the bottom yet. I'd wait 6months to a year before buying a house when the market has bottomed. And great deals can be had on an 08 M3 now as well. Someone just posted a negotiated deal of payments around half of what your considering. Granted it was on an E90 as well.

As for this thread, page 1 was good sound advice (although not really considering the current market and economy fully). Page 2, poeple started to kick in the stereotypical, "You need to move out or your a loser!" thing. This shit is old news. Poeple with sound jobs and wanting to save money have no problem living at home, and I can guarantee you if these poeple are not lying about it and actually have a good job then they don't feel like a loser either. It's just a decision that works best for all of the parties involved. Parents, kids, whatever. Living at home with a great job is alot smarter than moving out and taking on the brunt of all those payments just so you can get ass and be viewed by poeple on the internetz that your not a loser and independant. I see absolutely nothing wrong with his decision.

If you are happy with your current living conditions, then stick with it. Only move out if you have a real reason to, don't do it just because some arbitrary status-quo says you should. And now to the real important topic...

DO NOT BUY A M3 FOR $68k! You can get a way better deal than that!

Last edited by UltimateBMW; 10-16-2008 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #48
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Now that I think of it, this thread won't end well. They never do.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #49
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

buy a house!! It will not depreciate!!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #50
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmotion View Post
the housing market has a typical 10 yr span before a correction of some sort. At current prices, you are better off investing your money into a home or property of some type and reap the benefits a decade down the line. The equity you will build in this time frame along with appreciation of your real estate will more than make up for the price of a M3 over time. This would be the "smart" thing to do...many would follow their emotions and choose to go the route of satisfying their immediate urge for a new toy. Depends what your priorities are.
Thats not bad advice, only we are in the correction right now and its not over yet. Also, I think your profiling the OP wrong. This isn't a rash decision for "a new toy". His situation as a whole shows that he is more of a level headed purchaser. He made the call to live at home with parents and/or family for financially beneficial reasons, and it sounds like he's just been banking it all for all these years. So this has probably been something that was a long time coming for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Seriously, Put 50% down on the M3 so you have a small payment with a good % rate. Stay at your folks for about 6months to a year, look for a bad ass house with a real good deal. Move out, host a house warming party, hire some ho's and start your bachelor life my friend. Just don't leave your family hanging!! Get the M3, the house, the bitches, and enjoy your life.
50% down? No, thats dumb. Might as well jut buy it right out at this point. His whole idea was to have payments while the bulk of his money sat in a bank earning interest to supplement before-mentioned payments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.AK View Post
Are you Persian????? HAHAHA
wat?
      10-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #51
2008bimmerM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: JB

buy the car....worry about the house later...when you get married and have kids, ya good luck getting an M3

my fiance supported my purchase with the M3, she even told me if you dont get it now u aren't getting it until you are 60 because we are going to have kids.

put your 100k in a high interest bearing account, buy the car at 0.9% and IF YOU DO FIND A GOOD DEAL on the house, put down the 100k and buy the house, with your type of yearly income and IF you have a great credit score, you'll get approved for the house easily.

post pics when you get the car
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #52
eeeboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08M3 Space Gray DCT

Buy a home and later the home will pay for your car
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 02:40 PM   #53
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubiousONE View Post
Thats really true, thats why I want to get the M car.. because I could be paying a mortgage payment, which I'll never finish paying by the way even the day I die.. buying a home is a lifetime commitment.. plus, The way I see it is.. buying a home should be a mutual thing between my spouse and me, not just by myself.. I can buy the M car now, and look to buy a home when I truly settle down with an established spouse.. right??
This post reeks of self-justification, but hey, it's your money.

Whatever you do, at least move out of your parent's place.

EDIT: I do understand that you only live once and should enjoy life while you can, so I don't think getting an M3 is an outrageous idea, but when the car is gone, you may wish you had spent the money on the house instead...
      10-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #54
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
...If you are happy with your current living conditions, then stick with it. Only move out if you have a real reason to, don't do it just because some arbitrary status-quo says you should. And now to the real important topic...
Yes, like getting laid...
      10-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #55
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
+1

While there are alot of foreclosures, and housing prices are dropping alot... we aren't at the bottum yet. I'd wait 6months to a year before buying a house when the market has bottomed. And great deals can be had on an 08 M3 now as well. Someone just posted a negotiated deal of payments around half of what your considering. Granted it was on an E90 as well.

As for this thread, page 1 was good sound advice (although not really considering the current market and economy fully). Page 2, poeple started to kick in the stereotypical, "You need to move out or your a loser!" thing. This shit is old news. Poeple with sound jobs and wanting to save money have no problem living at home, and I can guarantee you if these poeple are not lying about it and actually have a good job then they don't feel like a loser either. It's just a decision that works best for all of the parties involved. Parents, kids, whatever. Living at home with a great job is alot smarter than moving out and taking on the brunt of all those payments just so you can get ass and be viewed by poeple on the internetz that your not a loser and independant. I see absolutely nothing wrong with his decision.

If you are happy with your current living conditions, then stick with it. Only move out if you have a real reason to, don't do it just because some arbitrary status-quo says you should. And now to the real important topic...

DO NOT BUY A M3 FOR $68k! You can get a way better deal than that!
+1 as well

"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #56
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu1 View Post
buy a house!! It will not depreciate!!
wrong...they have.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #57
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
wrong...they have.
Some homes have appreciated even now. It depends on where you live.

A house, over the long run will appreciate. A car, is certain to depreciate over it's entire life.
      10-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #58
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

My opinion will most likely be opposite of the general consensus, but fall more in line with schadenfreudes' and UltimateBMW's perspectives. While it is most definitely a buyer's market (..autos, homes, etc.), I'd wait on purchasing a home. Determining your individual housing needs, and finding the right home takes time. It is a process that should be approached with dutiful care and consideration. You're 28 years of age and making a healthy income, so enjoy it. You have all the time in the world to buy a home.

Cultural differences must be considered as well. I have a few friends of asian descent that make 6 figures annually, but live at home with their parents.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #59
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
Some homes have appreciated even now. It depends on where you live.

A house, over the long run will appreciate. A car, is certain to depreciate over it's entire life.
+1. My house has appreciated significantly over the last year of economic downturn.
      10-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #60
dubiousONE
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I was going to say "THIS" but at 20 I bought me a shiny new 530 and I lived at home. However, at 28 I gotta question his priorities. If you aren't seriously dating someone already you will have a hard time finding someone who is into 28 year olds living with their parents (aka George Costanza)
Well I was seriously dating someone and she didnt mind at all, she actually thought it was a really smart move on my behalf. Of course that was because then.. she knew I had money to spend on her LOL.. but she did prefer that I had my own place..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #61
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Yes, like getting laid...
Are you guaranteeing that if he got his own place he would get laid more than if he had an M3? He could always take it to the chicks place...

Plus, getting laid is an action based off a hormone. Hormones are temporary and pass. Where as the M3 is a desire, and everyone on this forum knows how powerful and long lasting desires are!

(This post is completely my own opinion and priorities. Bitches are cheap and widely available, imo.)
      10-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #62
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Seriously, Put 50% down on the M3 so you have a small payment with a good % rate. Stay at your folks for about 6months to a year, look for a bad ass house with a real good deal.
Not a bad suggestion either!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #63
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you guaranteeing that if he got his own place he would get laid more than if he had an M3? He could always take it to the chicks place...

Plus, getting laid is an action based off a hormone. Hormones are temporary and pass. Where as the M3 is a desire, and everyone on this forum knows how powerful and long lasting desires are!

(This post is completely my own opinion and priorities. Bitches are cheap and widely available, imo.)

Especially in Dallas.
      10-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #64
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post

Especially in Dallas.
I'll drink to that.
      10-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #65
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll drink to that.
My brother (lives in Dallas) and I both just got married. I don't understand how he deals with all that temptation walking around. Here in Houston, there's a lot less eye candy.
      10-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #66
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
A house first... car second.
+1!
Appreciate 0