BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

11-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #23
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

It looks a lot like a Hartge exhaust

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #24
DjZotic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

that is one complex axel back.....I Love it!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #25
tju317
Rep
Drives: NA

Awesome as usual Sal! Reply back to my email when you get a moment.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #26
Bomis
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Wow!

That exhaust sounds badass! But why make the sport sound mode quiter? It sounds really nice as it is!!

EURO E92 M3 2008 6MT Interlagos ///Fully Loaded! Evolve-R ECU Flash/Gintani Sport Exhaust/MS Stg2 Intake Kit/H&R Springs/MS 18/15 mm spacers/Bmw Perf. Grills/Gloss Black side gills/LCI Tails/LUX V3's/RD license plate leds
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #27
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Sal, looking good and sounds amazing my friend !
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #28
wdd1040
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3

That's awesome. Amazing how much testing you guys did!

In the videos, is that just the rear section or does it have your x-pipe too? Do you have a vid of rear+x-pipe?

PM me pricing please when you have finalized it.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #29
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Yeah, can we get clarification as to what we're listening to in those videos? Axle back, open, closed, etc?
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #30
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
I know Evolve Automotive has been research and developing this type of exhaust for a bit now, including the one for the E60 M5. All I have to say is, thank you for your continuous dedication to our community. I cannot recall too many other companies and tuners that are this candid with us. I know that there are many of us who want to know why tuners do the things they do, why they design certain products the way they do, and most of all proof of their development. Evolve Automotive is a prime example of honesty and commitment.

Your thorough explanation and data collection is very impressive! We see so many threads pop up asking what makes this XPipe so expensive, what makes this muffler better, why do people do this...etc. Well with this thread, I don't think anyone will be able to question the ingenuity, complexity, and proof of your work.

There is no doubt that this exhaust design will cater to a lot of us enthusiasts. As you said, we all prefer different tones and sounds. I am definitely excited to hopefully one day get a hold of your full exhaust setup! I am one who doesn't like to daily drive with a loud and booming exhaust, but I want the power. This looks like a great solution for me. Then at the track, I can open up those valves and break necks in the crowd!

Great work Sal, the team at Evolve Automotive, and to the fabricators. Your hard work and dedication will no doubt be awarded in various ways.

If I may ask a question though regarding the valve system. Can this system be activated under load or only at idle? For example, if I'm causing a ruckus on the streets with the valves open and I make my way to a neighborhood where I want to remain quiet, can I close the valves while driving?

I know many valve systems are preferred to work with no loud, I was curious if this applies to your system as well.

Thanks again for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #31
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdd1040 View Post

In the videos, is that just the rear section or does it have your x-pipe too? Do you have a vid of rear+x-pipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Yeah, can we get clarification as to what we're listening to in those videos? Axle back, open, closed, etc?
I opened up the videos in YouTube and it stated that they are with primary cat deletes and 200 cell race secondary cats.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #32
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Donkey

don't you have a plan to make titanium version?
E92 M3 DCT/ESS VT-575/FABSPEED hfc's/AE exhaust/BBS LM 19'/ KW CS/RD sways/STOPTECH TK/ RECARO PP /BMW PSW/WIECHERS SPORT roll cage/CF parts that covers the back seat/VRS hood/bumper/csl trunk/diffuser type 2/CF:mirror cap/side & front grills
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #33
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

This right there is the difference between a vendor who sells stuff and an engineer who makes stuff. 0.5 bar across the primary cats!. No wonder these things are so happy when they're uncorked!

The weight thing doesn't surprise me. The only way BMW with all their resources was able to improve on the stock exhaust was to use super-thin Inconel, pretty much ignore aesthetics except for some sorta nice Ti tips, and charge $3700+ and they were only able to drop 20lbs. Add the additional complexity of the valve system (Which I personally can do without but I understand the draw, I have a dump on my pickup truck) and you're there.

Last edited by Richbot; 11-29-2011 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #34
mahmud///M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92 Jerez Black

Wow so nice! How much?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #35
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

This is exactly what I have been wanting from all mods people are doing. Some actual date. People tend to hate on me for questioning different mods that provide NO data on whether they actually do what they say or comment on specifics.

Especially the headers thread. If sal can provide this extensive of a write-up on a rear section exhaust than it is not concievable to me that so many would jump on the new headers bandwagon without seeing some basic measures of things.

I hope you sell a bunch of them as you deserve it. Unfortunately most people do not care and will impulse by without any data. I wish it was different. This looks like the number 1 exhaust out there based on what you say and its clips! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #36
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV-E92M3 View Post
don't you have a plan to make titanium version?
That would be absolutely incredible if they did, but probably super expensive, hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
This right there is the difference between a vendor who sells stuff and an engineer who makes stuff. 0.5 bar across the primary cats!. No wonder these things are so happy when they're uncorked!

The weight thing doesn't surprise me. The only way BMW with all their resources was able to improve on the stock exhaust was to use super-thin Inconel, pretty much ignore aesthetics except for some sorta nice Ti tips, and charge $3700+ and they were only able to drop 20lbs. Add the additional complexity of the valve system (Which I personally can do without but I understand the draw, I have a dump on my pickup truck) and you're there.
Very well said! This is one reason why I am a huge supporter of Evolve Automotive. I don't have the greatest knowledge of automotive engineering, physics, or tuning, but I love how they are always creating threads and posts that educate many of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
This is exactly what I have been wanting from all mods people are doing. Some actual date. People tend to hate on me for questioning different mods that provide NO data on whether they actually do what they say or comment on specifics.

Especially the headers thread. If sal can provide this extensive of a write-up on a rear section exhaust than it is not concievable to me that so many would jump on the new headers bandwagon without seeing some basic measures of things.

I hope you sell a bunch of them as you deserve it. Unfortunately most people do not care and will impulse by without any data. I wish it was different. This looks like the number 1 exhaust out there based on what you say and its clips! Congrats!
This is the type of stuff I love to hear prior to ever buying a product, especially at this price level. I have made many mistakes in my past just impulse buying as you said. After speaking to Sal over the phone nearly a year ago regarding my E46 M3, I realized that us as consumers need to really dig deep in our research. Fortunately, Evolve is one of the companies who are always willing to be candid with us.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #37
VegasEgg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Is there any way we would be able to select the type of sound we'd like to order similar to how the Kressig Valve Exhausts offer?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #38
Mahmood07
Captain
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 + F85 X5M

Sounds great!
///M3 Mods: | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Primary Cats Delete (TTP) | ESS Tune | 19" Advan RS | Eibach Springs | MS Air Filter | BMW Perf. Spoiler | BMW Perf. Splitters | Euro LCI Tail lights | Angel iBright v.3.0 | 20% Tint | Matte black Kidney Grills | CF Side Gills | Painted Reflectors | Black M3 emblem
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #39
cghempel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Sal, you and your team at Evolve never cease to amaze me. I truly respect your openness with us (consumers) and your dedication to provide us with the very best products available. That being said, this exhaust is exactly what I was expecting from Evolve. GREAT work! Please provide pricing information when you finalize it. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #40
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

I'm really liking Evolve right now. I wish Evolve had come to market sooner....by the time they became a board sponsor, my car was fairly complete. With this kind of extensive testing I can't blame them though.

Evolve's attitude is extremely refreshing to see. Nothing but respect.

Last edited by LateBraking; 11-30-2011 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 03:52 AM   #41
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments and appreciating the development.

Also looks like alot of eyes have been opened with respect to what part of the exhaust actually makes power and what part cannot be improved upon.

So, the E-Tronic exhausts will be available for delivery within around 6 weeks with either tail pipe design.

Of course, better videos are coming with much better images of the actual final product.

Pricing will be made public within this week.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 03:53 AM   #42
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrollsp View Post
Is there any way we would be able to select the type of sound we'd like to order similar to how the Kressig Valve Exhausts offer?
Yes this is possible.

However, the loud setting will get very very loud of you did this.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 03:55 AM   #43
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdd1040 View Post

The videos are of the following:

Evolve X Pipe with 200 CPi CATS and Resonators
Evolve E-Tronic Rear Exhaust
Evolve 90mm Straight Cut Tail Pipes

We have already tested with the stock X Pipe (as you can see from the dyno tests).

The sound was very very good. Very much like stock with the valves closed with a little more bass and with the valves open it sounded real good with a great pitch.

Those videos will also be released shortly.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:41 AM   #44
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post

Hi,

Detailed data is essential for any engineering project. It proves R&D was done and people know exactly what they are getting.
All companies claim they did something or another but very few can even produce dyno graphs which show all the variables. We are used to just seeing a HP and torque line without even the correction factors!

Thanks for your support on comments!
Appreciate 0