BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

04-24-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
White08M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Question Has anyone purchased these reflectors on ebay?

I saw these reflectors on ebay, has anoyone purchased these yet? if so how was the quality...thanks for the input.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E90-E...spagenameZWDVW

E92 ///M3/Alpine White/6MT/Tech/VRS Boot Lid/UUC SSK/H&R Sport Drop/Hamann lip/ Remus Race Exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
Deathboy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

I Bought a set But havent recieved them yet will let you know.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathboy View Post
I Bought a set But havent recieved them yet will let you know.
Hey Deathboy I was just checking your order and according to Uni-Body e-mail I got :

llcoolj561 order status:

Your item arrived at 5:27 AM on April 24, 2008 in JUPITER, FL 33458. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Think thats PST. so your time 8:27?

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by White08M3 View Post
I saw these reflectors on ebay, has anoyone purchased these yet? if so how was the quality...thanks for the input.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E90-E...spagenameZWDVW

Unibody29 now has 2+ feedback about these reflectors both positive.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
SS32
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I bought some, they took a little while to get here, but they look great. The paint match is perfect.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
mattwhite
Private
Rep
Drives: M4, MP4-12C

I've got a set and I'm not 100% happy with them. They have painted over the part # lettering on the front so it is visible through the paint.

I e-mailed them about this and their response was "we can't sand them because of plastic bleeding issues" and then in the next sentence they offered a "special set" for an additional $30 more, which, guess what, would be sanded.

My response to them is - why don't you post this info in your e-bay add and let the customer decide. Not doing so is deceptive. They also won't take them back without a 15% restocking fee.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #7
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwhite View Post
I've got a set and I'm not 100% happy with them. They have painted over the part # lettering on the front so it is visible through the paint.

I e-mailed them about this and their response was "we can't sand them because of plastic bleeding issues" and then in the next sentence they offered a "special set" for an additional $30 more, which, guess what, would be sanded.

My response to them is - why don't you post this info in your e-bay add and let the customer decide. Not doing so is deceptive. They also won't take them back without a 15% restocking fee.
I'm not talking on behalf of them but the plastic bleeding into the paint is a known issue, one that Longtran had as well. I think I posted a responce on possible ways to fix that in the group buy from longtran. The additional cost dosent surprise me because I paid them $55 to paint mine and gave them my stock ones from my car.

What color did you order? and is the lettering really that visible when they are on the car? take some photo's I would like to see it.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
Deathboy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

They may have already arrived but im on vacation in the keys will be home tommorow will post on the quality.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #9
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
I'm not talking on behalf of them but the plastic bleeding into the paint is a known issue, one that Longtran had as well. I think I posted a responce on possible ways to fix that in the group buy from longtran. The additional cost dosent surprise me because I paid them $55 to paint mine and gave them my stock ones from my car.

What color did you order? and is the lettering really that visible when they are on the car? take some photo's I would like to see it.
Arent you the person that paints them for UniBody? The email address that I sent my paypal payment to had "jinxter" in it....coincidence?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #10
SS32
Major
Rep

He says its his brother....I noticed the same thing. And yes, the letters are visible, but you have to super close to notice it. It's not like they were invisible with the orange reflectors; what do you expect? If you're looking for something that clean, then get a euro bumper.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
yahtzee
El Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
He says its his brother....I noticed the same thing. And yes, the letters are visible, but you have to super close to notice it. It's not like they were invisible with the orange reflectors; what do you expect? If you're looking for something that clean, then get a euro bumper.
What do you mean what do I expect? I'm not complaining about them.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
SS32
Major
Rep

I was referring to mattwhite's complaint about the lettering showing through.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 11:56 PM   #13
mattwhite
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
My post is pretty clear, but I'll restate. I did not expect them to just paint over the letters so that they are visible through the paint without disclosing this in the ebay ad. One sentence in their ad is all it would take to disclose this. It is relevant information that the customer should be made aware of. Why? Because this may not be acceptable to everyone, which is illustrated by the fact that you are happy with them and I am not.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #14
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My post is pretty clear, but I'll restate. I did not expect them to just paint over the letters so that they are visible through the paint without disclosing this in the ebay ad. One sentence in their ad is all it would take to disclose this. It is relevant information that the customer should be made aware of. Why? Because this may not be acceptable to everyone, which is illustrated by the fact that you are happy with them and I am not.
hmm I dont know. They can add that but they also have a pic that shows the lettering on one of their reflectors. should they also include everything else that they didnt do in the ad? People could really get creative with this...

In my opinion if you want to advertise a smooth surface then it should be stated in the auction right? as far as I see they didnt say they were going to give you a smooth surface and didnt...they advertised painted BMW OEM refelctors.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #15
mattwhite
Private
Rep

Quote:
hmm I dont know. They can add that but they also have a pic that shows the lettering on one of their reflectors. should they also include everything else that they didnt do in the ad? People could really get creative with this...
First, the pictures they posted in the ad I purchased under absolutely do NOT show the raised lettering - they appear smooth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Second, stop the sloppy reasoning. Of course they shouldn't say everything they didn't do, just the relevant things. The fact that they themselves sell a set of OEM reflectors that are smooth indicates that not everyone wants ones with the lettering. Further, other high-quality companies such as evosport sell OEM smooth reflectors. This is obviously relevant information - why don't they put it in their ad, especially in light of the fact that the pictures they are using don't evidence it? The only reasonable answer given the fact that they a making two different sets, one with lettering and one without, is to mislead people.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #16
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

as far as I know they are not making a factory OEM smooth set. What ever they offered you might have only been for you. Are the Evosport ones factory BMW? or did they manufacture their own?

looked at the ad you bought from and I do notice it says :

Photo Displayed may not reflect actaul Product.

Photo of Vehicle and reflector attached is actual product installed on customer vehicle.

and a FYI that vehicle is my car and though standing 5 ft from the car you are unable to see the lettering. Guess what even mine have the lettering!

lol no offence but you just might have OCD if that lettering bothers you that much..

I have actually heard good things about Evosport as well color fitment everything is on the spot just $60 more after shipping...

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #17
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
as far as I know they are not making a factory OEM smooth set. What ever they offered you might have only been for you. Are the Evosport ones factory BMW? or did they manufacture their own?
I take that back. They will be offering smooth sets but they are custom manufactured as Flush mount. They will not be factory BMW oem.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #18
mattwhite
Private
Rep

Quote:

looked at the ad you bought from and I do notice it says :

Photo Displayed may not reflect actaul Product.

Photo of Vehicle and reflector attached is actual product installed on customer vehicle.

and a FYI that vehicle is my car and though standing 5 ft from the car you are unable to see the lettering. Guess what even mine have the lettering!

lol no offence but you just might have OCD if that lettering bothers you that much..

I have actually heard good things about Evosport as well color fitment everything is on the spot just $60 more after shipping...
I'm not sure why you are arguing so vehemently against a picture or simple description in their ad disclosing what is obviously a relevant issue to some people? Another post mentions that it is your brother who is selling these. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #19
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure why you are arguing so vehemently against a picture or simple description in their ad disclosing what is obviously a relevant issue to some people? Another post mentions that it is your brother who is selling these. Maybe that has something to do with it?
It is my brother that is selling them. I have no reason to hide that. Maybe I just dont see what you were expecting in the ad. I understand that you would have liked for it to explain that they would not be sanding down the reflectors but I just dont understand how you assumed they would...

Maybe because other companys do?

I will mention it to them to add that the reflectors are not sanded.

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #20
Deathboy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I bought painted reflectors from Longtran in a group buy for space gray. They don't even match space gray they are way to dark. On top of that he sent me two left reflectors! I also bought reflectors from Evosport and they are the bees knees expensive but worth it no raised lettering and the color match is perfect, and the shipping was super quick. As for Unibody 29s reflectors I cant comment beacuase i haven't recieved them yet and i ordered the evosports after the unibody 29s hope this helps anyone in the market to purchase these reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #21
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathboy View Post
I bought painted reflectors from Longtran in a group buy for space gray. They don't even match space gray they are way to dark. On top of that he sent me two left reflectors! I also bought reflectors from Evosport and they are the bees knees expensive but worth it no raised lettering and the color match is perfect, and the shipping was super quick. As for Unibody 29s reflectors I cant comment beacuase i haven't recieved them yet and i ordered the evosports after the unibody 29s hope this helps anyone in the market to purchase these reflectors.
you still on vacation?

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #22
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

They are just painted stock reflectors...right? So if the stock reflectors have lettering on them wouldnt you expect them to be just painted over?

Jason