BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

EXXEL Distributions

09-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #45
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Excellent pics. Great clarity!!

Lucid, I was wondering where you got that new avatar from earlier. Now I know.
      09-08-2007, 12:59 AM   #46
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Lucid, I hate to burst your bubble but that's Jet Black. In several of the photos where light is hitting the car there is NO hint of blue- only a mirror shine that is characteristic of Jet Black............

Time for the Official Jet Black thread.............
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 01:40 AM   #47
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Mmmmm... I think I have found my color!

Jason
      09-08-2007, 04:36 AM   #48
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Lucid, I hate to burst your bubble but that's Jet Black. In several of the photos where light is hitting the car there is NO hint of blue- only a mirror shine that is characteristic of Jet Black............

it is so hard to tell...at first i was looking through and thought for sure that it was jet black. but then in some of the shots it looks so obvious that there is a hint of blue. can we get any confirmation from where these were initally posted? either way, it looks so hot!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 05:15 AM   #49
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Ummm your mistaken. Look at the plates....

its all in the details

Anyhoo, these pics really show the dynamics of this color. Looks like the paint goes from dark metallic blue to jet black depending on the light. I guess kinda like the old Cosmos Black went from an almost dark grey to jet black depending on the camera angle, sun angle, etc....

Jason
      09-08-2007, 07:07 AM   #50
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Ummm your mistaken. Look at the plates....

its all in the details

Anyhoo, these pics really show the dynamics of this color. Looks like the paint goes from dark metallic blue to jet black depending on the light. I guess kinda like the old Cosmos Black went from an almost dark grey to jet black depending on the camera angle, sun angle, etc....

Jason
Ummmm, I don't think so- this is definitely Jet Black. When you look at the pic towards the end where the sun is shining directly onto the side profile of the car there is no hint of blue. If it WAS Jerez you would see the blue. Look again at the initial pic of Jerez at the beginning of this thread. The sun is hitting the hood and you can absolutely see the blue. Just compare these pics with the Black photo thread posted earlier last month when someone caught a bunch of M3's on a car transporter and you'll see what I mean. The car looks much more like the Jet Black one's from that thread than it looks like the other Jerez cars pictured in this thread...... Just my 2 cents..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #51
Mini Me
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman S PDK

Jerez vs. Jet Black

Quote from the Hungarian magazine where the photos came from:

"Az i-re a pontot a hátsó légterelő és a négy kipufogó teszi fel, utóbbi úgy kölcsönöz abszolút drámai hatást a metálfekete bajor kupénak, hogy közben egy pillanatig nem kelt bazári hangulatot."

"metálfekete" means metallic black, so it must be Jerez.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 07:32 AM   #52
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Ummmm, I don't think so- this is definitely Jet Black. When you look at the pic towards the end where the sun is shining directly onto the side profile of the car there is no hint of blue. If it WAS Jerez you would see the blue. Look again at the initial pic of Jerez at the beginning of this thread. The sun is hitting the hood and you can absolutely see the blue. Just compare these pics with the Black photo thread posted earlier last month when someone caught a bunch of M3's on a car transporter and you'll see what I mean. The car looks much more like the Jet Black one's from that thread than it looks like the other Jerez cars pictured in this thread...... Just my 2 cents..
Well, I don't know. It just looks great! I do see some blue/green tint to it on the 7th pic from the top, where the car is parked without a driver, and the sun is shining on it?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #53
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So let me get this straight. What we are looking at are two different cars, one Jet Black, and one Jerez. Both cars have fox red interior and the same driver. They were photographed in identical places and just happen to have identical lisence plates? Either that or the photographer decided to have the lisence plates switched from one car to the other for pictures to fool of us into thinking they were the same car?

Edit: Forgot to mention that if your theory is true and this magazine had two M3's in their review then not only did they have identical lisence plates and interiors, they both had sunroofs.

Personally I think the color is a little more dynamic than you are giving it credit for.

Jason

Jason
      09-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #54
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Here is another yummy pic...

Definitely more black than blue..notice the sticker on the passenger side of the windshield.

Jason

Last edited by JEllis; 09-08-2007 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #55
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Wow, dirty engine already with what looks like oil spots on the plenum.
      09-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #56
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Wow, dirty engine already with what looks like oil spots on the plenum.
The dust/dirt you can say happened during transport or something, but where did the oil/fluid come from?

And, in that same pic, it seems like the pain has blue tint--especially noticable in the bright are right by the headlight. A pure black should not do that?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #57
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Excellent pics. Great clarity!!

Lucid, I was wondering where you got that new avatar from earlier. Now I know.
What, you mean my twisted pick-up truck? That's what happened to it when I attempted to drift with it around a round-about. I swear!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #58
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
What, you mean my twisted pick-up truck? That's what happened to it when I attempted to drift with it around a round-about. I swear!
We need the rest of that story..
      09-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #59
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
So let me get this straight. What we are looking at are two different cars, one Jet Black, and one Jerez. Both cars have fox red interior and the same driver. They were photographed in identical places and just happen to have identical lisence plates? Either that or the photographer decided to have the lisence plates switched from one car to the other for pictures to fool of us into thinking they were the same car?

Edit: Forgot to mention that if your theory is true and this magazine had two M3's in their review then not only did they have identical lisence plates and interiors, they both had sunroofs.

Personally I think the color is a little more dynamic than you are giving it credit for.

Jason

Jason
What plates are you referring to? This car's plates are KUC- where are there pics of KUC somewhere else? Looking back thru this thread I don't see any other Jerez cars with the KUC plates.........

Don't get me wrong- I like Jerez. It's just that in the other shots in this thread the blue is so easy to spot and in fact looks purplish at times. Hell, in one video earlier some people thought it was Interlagos! If you see blue in these pics it's not from the paint- it's from the fact that black paint when shiny and new will reflect and mirror colors/images around it. In this case it is reflecting the sky, which is blue..........

All I'm saying is compare these shots with the rest of the cars in this thread- they look completely different..........

Could I be wrong- sure. But I have owned nothing but Black cars all my life and the car with KUC plates is IMHO Jet Black.......
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #60
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
What, you mean my twisted pick-up truck? That's what happened to it when I attempted to drift with it around a round-about downtown Boston. I swear!
No, the cornering M3.
      09-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #61
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
The dust/dirt you can say happened during transport or something, but where did the oil/fluid come from?

And, in that same pic, it seems like the pain has blue tint--especially noticable in the bright are right by the headlight. A pure black should not do that?
Yes, I see the blue. Gotta just be Jerez.

The oil spatterings seem to be at defined intervals...
      09-08-2007, 11:33 AM   #62
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep

finger marks in the dust..?
      09-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #63
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:

Maybe they just were too excited to refill oil properly:

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 11:48 AM   #64
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yeah, it could be Jerez- but notice how much darker it looks in these pics versus the ones that started this thread. Those earlier pics in Spain and the also the ones just after these were much lighter- definitely blue- many were saying they didn't care for it and also how close it looked to Monaco.

Then comes this car and looks very, very black- even in sunlight. Compare it to the Spain pics in the beginning of this thread (where all the M3's from previous gen's are lined up) and you'll see what I mean.

If Jerez really is this dark then it's got my vote.............
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #65
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, it could be Jerez- but notice how much darker it looks in these pics versus the ones that started this thread. Those earlier pics in Spain and the also the ones just after these were much lighter- definitely blue- many were saying they didn't care for it and also how close it looked to Monaco.

Then comes this car and looks very, very black- even in sunlight. Compare it to the Spain pics in the beginning of this thread (where all the M3's from previous gen's are lined up) and you'll see what I mean.

If Jerez really is this dark then it's got my vote.............
I think it is Jerez. To many of the pictures show a blueish hue.
I remember that one of the first descriptions of Jerez was "like oil on a dirty pond" or something like that. Other sources have repeatedly commented that it should be like Carbon Black, and we all know how that colour look. Sometimes very blue, other times almost black.
      09-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #66
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Now, that's dirty!

And this doesn't look good.