BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM
View Poll Results: Should I refund him his money?
Yes, all of it 12 10.71%
Yes, the partial refund that stated 12 10.71%
No, none of it 85 75.89%
Other (please specify) 3 2.68%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

03-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #45
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

oo and I guess I forgot to mention I do have perfect iTrader.. and perfect eBay.. and perfect Amazon... and have given several returns due if an item wasn't as described etc.. but I was approached in a professional manner and wasn't disrespected

Honestly, if he lived in SoCal, I'd have him ticketed.... just so he learns.

He lives in PA... and I do have contacts there.. but not worth it lol

Whatever, once he returns the pedals, I'll refund him is money..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #46
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

forget that guy, its not your fault that he didnt research.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #47
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven 328 View Post
forget that guy, its not your fault that he didnt research.
Yeah I agree about researching. If I'm going to buy something, I know exactly what it requires and entails before spending money on it. That being said, if I had been in the guy's position, and received the pedals not knowing you had to drill your existing ones, I would chalk it up to me being an idiot and not knowing what I was getting myself into. At that point, I sure as shit don't blame the seller, and wouldn't expect them to take a return. I'd just post them back up on the forums.

It's not your fault the guy is an idiot. Only logical reason to give him a refund is to shut him the fuck up so he can go bother whoever would be the next victim of his own stupidity.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #48
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

dont give him his money back, wtf what a disrespecting little shit. plus talk to an administrator so he wont be able to mess up your itrader. we all know how youre a reliable seller and we know how you buy shit in excess lol then sell it.

i would keep his money just for the attitude he has.

GL either way
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #49
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
dont give him his money back, wtf what a disrespecting little shit. plus talk to an administrator so he wont be able to mess up your itrader. we all know how youre a reliable seller and we know how you buy shit in excess lol then sell it.

i would keep his money just for the attitude he has.

GL either way
Thanks bro

99999999% I almost always only do local just because when I meet someone face to face, it builds a certain relationship

like at meets and what not

I help people save big...
like a friend's friend just got a e90 328... he's 16... bought pedals, his mom said he shouldn't have... and I took them back minus the s/h it cost me... cause he wasn't being an ass...
and now he comes to me and I refer him around (like to MFD, JBSpeed, etc) cause I've bought stuff from them for myself and I send people to them.. ask MFD, I've bought like 5 RD LEDs from them for people around here lol. and I install for a Coffee Bean White Chocolate Dream..
.... now i want one lol

Thanks everyone for your responses.
It really did make me feel better knowing I was not necessarily doing anything wrong... I try to help people out and the last thing I need is to start pissing people off... you know?
I love this forum.. I'm on it a lot.. I mean, 3k posts in like 8 months... and lots of buying too.. every mod I have on my car was purchased through the forum.
So the last thing I ever wanted was for my name to be tarnished...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #50
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
You have no obligation to refund him his money. You are not a dealer selling this product, you're simply just a single person selling items you have no use for. He bought the pedals from you and decided that he doesn't want them anymore. That's his fault, not yours.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #51
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
You have no obligation to refund him his money. You are not a dealer selling this product, you're simply just a single person selling items you have no use for. He bought the pedals from you and decided that he doesn't want them anymore. That's his fault, not yours.
It really makes me happy to see that I wasn't being unfair if I decided to not refund him (even though I am...)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #52
J-9
Converting 93 octane to noise.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
It really makes me happy to see that I wasn't being unfair if I decided to not refund him (even though I am...)
Dude, you own the issue now. If he tries to bad-mouth you in the seller feedback forum, just point people to this thread.

I know you're just trying to save yourself some grief, but you don't have to do it.
      03-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #53
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

You should tell him you'll refund is money if he sends you a picture of himself with a trout on his head.
      03-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #54
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Cool you're taking the higher road on this one, even if it were just to shut him up. If it were me, this Zack guy talked himself out of a refund already. He condescendingly demanded his money back due to an overslight on his part. I'm saying this thinking not knowing the proper way to install pedals too. He should have done his research or at least asked questions about what he was buying. You're being more than fair in this deal; the sheer hassle Zack has caused is worth more than $5 to me. It's funny to hear Zack oblivious to his own douchebaggery. I guess if you sleep in shit long enough, you won't notice the smell.

Even though this isn't OP's fault, it further illustrates why I always try to buy locally.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #55
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-9 View Post
Dude, you own the issue now. If he tries to bad-mouth you in the seller feedback forum, just point people to this thread.

I know you're just trying to save yourself some grief, but you don't have to do it.
Just hope this thread doesn't 'disappear'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
You should tell him you'll refund is money if he sends you a picture of himself with a trout on his head.
lol +1
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #56
Searcher821
I find stuff
Rep
Drives: Jet pack

Quote:
You WILL put a trout on your head!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #57
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
Cool you're taking the higher road on this one, even if it were just to shut him up. If it were me, this Zack guy talked himself out of a refund already. He condescendingly demanded his money back due to an overslight on his part. I'm saying this thinking not knowing the proper way to install pedals too. He should have done his research or at least asked questions about what he was buying. You're being more than fair in this deal; the sheer hassle Zack has caused is worth more than $5 to me. It's funny to hear Zack oblivious to his own douchebaggery. I guess if you sleep in shit long enough, you won't notice the smell.

Even though this isn't OP's fault, it further illustrates why I always try to buy locally.
Yeah +1 on the local deal.
I love how you met up with me etc.
I love your quote " if you sleep in shit long enough, you won't notice the smell" lol

Quote:
lolll

By the way.... should I leave him iTrader or no...?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #58
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

yes leave him itrader as negative(-1), put that hes a flake and a cry baby and like this thread if possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #59
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
yes leave him itrader as negative(-1), put that hes a flake and a cry baby and like this thread if possible.
but then he'd leave me a negative one too and that'd suckkkkk
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #60
whathappened
Banned
Rep
Drives: yes

Quote:
Well, I don't really do 'business' so I guess I don't need to worry?

Also, I guess you haven't read more than 20% of what's been said (my assumption, if I'm wrong, please do correct me).

I stated I would even suggest giving him a refund MYSELF if he had responded in a more respectful matter (I even gave an example)
However, because he was being a rude, disrespectful prick, I contemplated not refunding his money.

This was a simple transaction between two individuals... there is no 'legal' right anywhere.. nor was this really the 'issue'

"When I'm dealing with fellow board members on other boards, I do it because we're a community there, and everyone works with each other"

We work with each other, yes... but how was he working with me but demanding his money back simply because he didn't like them? not asking me, or requesting it, but demanding. on top of being disrespectful.
As mentioned by M-GoGo, you need to earn respect in this world
Make sense?
I'm simply going to refund him to just shut him up honestly.. not because I have a 'legal' right or anything like that
I read absolutely everything. I'm just letting you know that not everyone agrees with how you are handling this. You aren't rising above the other party, you are sinking to their level.

Good luck to you.

EDIT: With everything you said about how this guy should have done his research, I think it is funny that you started your ad out for the pedals by saying this:

Quote:
Okay, who knew that the SMG brake pedal was smaller than an Auto's brake pedal?
Not me...

Last edited by whathappened; 03-08-2010 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #61
J-9
Converting 93 octane to noise.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by whathappened View Post
I read absolutely everything. I'm just letting you know that not everyone agrees with how you are handling this. You aren't rising above the other party, you are sinking to their level.

Good luck to you.
Please, enlighten us then.

Care to elaborate more? I mean, OP's original post was asking for both sides' opinion...

Last edited by J-9; 03-08-2010 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #62
BSM 135i
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' BSM E82

mannnnnnn FTP!!!! FUCK THAT PUTO!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #63
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
You're still gonna refund him his money? Wow. You're a good dude.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #64
im spencer
Back in the f80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I think alot of people are missing the point here. Honestly im sure none of you guys would get worked up over five or ten dollars BUT it is the Principle of the matter. Human decency and a little bit of common sense since when does anyone just pull the trigger and buy something wholeheartedly knowing JACK about the product? You know what I've done this before, you know those quarter gumball toy machines?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #65
whathappened
Banned
Rep
Drives: yes

Quote:
Please, enlighten us then.

Care to elaborate more? I mean, OP's original post was asking for both sides' opinion...
If it were MY deal, the moment I read this line from the buyer's original email, I would have instantly agreed to a full refund:

"I sized the dead pedal u sent me and its like n inch shorter atleast than the stock one."

I would have instantly issued the refund, because if I had given somebody my word that it would fit their car (like persian54 told the buyer) and even a single part came up not fitting I would stand up to my word that it would fit.

Last edited by whathappened; 03-08-2010 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #66
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I think you should refund him the money minus a small restocking fee and let him cover the return shipping charge.

Any 'GOOD' vendor out there will always take returns. Regardless of reason as long as the product is in the same condition as shipped.