BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #23
The_AMG_Hunter
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
good luck with it dude! ill see you around on clublexus.com i used to have a turbo sc300 and still post over there
yea ive already started lurking on there and on lexusf.com
      12-17-2008, 10:10 PM   #24
The_AMG_Hunter
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothDoc View Post
C'mon over, you're welcome!! FYI, IS-F are being had as low as 51K (fully loaded, new, not demo) these days due to the economy. Not bad for a 416HP, 6 DVD changing Mark Levinson surround sound, NAV, bluetooth, keyless, etc. etc. etc. I've had mine since March w/o a single hiccup, CEL, squeak, rattle.
Wow thats a great deal! every day I fall more in love with the IS-F I want mines in ultrasonic blue
      12-17-2008, 10:10 PM   #25
ToothDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.2 TTS, CLA 45 AMG

BTW, there is an ECU tune and a TCU tune available! FINALLY, a power mod for Lexus. From what I know (pretty educated guesses), it's going to remove the limiter (the limiter is already high at 170 anyways), shift harder (shifts plenty hard for me already), revs a few hundred RPM higher, leans out the A/F ratio (pig rich at 11:1) among other things. So, I guess it'll give us another 1/2 second or more at the 1/4.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 10:16 PM   #26
The_AMG_Hunter
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothDoc View Post
BTW, there is an ECU tune and a TCU tune available! FINALLY, a power mod for Lexus. From what I know (pretty educated guesses), it's going to remove the limiter (the limiter is already high at 170 anyways), shift harder (shifts plenty hard for me already), revs a few hundred RPM higher, leans out the A/F ratio (pig rich at 11:1) among other things. So, I guess it'll give us another 1/2 second or more at the 1/4.
What are the HP and TQ gains with this tune?and price?
      12-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #27
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

What goes around, comes around...karma is a b!tch.

I used to drive 3 Lexus cars; not one problem with any of them...Toyota/Lexus quality and reliability. However, I'm not a big fan of the IS looks. I hated how the IS350 drove (compared with the 335i and Infiniti G35/37), but as I understand it, the IS-F is a totally different animal. The IS-F is quite fast as a stock sports sedan, but it probably still won't drive quite like the Bimmer. G/L with whatever you decide on; just try to be less of an --- (including not sending threatening PMs to fellow Enthusiast Forum members ) in whichever car you drive next and maybe life will treat you better. Enjoy!!!

And, please don't start posting all this b.s. on N54Tech.com so your buddies over there can have a field day and continue their childish name calling b.s. None of you guys actually know me. Although a few JB2/JB3 drivers I had the pleasure of meeting and running with at the track were very cool, and I'm confident they would say the same about me.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #28
The_AMG_Hunter
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
What goes around, comes around...karma is a b!tch.

I used to drive 3 Lexus cars; not one problem with any of them...Toyota/Lexus quality and reliability. However, I'm not a big fan of the IS looks. I hated how the IS350 drove (compared with the 335i and Infiniti G35/37), but as I understand it, the IS-F is a totally different animal. The IS-F is quite fast as a stock sports sedan, but it probably still won't drive quite like the Bimmer. G/L with whatever you decide on; just try to be less of an --- (including not sending threatening PMs to fellow Enthusiast Forum members ) in whichever car you drive next and maybe life will treat you better. Enjoy!!!

And, please don't start posting all this b.s. on N54Tech.com so your buddies over there can have a field day and continue their childish name calling b.s. None of you guys actually know me. Although a few JB2/JB3 drivers I had the pleasure of meeting and running with at the track were very cool, and I'm confident they would say the same about me.
Im sorry we got off on the wrong foot its just that the post you made in my thread really got under my skin,anyways comparing a is350 to an isf is like comparing a 335i to an m3 imo,and dont get me wrong im a bmw guy its just that all the headaches they have given me have me fed up already
      12-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #29
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90_DriftStar View Post
Due to the many headaches my 335i has given me, when my lease is up in feb. I will be getting a way more reliable vehicle the Lexus IS-F.... Thoughts?
I understand, man. BMW aren't exactly super reliable.

It just seems to me sometimes that BMW can't get anything right the first time.
When the 335 came out...it had massive fuel pump failures the first year and even now some still do.
The 335XI (that i have) costs 52k and comes with a suspension thats as floaty and soft as a Ford Taurus. Where is the Ultimate Driving Machine in that?
Now the new M3 is out and has it's shares of problems especially with the DTC and others.
When the E60 M5 came out....plenty of SMG failures, just check out their forum.
BMW couldn't even get a Navigation and iDrive right until 2009. Can we all agree honestly that our pre 2009 Nav/iDrive is ugly, dumb and slow? Come on...

I love BMW, but they need to get real with pricing and reliability.

Good choice, man. Lexus builds amazing cars at good prices!
      12-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #30
The_AMG_Hunter
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
I understand, man. BMW aren't exactly super reliable.

It just seems to me sometimes that BMW can't get anything right the first time.
When the 335 came out...it had massive fuel pump failures the first year and even now some still do.
The 335XI (that i have) costs 52k and comes with a suspension thats as floaty and soft as a Ford Taurus.
Now the new M3 is out and has it's shares of problems especially with the DTC and others.
When the E60 M5 came out....plenty of SMG failures, just check out their forum.

I love BMW, but they need to get real with pricing and reliability.

Good choice, man. Lexus builds amazing cars and good prices!
yea the problem is Bmw's are more complex than what they need to be,speaking of ford taurus im currently driving one that bmw gave me since my car is at the dealer! lmao
      12-17-2008, 11:19 PM   #31
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90_DriftStar View Post
yea the problem is Bmw's are more complex than what they need to be,speaking of ford taurus im currently driving one that bmw gave me since my car is at the dealer! lmao
Exactly. They make everything so complicated and it just causes problems. Why can't they see that?

I remember when Shiv was first looking at tunning the 335 was saying that the ECU is sooooooo complicated and complex, especially comparing to the EVO and STI that he was used to tunning....and those are great performance cars.

Why can't BMW make something less complex like that, but of course.... with refinement and style?

That will be the day!
      12-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #32
The_AMG_Hunter
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
Exactly. They make everything so complicated and it just causes problems. Why can't they see that?

I remember when Shiv was first looking at tunning the 335 was saying that the ECU is sooooooo complicated and complex, especially comparing to the EVO and STI that he was used to tunning....and those are great performance cars.

Why can't BMW make something less complex like that, but of course.... with refinement and style?

That will be the day!
yea that would be the day I buy another bmw lol
      12-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #33
NaTuReB0Y