BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

01-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #67
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelrrate View Post
Sound clips now dammit!
Promise I will make a soundclip tomorrow. I will do startup, idle, and revving. I will be home from NY this weekend due to the MLK holiday on Monday.
2008 (07/08) E92 M3 BPM Stage II Tuned by Mike Benvo, 6MT, Turner Test Pipes, Magnaflow Custom Catback Exhaust (Magnaflow X Pipe, secondary cat delete, Aero Resonators and Helmholtz Chambers),Vorsteiner CF Lip, Hamann Style CF rear diffuser, CF Rear Decklid Spoiler, BMW Performance Kidney Grills, CF Side Grills, OEM GTS Wheels, K&N Drop-In Filter, GP Thunder 8k Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #68
xoeightx
Rep
Drives: E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun@AW View Post
My friend just finished his up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeE92M3 View Post
That looks really good! Vaguely similar to mine Quick question though--how did he get the outside tips to shorten? Did he cut the tubing holding the tip on and then moved it down? Or are they adjustable? Was told to do this to enhance the look of it.
+2 I would also REALLY like to know how he shortened the outside exhaust tip to give it that staggered look
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #69
MiamiTuning
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoeightx View Post
+2 I would also REALLY like to know how he shortened the outside exhaust tip to give it that staggered look
I bought them used and came staggered, I'm sure the magnaflow sells them, you just have to find them, btw those Helmholtz chambers work great, the drone is completely gone.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #70
xoeightx
Rep
Drives: E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAJ View Post
I bought them used and came staggered, I'm sure the magnaflow sells them, you just have to find them, btw those Helmholtz chambers work great, the drone is completely gone.
I don't believe that Magnaflow does, I gave them a call the other day and they said it would be a lot of work. Probably not worth the time and $ for a welding shop to cut it off, shorten it, and TIG weld it back together but a good note, at least those Helmholtz chambers are getting rid of the drone!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #71
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

your such a tease on that sound clip. lol
Appreciate 0