BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

01-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #23
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
Thanks Le Mans, I'll look into that.

Jlinke, that sounds good, that is what I am looking for. Something that is not too obtrusive and will not get old after a while. I feel like I have heard more overall negative reviews/opinions on the AA however over the Eisenmann Sport.
Curious what you heard negative about AA? I gotta tell you it's a tough choice between the two, as we've discussed in PMs. I liked driving with the windows open with both, however you had to listen a little hard to hear the Eis sport, and my AA was never just axle back. AA combined with HFCs and X-pipe is loud, but I love the sound, and it's not annoying inside and doesn't drone.

However Eis sport over Akra is a definite, the Akra is just way too much money and doesn't sound that much different. (well at least from side by side youtube comparisons )
      01-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #24
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Curious what you heard negative about AA? I gotta tell you it's a tough choice between the two, as we've discussed in PMs. I liked driving with the windows open with both, however you had to listen a little hard to hear the Eis sport, and my AA was never just axle back. AA combined with HFCs and X-pipe is loud, but I love the sound, and it's not annoying inside and doesn't drone.

However Eis sport over Akra is a definite, the Akra is just way too much money and doesn't sound that much different. (well at least from side by side youtube comparisons )
I haven't read any "bad" reviews about the AA, but there have been complaints from AA owenrs about the mild drone in low RPM's and that it was a bit too loud for their taste.

I think I would probably enjoy the AA, however the Eisenmann seems like it might be best for me. Sure it might be a bit quiet at times, but I can always do things to make the Eisenmann a bit more aggressive than toning the AA down if it's too loud for me.

Since my car is a DD, and my driving is probably 50/50 hwy/city, plus I will be driving my two young daughters around often, I really don't wnat anthing too loud. Funny though, since I am wanting the AA tune and pulleys, plus the fact that AA has that nice 0% financing right now, I haven't ruled out the AA exhaust yet.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 10:39 PM   #25
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

I would get a Gintani x-pipe and a tune.

don't need to waste money on the test of the stuff

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 12:02 AM   #26
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
I would get a Gintani x-pipe and a tune.

don't need to waste money on the test of the stuff
what makes you say that? do you think there is more performance out of the xpipe and tune...whereas the rear exhaust is just sound and not much perf (aka "fluff")?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #27
zamm3k
Bla!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen335i View Post
what makes you say that? do you think there is more performance out of the xpipe and tune...whereas the rear exhaust is just sound and not much perf (aka "fluff")?
thats pretty much it. The couple of ponies you merely get out of the rear section are questionable and not really noticeable if at all. Yes. You'll probably make more HP, but its more the sound you'll make than the power. If you want power, you should be looking for a new X-Pipe and eventually a tune.
      01-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #28
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
thats pretty much it. The couple of ponies you merely get out of the rear section are questionable and not really noticeable if at all. Yes. You'll probably make more HP, but its more the sound you'll make than the power. If you want power, you should be looking for a new X-Pipe and eventually a tune.
I was looking at the Fabspeed X-pipe w/ HFC's. Assuming one added this only, what would it do noise wise to the exhaust?
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #29
Alias
dork
Rep
Drives: //M

adding hfc and an xpiple would be louder
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #30
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias View Post
adding hfc and an xpiple would be louder
Noticeably, so? Or say comparable to what an Eisenmann Sport would give you?

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #31
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi

btw not sure if i said it but i have no xpipe or hfc's i don't have a tune and its my dd with major highway miles.... Yes the low end drone did bother me for the first day...its only under load and when are we ever below 2k rpms anyway so....doesn't bother me at all anymore. its actually fun and i find myself toying with high gears at low speeds just to make different pitches. lol

LOve the AA

Just don't ever mess up the tips in the back because they are expensive to replace!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #32
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
correct me if i am wrong.
as far as i understand:
a rear seciton on its own will provide negligible gains, but when paired with a race xpipe or midpipe etc one will acheive max gains, a tune would help further.

however, i believe that just putting a race xpipe or midpipe straight in without changing the stock rear section to a less restrictive one would detract from the gains of the xpipe itself, like blowing into a straw...

this is what my commonsense says.
Appreciate 0