BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-16-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 COUPE ZCP

swissvax or zymol or gloss it?????

i recently picked up a new 2011 m3 alpine white coupe. 6 weeks since i picked up with 2200 miles now, I'm looking into different types of detail products for the paint...car has been washed plenty of times but i haunt done any polish or wax its time now i need help and info as to what is best for the white paint...$$$ isn't a problem so i want the best..ive always been a zymol fan but now i hear a lot about this swissvax...if anyone uses this product can u please post some pics and tell me the difference between all of them..and to where to buy them also..i wanted to do this by next weekend ii hope...im looking for the sickest deepest shine!!! http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/smilies/roundel.gif
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 04:45 AM   #2
phusion974
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: OE Tuned C63

If you want something specifically for white cars I would highly recommend Dodo Juice Diamond White Hard Wax or Dodo Juice light Fantastic Soft Wax. Both are pretty much identical but the hard wax is more durable and is easier to layer over each other.
The soft wax has more gloss to it but sacrifices a little durability.
Cant go wrong with either one.

I would also highly recommend P21S. Very easy to use and wont stain plastic, amazing shine and great durability.

Klasse All In One and Klasse Sealant glaze are also great products.
The sealant glaze is VERY concentrated and will be hard to work with if you put on alot.
If done right, it has incredible durability and shine.

All these products I mentioned will give you the same results as Zymol and Swissvax with less cost.

Always remember, Its proper paint preparation that results in a deep glossy shine when applying wax.

Last edited by phusion974; 10-16-2011 at 04:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 03:14 AM   #3
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phusion974 View Post
If you want something specifically for white cars I would highly recommend Dodo Juice Diamond White Hard Wax or Dodo Juice light Fantastic Soft Wax. Both are pretty much identical but the hard wax is more durable and is easier to layer over each other.
The soft wax has more gloss to it but sacrifices a little durability.
Cant go wrong with either one.

I would also highly recommend P21S. Very easy to use and wont stain plastic, amazing shine and great durability.

Klasse All In One and Klasse Sealant glaze are also great products.
The sealant glaze is VERY concentrated and will be hard to work with if you put on alot.
If done right, it has incredible durability and shine.

All these products I mentioned will give you the same results as Zymol and Swissvax with less cost.

Always remember, Its proper paint preparation that results in a deep glossy shine when applying wax.
Thanks for your information i will look into it...THe dodo juice is that a new company ? is it real high end stuff? i want aline of products the pros use for a concours car show,,,whether be swissvax zymaol or dodo can u please get me some more info on that dodo juice as to where to call to buy it...u mentioned a dodo product for white cars some companies offer that but then they have something more expensive or better the one for white cars I'm confused !!! i need to do more info...and the klasse glaze or the p21s are those a single item and then u have to buy from other companies certain stuff id rather stick with 1 company for all the products i need from shampoo to polish to wax etc
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #4
thedrknows
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

I have used Zymol in the past and have always been a fan. I used their cheaper line of waxes though, never their higher end. I just purchased swisswax from swissvax.us and the stuff is amazing. It goes on SO easy and just buffs to a shine. I know swissvax makes a wax specifically for white cars, but I just bought their basic wax (onyx I think is what it is). I would recommend the swisswax to anyone. They have a good line of products. I use their leather cleaning kit and it works really good too.

If you are looking for a good wax that is super easy to apply I definately think you should give swissvax a try. I would get it off amazon though...same distributor, but free shipping.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

gloss it = garbage products IMO
Ive used the full line up except for the tire dressing which is supposed to be good, but the res flat out suck!

if you are looking for one company, look into meguiars, menzerna, chemical guys
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
Ridonculous
1 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblefas View Post
Thanks for your information i will look into it...THe dodo juice is that a new company ? is it real high end stuff? i want aline of products the pros use for a concours car show,,,whether be swissvax zymaol or dodo can u please get me some more info on that dodo juice as to where to call to buy it...u mentioned a dodo product for white cars some companies offer that but then they have something more expensive or better the one for white cars I'm confused !!! i need to do more info...and the klasse glaze or the p21s are those a single item and then u have to buy from other companies certain stuff id rather stick with 1 company for all the products i need from shampoo to polish to wax etc
No offense, but how much detailing experience and knowledge do you have? Many of the pros and seasoned amateur detailers in these forums will tell you that you don't have to or need to buy the most expensive possible chemicals out there to get the best out of your paint. Don't get me wrong, Swissvax and Zymol have expensive products that are worth the money, but just coz it's the most expensive, doesn't technically mean it's the best for you.

As phusion974 stated, it's the preparation of your paint before the application of a wax that's more important. If your paint is full of swirl marks and imperfections, simply washing it and throwing on an expensive wax from Zymol or Swissvax won't make your car shine like a diamond. Detailing to perfection takes a lot of time and patience, if you dont want to spend the money on getting a real professional to do it, then I suggest you do the following at the minimum:

1. Wash the car with these products: Two 5-gallon buckets with Grit Guards, CG Citrus Wash (only for prepping a car for polish), Sheepskin Wash Mit and Waffle Weave Drying Towel
2. Clay the car with Gentle Fine Grade Clay with Dodo Juice Clay Lube
3. Polish the car and depending on the severity of swirls use Meguiars M105 and Meguiars M205 (it's what a lot of people use or Menzerna products). If you don't have one, you'll need a PC Random Orbital buffer with pads.
4. Apply a wax or sealant such as Dodo Juice Diamond White Hard Wax or Menzerna Power Lock or you can spend the big bucks and get something from Zymol or Swissvax.

Also, if you haven't yet, you should checkout the "Ask a Pro" section on DetailedImage.com. They have great articles and tips.

As long as you prep the car and remove the imperfections before applying a last step product, you can purchase something inexpensive like the Dodo Juice Diamond White or P21S Concours Wax and get stunning, jaw dropping results. Detailing is an artform where technique and execution matter more than the products used. Hope this helps you. Congrats on the car and best of luck with the paint!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #7
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep

to thedrknows: thanks for taking the time to chime in! I havnt made a final decision yet but it looks like I'm going to go with swissvac products after all the homework I've done..i will keep all posted to my final pick!...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
gloss it = garbage products IMO
Ive used the full line up except for the tire dressing which is supposed to be good, but the res flat out suck!

if you are looking for one company, look into meguiars, menzerna, chemical guys
REally u think they are garbage?! I never heard of them until a few years ago when i bought a new 09 zoo vette and took it up to my buddys detail shop..he does excellent work in the area I'm from BOSTON. We were talking as to what product to use and he mentioned gloss-it..he uses for his high end cars! He told me it was a real good stuff so i listened to him and trusted his opinion...so thats what we used on the vette ,,i had no complaints excellent shine and all etc....now the vetoes gone since 9-1-11 and now I'm in same situation for my m3 LOL.....Why do u think they are garbage if u don't mind me asking?? but as of right now I'm leaning towards swissvacbut i always have been a zymol fan...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 02:07 AM   #9
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridonculous View Post
No offense, but how much detailing experience and knowledge do you have? Many of the pros and seasoned amateur detailers in these forums will tell you that you don't have to or need to buy the most expensive possible chemicals out there to get the best out of your paint. Don't get me wrong, Swissvax and Zymol have expensive products that are worth the money, but just coz it's the most expensive, doesn't technically mean it's the best for you.

As phusion974 stated, it's the preparation of your paint before the application of a wax that's more important. If your paint is full of swirl marks and imperfections, simply washing it and throwing on an expensive wax from Zymol or Swissvax won't make your car shine like a diamond. Detailing to perfection takes a lot of time and patience, if you dont want to spend the money on getting a real professional to do it, then I suggest you do the following at the minimum:

1. Wash the car with these products: Two 5-gallon buckets with Grit Guards, CG Citrus Wash (only for prepping a car for polish), Sheepskin Wash Mit and Waffle Weave Drying Towel
2. Clay the car with Gentle Fine Grade Clay with Dodo Juice Clay Lube
3. Polish the car and depending on the severity of swirls use Meguiars M105 and Meguiars M205 (it's what a lot of people use or Menzerna products). If you don't have one, you'll need a PC Random Orbital buffer with pads.
4. Apply a wax or sealant such as Dodo Juice Diamond White Hard Wax or Menzerna Power Lock or you can spend the big bucks and get something from Zymol or Swissvax.

Also, if you haven't yet, you should checkout the "Ask a Pro" section on DetailedImage.com. They have great articles and tips.

As long as you prep the car and remove the imperfections before applying a last step product, you can purchase something inexpensive like the Dodo Juice Diamond White or P21S Concours Wax and get stunning, jaw dropping results. Detailing is an artform where technique and execution matter more than the products used. Hope this helps you. Congrats on the car and best of luck with the paint!
thanks man! I'm no pro i used to do all my work when i was younger but i just don't have the time anymore running my own businesses its hard like u said its a art and takes time My car 2011 m3 is new bought it 8-31-11..it was built in july...i have 2200 miles...im just looking for the best product then i hand it over to my friend he has a detail shop DRIVEn PERFECTION I'm Weymouth MA... he does the best work around here thats my opinion...so I'm trying to pick the best product to give him to do up the car...$$$ money really uisnt a problem but I'm not really thinking on spending over $1,000.00 dollars on a lil jar of swissvac or zymol there top of line wax is expensive!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 02:46 AM   #10
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Swissvax is your best way to go...

google "Swissvax'ed" and you will see some pics... Glacier would look especially good on your AW.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 06:31 AM   #11
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

1) Buying Swissvax; you might as well just set your money on fire.
2) Color-specific wax, I feel, is a crock. Good wax is good wax.
3) $.02 - I've had great results with Chemical Guy's Jet-Seal and 50/50 wax. Einszett Glanz wasn't too shabby either.

Wasn't Swissvax created from ex-Zymol people? To me, there is no way the raw materials justify the price of that stuff. I'm not saying its bad by any stretch but the price is probably dictated more from their small-production/ distribution as opposed to the results that you will ultimately get. As you probably know, wax is just 1 part of many steps to get a killer shine.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #12
phusion974
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
I think they're a fairly new company, not sure though. Its not high end stuff but its definitely great quality wax. If you want very high end/exclusive wax then Zymol and Swissvax is the only way to go.
I have ordered a bunch of Dodojuice and other detailing stuff from autogeek.net.

I know it can get confusing at times because there are soo many options out there. I usually go on Google and research about products I'm interested in and that helps me out alot in making my decision.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #13
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phusion974 View Post
I think they're a fairly new company, not sure though. Its not high end stuff but its definitely great quality wax. If you want very high end/exclusive wax then Zymol and Swissvax is the only way to go.
I have ordered a bunch of Dodojuice and other detailing stuff from autogeek.net.

I know it can get confusing at times because there are soo many options out there. I usually go on Google and research about products I'm interested in and that helps me out alot in making my decision.
okay thanks for your knowledge it helped and thanks again to steering me to products that are kick ass also but watching how much i spend $$$$$$ on shit that does the same !!!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #14
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
1) Buying Swissvax; you might as well just set your money on fire.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #15
phusion974
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
okay thanks for your knowledge it helped and thanks again to steering me to products that are kick ass also but watching how much i spend $$$$$$ on shit that does the same !!!
Glad I can help.
I could never justify spending hundreds of dollars on a jar of wax.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #16
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Anyone have an opinions on the Griot's products?
Appreciate 0