BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

10-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #23
xccess
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by obe100 View Post
There has to be a common thread regarding this issue…….and I suspect it boils down to impacted owner's beating the $hit out of their car….practically ALL the time - both street and track. Everything has a limit.

For the sake of contradicting myself, I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I'd feel pretty safe betting money that MOST of these issues are driver related.

Also, I have a tough time accepting the claim that 88K miles are considered "high mileage" especially for a "high end" car.

OP - good luck with the repair(s). Pls keep us posted.
Car never been through the track nor have it been racing, baby it most of time talk to BMW NA but no help available
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #24
Sirius Black
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by obe100 View Post
There has to be a common thread regarding this issue…….and I suspect it boils down to impacted owner's beating the $hit out of their car….practically ALL the time - both street and track. Everything has a limit.

For the sake of contradicting myself, I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I'd feel pretty safe betting money that MOST of these issues are driver related.

Also, I have a tough time accepting the claim that 88K miles are considered "high mileage" especially for a "high end" car.

OP - good luck with the repair(s). Pls keep us posted.
Replaced my bearings at 85k. Car is SC w/AA Stg 3 Gen 2 since 71k. Blackstone prior to SC install showed no signs of bearing material.

I don't run it hard while cold, change oil with Castrol 10w-60 every 5k, but I DO beat on it hard regularly. Changed the bearings @ 85K.

My shop almost stopped working on it because the bearings they were removing showed no signifigant signs of wear. Went ahead with the job anyway. At this point it's worth it to me just for the piece of mind.

Perhaps there is something to this idea that misuse in some cases is contributing to these failures. I by no means baby my car, but I also don't abuse it while cold, and make sure it has fresh oil every 5k.