BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-31-2016, 12:40 PM   #1
OlegE90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans E90 M3, 2009 335i

FS: E9X M3 Carbotech 1521 Bobcat Street Pads - Basically New!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
For sale is a set of basically new Carbotech 1521 Bobcat street pads for the E9X M3. These are a good alternative to OEM BMW pads because they don't have that initial overtly hard bite. These pads are easy to modulate throughout full brake pedal application and are easy on the rotors. They also produce less dust than OEM pads and the dust is not corrosive on wheels and easy to clean off.

These pads make good companions to Carbotech XP race pads. Switch the race pads out, put these in. That's what I used them for. These were on my car for about 1000 miles so they have about 98% of the pad left (see below pics). However, I recently switched to Stoptech BBK so I no longer need these.

The pads are $189+shipping, new from Carbotech. However, I'm selling the same basically new pads for $110 shipped (Paypal as gift) to anywhere in continental US via USPS Priority Mail, or best offer.

Here is a quote from Carbotech's website about these pads.

Quote:
The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser, and has won multiple SCCA Solo 2 and Prosolo National Championships. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. Bobcat 1521™ compound has also been found to extend the life of your rotors 2-3 times. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.

Last edited by OlegE90; 09-19-2016 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #2
OlegE90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans E90 M3, 2009 335i

Bump! Lowered price!
Appreciate 0