BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

10-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

weird Idrive issue - no music wont shut off

So this morning i fire up the m3, let it warm up for 2~3 minutes and take off for work. As i'm driving about a mile or so i realize theres no music. (mute icon wasn't on) I initially thought may be its cloudy in VA so the SAT isn't working so i switch it to radio, no music. Same with CD.

I get to the next red light, shut the car off and the Idrive is STILL ON!!, err. Light turns green i drive a bit more and then at the next red same thing. I restarted the car about 5 times and no change. So then i initiated a bluetooth call to my vmail and viola! speakers work and after the call ended my stereo works.

I make it back to work which was about 25 miles I shut the car off and ERRRRR I-drive won't turn off again. I tried rebooting about 3 times and same.

hmmmm.

For shits and giggles i hit the SOS button and call bmw assist. They tell me they can't do anything but tell me to take it to the nearest service center.

Great....

I end the call and then the car shuts off.

Wierdness.

Anyone else exp this?

Doh - a friend just told me i could of rebooted the i-drive by pushing both eject buttons (DVD and CD) and the volume knob (a.k.a the mute button) at the same time. I'll try that next time

Last edited by novablackm3; 10-13-2009 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0